• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

:) haha yeah, that's the feeling I've gotten from most of them. Paul is definitely not going either. I did talk to him about his crazy schedule next year. His plan is to play pretty much everything he did this year plus the new tourneys. Only missing KCWO as far as big tourneys go.

Yeah it looks like they are going to learn a hard lesson -- they could take some pointers from the way Nate does Ledgestone.

Hey could you ask Paul if he's ever considered using a laser rangefinder in a tourney? I know he is great at eyeballing distances, but has he ever tried one? Does anyone use one?

Thanks again.

Yeah it looks like they are going to learn a hard lesson -- they could take some pointers from the way Nate does Ledgestone.

Hey could you ask Paul if he's ever considered using a laser rangefinder in a tourney? I know he is great at eyeballing distances, but has he ever tried one? Does anyone use one?

Thanks again.

Using a rangefinder is against the rules.

Using a rangefinder is against the rules.

Since GPS devices are no longer "disallowed" (from 2013 rules changes), does that means GPS rangefinders are ok but laser rangefinders (with &/or without slope) are not?

Thanks again.

I don't really see the point. Its not knowing the range of the shot that's the hard part, its throwing the shkt correctly. Disc golf shots are pretty easy to range by feel and look.

Rangefinders are legal and do have some use if you don't know the course well. They would be especially effective with holes that give you a depth perception problem. I have a problem with holes that are located behind hills. Knowing the distance would help quite a bit.

Great to see Michael Moulton in the last video. Eagle gets a lot of talk, but CA boys don't get much street cred. My money's on Michael Moulton in the future of disc golf. And wait until his younger brother hits the scene. David Moulton is about 13 y.o. now and had 3 tournament aces in the last year. I know, because I paid him his $1 each time (NorCal ace rule). Those brothers are going to be tearing it up on tour in a few years. Thanks, Central Coast, for your entertaining videos.

Could you point me to the wording in the rules that indicates they are not allowed? I have not found anything to indicate that.

The intial reason that they weren't allowed was that the PDGA felt that only a subset of players could afford them, giving those players a tactical advantage. With the introduction of GPS on phones, and their widespread use, it doesn't surprise me that the rule was changed. Honestly, I don't think it should have been. The image of some Pro sitting on the course, measuring the distance with a range finder, and then chosing a disc seems counter to the spirit or image of the sport IMO. Also, a good caddie book should give approximate distances anyway.

Thanks again.

Can do! I've never seen anyone use one.

Great to see Michael Moulton in the last video. Eagle gets a lot of talk, but CA boys don't get much street cred. My money's on Michael Moulton in the future of disc golf. And wait until his younger brother hits the scene. David Moulton is about 13 y.o. now and had 3 tournament aces in the last year. I know, because I paid him his $1 each time (NorCal ace rule). Those brothers are going to be tearing it up on tour in a few years. Thanks, Central Coast, for your entertaining videos.

Kid throws bombs, and makes some crazy putts! It'll be fun to see him and his brother progress!

You bet, thanks for watching!

Ian- That's Mark Horn PDGA#67 providing commentary!

I thought that was his voice!

This probably isn't the best spot for this question, but you guys might know.....I'm sure this is a tech issue on my end with my computer.

When I watch some videos in 1080 the screen starts to flash and the video bounces around in screen in youtube (not my monitor). If I switch it to 720 it works fine. It is prob 20% of the videos where this is an issue.

Computer is i3, Win 10, 6gb ram

This probably isn't the best spot for this question, but you guys might know.....I'm sure this is a tech issue on my end with my computer.

When I watch some videos in 1080 the screen starts to flash and the video bounces around in screen in youtube (not my monitor). If I switch it to 720 it works fine. It is prob 20% of the videos where this is an issue.

Definitely seems like something with your machine. Do you have a dedicated graphics card? If so, make sure to update to the latest drivers.

Also... newer intel chips have QuickSync which might be messing with H.264 playback. Do some googling and you should be able to find out if you have this enabled and if you can update anything related to it.

Hope you can figure out what's up with the 1080. I know some people have problems with drivers, or settings on 1080/60p. Anon gave solid advice.

Here's an update about upcoming stuff/what I'm filming this weekend:

Excited to film the Southwestern Team Challenge this weekend! Sick lineup of #1's I'll be filming. McBeth, Philo, Feldberg, Rico, Dorius, Perdue, Bitney, Bell. Should be a blast!

In other news SoCal Championships Round 3 should be out Friday. Best player in the world joining me again for commentary!

In other, other news. I just need to add scores and commentary and then RMDGC Final 9 will be out. Hoping early next week on that one.

SF Safari after that, and they just need scores so they'll come out quick. Thanks to Cory on those edits!

I've found that downloading a 1080p/60fps video and playing it through VLC works, whereas trying to play the same video through youtube's player doesn't.