• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canadian Disc Golfers Corner or from Canada eh

And furthermore I just tripped over something called www.discgolfscene.com it turns out there's also a "Masters of Discgolf tournament" at Mundy park in March for the 40+ crowd... lots of course listing's too.. I saw some stuff that isn't on Udisc yet.

I have been watching the PCA Poker champs this week and an amateur guy in his 60s from Nova Scotia made it to the final 3. He was playing for charity. He worked for a non-profit somehow tied to Buddhism. Such a Canadian. I think he won over 600K. His net profit after expenses for the tournament will go to charity. This does not relate to disc golf, but I think it's a good example of how cool Canadians can be.

The Prince Edward Island course made my bucket list after seeing it on YouTube. I'd like to just make it to Canada in general some time.

. He was playing for charity. He worked for a non-profit somehow tied to Buddhism. Such a Canadian. I think he won over 600K. His net profit after expenses for the tournament will go to charity. This does not relate to disc golf, but I think it's a good example of how cool Canadians can be.
Hey that's a cool story thanks for stopping by.

Legend has it if you step on a Canadians foot they will automatically say "Sorry"

5v9da27NKDhAEJmL8
UpJSAe8hSovT7jnw7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UpJSAe8hSovT7jnw7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5v9da27NKDhAEJmL8

Hey so HOD kind of hole 12 probably 240'. First pic is zoomed in you can see the pin in the middle under the arched tree. Other is from the teepad.

4KZoiqv2WdrdxJrDA
UpJSAe8hSovT7jnw7

Last edited:
Looks like Dave Ross won up in Nanaimo for Duckgolf #4.. Well done! Next one is in Mission in March. Then I think Pender in April?

I heard quite a few people had to get refunded for that tourney because there weren't very many open spots, and lots of people wanted to play. I was at Mary's farm that day it was so busy with the overflow from duck golf.

And here I am on my day off itching to throw but these massive freezing winds have settled in and there's no way in hell im going out throwing in that!

And here I am on my day off itching to throw but these massive freezing winds have settled in and there's no way in hell im going out throwing in that!

Yeah it's frickin cold out... I was working in it so I played a quick seven hole loop all easy and two of em were made up.. They call it the old farts nine. I've got insulated coveralls from my Alberta days but I was too worried about wind intensity.. Had a good outing with a fresh stable plasma Envy did real well in the headwind I appreciate poaching it around more now.

Yikes. Well at least you managed to get out and make the best of it. I was getting cabin fever so I layered up and went out for a walk.

Turns out my timing was impeccable. A boat had just caught fire in port Sidney marina! People rushed out from everywhere to take pictures, the firemen were running down the docks. Cops barricaded off the main road. It was quite a show!

My guess is someone left a little electric heater running (which aren't meant to run 24/7) while the owners were away, and it probably shorted and started the whole mess.

Attachments

• E9092293-4CCF-4EB5-A9F7-66CB42F0DFE6.jpg
    E9092293-4CCF-4EB5-A9F7-66CB42F0DFE6.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 20
Geez eh, yeah space heaters are an issue I like the major brands sometimes the extra 20 bucks pays for better safety features. Another thing I see is cheap undersized extension cords, they are a smaller gauge of wire so they get warm, compound that by coiling up the extra wire then hide it under a rug. If you tape the coil to keep it neat it melts there first. Electric safety tip of the day! Block Heater cords are good for that, short but heavy wire.

Hey what days do they play Mary's farm again?

Winter schedule marys is only open on Saturdays from 1-5pm.

Summertime schedule is Thursdays 5pm-9pm, and Saturdays too. Sometimes there are random glow rounds in the evenings that get organized.

$5 to play as much as you want. Sometimes there are tourneys too.

you B.C. boys need to stop whining about the weather

we here in Alberta would appreciate it

It's virtually unsafe to play here right now with the wind chill.

I'm pretty hard core but I haven't played in 2 weeks.

you B.C. boys need to stop whining about the weather

we here in Alberta would appreciate it

It's virtually unsafe to play here right now with the wind chill.

I'm pretty hard core but I haven't played in 2 weeks.
How cold is it? You still in Calgary?

Yeah well I spent 4 hrs shovelling my long ass driveway today and I'm 2/3 done now it's snowing like crazy haha. My back hurts and I'm down to my last beer, I'm entitled to whine haha.

Played the battle of the Envys yesterday, soft 165 electron vs old sunbleached 174 Neutron.. Just 7 holes on my place so I could grab the gas can from the bottom. It looked good Neutron was up a stroke going into hole 4 making some good putts. That's when Electron caught a better tunnel run at 200' and Neutron hit a tree at 100' hard taking a fatal plate cracking. Heading into hole 5 it was tied on a hard FH uphill Neutron hit a tree at 100 turning too soon. Electron took a 3 making an extra 60' on the drive...

Knowing its days were numbered Neutron make a good drive on 6 but Electron kept up with 100' putt. Still leading by a stroke and heading down the big open hill the dog got too curious.. Electron was first out of the gate turning too much and breaking off anhyzer.. That's when the dog broke off and Neutron turned into puppy bait... good thing I don't need a heavy Envy... :)

how cold is it?

it warmed up to -23 (-25 with windchill)

I'm tempted to play again (cause it was -29 and -37 with windchill)

how cold is it?

it warmed up to -23 (-25 with windchill)

I'm tempted to play again (cause it was -29 and -37 with windchill)

Haha you win! -2 and -6 with wind chill today. Anything below -25 is unpleasant, when I was out there one year it was -40 and I walked to the A&B sound downtown it was 3 blocks and I had to stop in a pub halfway to warm up. I don't miss that at all!

When it warms up to -12 the joggers come out in shorts!

Any type of plastic you prefer for durability in temperatures like that?

Last edited:
I remember A&B

that pub you stopped at something Rose? On 4th Street right

I throw all versions of plastic during the winter. We don't have all that many trees on our courses so durability isn't really all that much of an issue

My biggest concerns are grip and feel

Champ / Lucid stuff gets really stiff but seems grippier (for me) than a Star / Gold Line plastic which (to me) seems to be a bit slick in feel

Well hasn't been much action Briana Ainsley is on tour she just played Vegas good luck to her.. Go Westcoast!!

Disc was up at my place today, I played with Graham team stacked even with my one stroke penalty, easy first and a CTP, there was 4 today let guys who got CTP pick one outta my junk box o discs as an extra prize. Just missed my usual ace on 8 by a hair.. 3' wide tunnel at 140' they groan if I nail it.. Taken lots of money there.. Usually with a Comet but I over threw the Spin by 40'.

10yr anniversary with my honey Janey and my now 16 year old insta daughter good times, celebrated with burgers and a ton of deep fried food from the Stand at the ferry terminal.. New owners but probably also for 8 years been frequentling it for 30+ years

Last edited:
Duck Golf is coming to Pender April 4... I'm signed up for pro masters.. It should be a real good time..

I'm looking forward to playing the wide open ball golf course even though it's going to be a tough haul, looks like a good group though all good guys. Still 40 spots open.

Anyone coming to Pender so I can kick your ass??! Or vice versa...

Latest posts