• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Say whatever the hell you want. It's your product.

Fwiw, I've never watched one of your videos and heard anything I felt was incorrectly described. Is anny flex redundant? Maybe, but it's very clear what you're describing when you say it so to me it works.

Just keep making videos, please. You're at the top of my list for disc golf content.

:hfive:

I actually say fade out / fades 99% of the time. Pretty sure anyway. Can't remember the last time I said hyzer out, but yeah I agree it's more technically correct.

No worries man! As long as you're nice about it (which you very much are), I have no problem with feedback.

That was my thinking too. I believe he (youtube comentor) said it was redundant, and made me look stupid when I said anny flex. I thought I was adding more description, but apparently I'm an idiot. :p

I guess I'll try to start saying just flex. FWIW I've heard pros call it anny flex, but maybe they just watch my videos and I'm in a feedback cycle.

Anyone notice I've been saying drop in, and not tap in? Trying to make it more disc, and less golf. Not every time, but I'm trying.

In non terminology news I filmed the Rocky Mountain Disc Golf Championships this weekend. I finally got to film Christian Dietrich. Wholly ****, that dude can play! If he toured I have no doubt he'd consistently finish top 5. He won BSF in 2010, and 5 years later can still bomb. McBethesque putting too.

Those 2 courses are absolutely amazing too. Think Milo with more elevation and tighter fairways. At elevation too. Word on the street is they're gonna add in two more courses on the property. It's out there but worth the trip. Great people too.

I'm working on a little highlight vid which should be up tomorrow. It should showcase both of the courses and a ton of new faces.

After that it's back to editing Worlds Round 6 part 2. Then I'm off to SF this weekend to film the Safari. Thinking we'll do another podcast next week.

Wait - you do a podcast?

This level of nitpicking... You are calling Ian for sportscasting foot faults :p

lol, it's all good.

Say whatever the hell you want. It's your product.

Fwiw, I've never watched one of your videos and heard anything I felt was incorrectly described. Is anny flex redundant? Maybe, but it's very clear what you're describing when you say it so to me it works.

Just keep making videos, please. You're at the top of my list for disc golf content.

Will do, and thanks so much!

true story.

jk. love your videos and commentary.

lol thanks!

Wait - you do a podcast?

Yup! Just had our first one the week after Worlds, Had Paul on too! :hfive:

https://soundcloud.com/dgweekly/rdiscgolf-podcast-episode-1

Thanks for listening...I won't be offended if nothing changes. You do a great job.

No worries! Thanks for being gentle :)

Thanks!

heck yeah Ian ! ^ thx for filming bohart !
we sure like it here...

^ What Joe said, thanks Ian!

Seriously my pleasure! I've never felt more welcome at a tourney. :)

If you go next year I'll see ya there!

Excited to get the round coverage out! I talked to Chrisitan and he's down to do commentary with me :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

haha it's all good :)

Filmed the SF Safari this weekend. Last 2 days dual cam + last day FPO (single).

Drew Gibson dropped this bomb

Holy cow, 630 feet? That was like a 600 foot drive...Doesn't look very downhill either. Sick!

What was that? A beat up Destroyer or something less stable?

First I want to say thank you for filming and posting your videos. A lot of people don't realize how much time the editing process takes.

I'm sure you've probably answered this before, but I'm always interested in the process and equipment used (both hardware and software). I work in educational technology with students creating video projects. If you find time, could you list out what you use and how long it usually takes to edit a video? I work with K-8 students, so we're only doing small stuff, but any tips/tricks/information are appreciated!

Drew better be careful. Kim Jong-un would do anything to drop bombs that far.

First I want to say thank you for filming and posting your videos. A lot of people don't realize how much time the editing process takes.

I'm sure you've probably answered this before, but I'm always interested in the process and equipment used (both hardware and software). I work in educational technology with students creating video projects. If you find time, could you list out what you use and how long it usually takes to edit a video? I work with K-8 students, so we're only doing small stuff, but any tips/tricks/information are appreciated!

So let's see. I shoot with Panasonic camcorders (have 4). I like them over DSLRs for ease of use and their ability to autofocus while zooming quickly. The auto light adjustment is nice too when the disc goes from light to dark or dark to light. I keep lusting over new cams (Canon XA20), but can't justify the incremental gain vs the cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-X900MK-Camcorder-Internal-HC-X900M/dp/B0072B5E2Y

I have 1 external shotgun mic I'll use on the cam behind the teepad (want more, but $)

http://www.amazon.com/Rode-VMPR-VideoMic-Rycote-Shockmount/dp/B00YAZHRZM/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I used to use a monopod for support but I've switched over to a shoulder mount. It's MUCH easier to get smooth pans and tilts compared to using a monopod. Bonus that it's easier to carry around in the woods. I don't use the included strap, or the very top part.

http://www.amazon.com/Neewer®-Hand-Free-Shoulder-Stabilizer-Camcorder/dp/B0095DBBPQ

To edit I use Adobe Premiere (cloud subscription). I also mess around in After Effects, but I suck at that. I probably suck at Premiere too, but I'm fast at what I know how to do.

Editing a video I'd guess around 10 hours, another hour for commentary, another hour to slap it together. It's probably more though. That's 10 hours of total focus for a 9 hole video. When we do next day videos I like to have as much of the pre-work done as possible (hole graphics, maps, etc.) done before hand (5 or so hours). If I do I can usually get 9-12 holes edited in 3-4 hours. Add another hour if there's 2nd cam footage to drop in. I remember doing 24 holes at Masters Cup one year and being done in like 4-5 hours, but that was super focused, fast work.

I edit on my laptop. More RAM the better (14gb), graphics card is a plus, and a fast processor.

I can't think of any tricks per se, other than using shortcut keys on the keyboard as much as possible, and getting tons of practice.

If you have any other specific questions, just ask! :hfive:

All the best,

Ian

back to the editing grind (worlds round 6 part 2).

Thanks for the notes on your gear, Ian. I was wondering what you were shooting with etc. Nicely done and tasty as always, keep up the great work.

Joe

Latest posts