• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Can't decide between these 3 discs

collincarter_

I have been putting and driving with kc aviars and new 12xs are flippy and I cannot drive with them. I know this is commonly discussed but I've been field testing a Wizard, medium Ion, and 300s Pa1 and cannot decide which one I like better. I will be test putting with each of them tomorrow and would really like one I can putt and drive with. If you have any insight,list of benefits or advice or anything please comment. The only thing I'm worried about with the wizard is the inconsistency in feel between the medium S SS and all of that.

you shouldnt be flipping them... i have a noodle arm but i fling my kcp aviars almost 275 little hyzer line little fade at the end

a kc aviar shouldn't be flipping if it is new..

Sorry, I ment to say that my slightly beat ones are flipping( a month or less of use). The new ones do not get as much glide or distance as the 3 listed above and I can't throw them as accurately

User error, There is barely any variance in Kc Pro Aviars, the only difference between new ones and old ones is the plastic feel (And it's very slight)

I have been putting and driving with kc aviars and new 12xs are flippy and I cannot drive with them. I know this is commonly discussed but I've been field testing a Wizard, medium Ion, and 300s Pa1 and cannot decide which one I like better. I will be test putting with each of them tomorrow and would really like one I can putt and drive with. If you have any insight,list of benefits or advice or anything please comment. The only thing I'm worried about with the wizard is the inconsistency in feel between the medium S SS and all of that.

I bag a couple $$$ Wizards and a Medium Proton Ion and have yet to throw any prodigy plastic.

I think inside the circle there's not a ton of variation in how putters perform for the most part IMO. I would just keep practicing with them all and just putt with whatever gives you the most confidence.

I don't think you can go wrong with either a wizard or ion in terms of driving. That said, I do prefer my Ion over the Wizard for driving because I feel like the rim is a easier to grip. If you plan on using the same disc for driving and putting, I'd say go with an Ion as they won't beat in as quickly as a Wizard.

For reference.. I drive putters 250-300

ask kg801 or whatever his name is. i sent him a 6/10 kcp aviar not too long ago. i wasnt even turning that thing. flipped some if i really ripped on it. but it was no where close to a turnover disc

Give soft Wizards a try if KC Pro Aviars aren't clicking for you. If you want a bunch of the same feeling ones, give the Gateway factory a call and describe the exact feel you want, and they can handpick and send you multiples for less than $10 a pop shippped.

If you dont like KC Aviars, its doubtful you will click with Wizards or Ions. So on that alone, by default you will probably like the PA1 better. But the PA1 is noticeably more overstable than anynof the others. PA2 would be more in the same veun.

the feel of a kc and wizard is pretty different in my opinion.. wizards make great driving putters too
so u could definatly get those to work

If your looking for somthing just drive with go ion. If you looking for somthing to drive and putt with go wizard.

I did the same thing when I started off. I eventually learned that KC's are OS goodness that season into one of the best putters on the market. A brand new KC within 20 for me are really consistent. You gain distance as the discs wears much like you would a ROC. Keep throwing the KC's as they are gold when worn and great wind driving putters when new. The real question you need to ask yourself is if you like how deep the disc well is. Wizards are shallow compared to KC's. My suggestion is to get a Wizard and compare what feels better in your hand. Do you have small hands?

I don't know a ton about kc putters but I do use ions and pa1s. I use ions for driving. And it's by far my favorite disc. And pa1s for putting and LOVE them! 300 series is tacky and the feel is great. So I say get a medium ion for off the tee and a pa1s for putting. Because you don't want to drive with what you putt with anyways. Whack a tree and all the sudden it's all over the place!

I'd go wizard for grip alone. Throwing ions that are wet or with sweaty hands is like trying to hold on to a bar of soap.

Stick with the Aviar. As the first couple posters said, it is you, not the disc. You won't do yourself any favors by trying a bunch of new discs. I'd recommend playing some rounds with only your Aviar until you can get it to fly closer to how you'd like it to.

Latest posts