• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Catalyst

I'm still bagging my Inertia and Tesla alongside the 23's Like Big Sky said they each have a place. ie: The Nitro is going farther than my Tesla and with lots more fade. Inertia is my turnover disc and I can't get the Catalyst to turn yet

Right, gotta figure there's more overlap between the 20mm's and 21.5mm's. Besides, I like the look of the new wings/rims on the 23mm's vs MVP just widening existing wing designs in the past as they went up in speed.

Thanks again to both of you for the info. :)

I know I probably don't have the arm for this disc but everyone is making it sound so appealing. I usually max out around 325-340 with my photon/wave combo.

When I first picked up a photon something just clicked and I instantly got 30' more from my drives with that disc than any other. Got a wave and it was right there with it. I'm just so eager to keep looking for other discs that just click like that. Maybe the extra glide gives me a bit more raw distance.

Anyone think that to be true for a ~325' rhbh thrower like myself?

Just threw the catalyst for the first time today. Feels like a faster wave to me. Not as workable however. Not sure I ever really got ahold of it today, but can see it adding 40 to 50 feet on a wave when I do.

I know I probably don't have the arm for this disc but everyone is making it sound so appealing. I usually max out around 325-340 with my photon/wave combo.

When I first picked up a photon something just clicked and I instantly got 30' more from my drives with that disc than any other. Got a wave and it was right there with it. I'm just so eager to keep looking for other discs that just click like that. Maybe the extra glide gives me a bit more raw distance.

Anyone think that to be true for a ~325' rhbh thrower like myself?

Eh hard to say. I can hyzer flip the catalyst around 425' and it is not super US just has the workable max d kind of turn vs nitro or octane which needs seasoning.

I think a vanish might give you the easier distance but wont like torque being US. The catalyst added speed will help fight any form flaws for more distance tho. Nothing wrong with that if it works and you have fun'

Innova makes like 4 of these kind of molds whichs are even more US so that says something about easy D.

Anybody have any idea if/when they will have the Catalyst in a 150 class?

Anybody have any idea if/when they will have the Catalyst in a 150 class?

with plasma or fission it might be possible but sounds like with current gyro if they want the molds to fly true you can only get 165-175g w/23mm class. I assume they tested the 150s and it didn't work as planned or cannot be done without lighter core.

I picked up a 166 Proton Catalyst yesterday.

On the third throw, a medium high flex at about 85%, it went 460. The farthest I've thrown any disc.
It faded back a little at the end but not as hard as my Destroyers or Octane. This disc glides.

When thrown on a straighter line it turns, rides, then still fades a little at the end.

It's made the bag!

The Octane, Nitro, and now, Catalyst have pushed my Xcalibers, and Photons totally out of the bag. I needed more separation from the longer fairways I carry and these do that.

I bought both a nitro and a catalyst and I cannot seem to throw either of them to save my life. They have such an odd feel compared to other discs i have thrown. They are really bubbly/domey and the plastic feels quite hard...hoping they come around

Have you tried the slower distance drivers with flatter tops? These are fast and not for everyone. Should be easy to trade for some different discs.

1476802864286.jpg

Nitro on left.. Photon on right.

The 23mm's have a nice heart beat. Not super pop top (few out there) but mild dome.

Love em all but for me Octane>Catalyst especially if your throwing 400' and over

Just got and threw a 168g Proton Catalyst (mild dome) yesterday. I was surprised how understable it is compared to the super beefy Proton Octane (heartbeat dome) I got last week. There's a huge gap in stability between the 2. Maybe I should try a Neutron Octane?

Love em all but for me Octane>Catalyst especially if your throwing 400' and over

I max out at about 430' at a field, but am usually 380-400' actual course distance. So, you're saying the Catalyst might be too understable at those distances? I usually go with a slightly understable driver for turnovers and varying degrees of overstable for everything else...usually 2-3 molds in the "OS" role. That's why I was thinking Catalyst/Nitro to start with.

Just got and threw a 168g Proton Catalyst (mild dome) yesterday. I was surprised how understable it is compared to the super beefy Proton Octane (heartbeat dome) I got last week. There's a huge gap in stability between the 2. Maybe I should try a Neutron Octane?

Yep, the N Octane will help bridge that gap a bit.

I max out at about 430' at a field, but am usually 380-400' actual course distance. So, you're saying the Catalyst might be too understable at those distances? I usually go with a slightly understable driver for turnovers and varying degrees of overstable for everything else...usually 2-3 molds in the "OS" role. That's why I was thinking Catalyst/Nitro to start with.

Max wts on hyzer flip max d lines are not too US. It turns but very throwable at 400'

I even threw these into a very strong left to right wind which exaggerated the turn a lot but i find it to be a nicely seasoned octane. The lighter octanes are not as stable either.

I cant get the nitro out nearly as far as it just starts fading.

Max wts on hyzer flip max d lines are not too US. It turns but very throwable at 400'

I even threw these into a very strong left to right wind which exaggerated the turn a lot but i find it to be a nicely seasoned octane. The lighter octanes are not as stable either.

I cant get the nitro out nearly as far as it just starts fading.

Sounds good, and thanks again for the info, AIM!

...Nitro would be used for where a strong fade is needed, and headwind drives.

Latest posts