• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

What did you say Ian about everytime you film Paul he gets an eagle?

Now hes acing on video!!

Central Coast team Challenge part 1 is up. Parts 2 and 3 are ready to go, just need to render versions w/ commentary.

I'm doing commentary tonight with Paul on the SW Team Challenge (lety/right battle with Rico). Philo and Lewis Bitney are in that one too.

RMDGC Final 9 is ready, just needs commentary. Early next week I'm guessing for that one.

After that it's SF Safari time.

Doing a Podcast Wednesday. Trying to wrangle a cool guest :)

Here's a sneak peek at the SW Team Challenge round

LT Dump

Depending on what it is doing, you could pull out the HDD and plug it into an external adapter and pull the files off. If the HDD is dead... you are SOL.

Depending on what it is doing, you could pull out the HDD and plug it into an external adapter and pull the files off. If the HDD is dead... you are SOL.

My current plan is to install windows on the other HD in the laptop, and then try to get the files off the main HD. After that re-install windows on the main HD. Sound like a decent plan?

Sounds like a plan, love your videos, don't want to see any of your work go to waste :(

Could also try to just boot from a CD or flash drive in windows or linux and copy the files. You might not have to completely re-install, sometimes you can get away with just scanning the drive for errors and the windows CD will fix the current install if only some parts of the main HD went bad.

Sounds like a plan, love your videos, don't want to see any of your work go to waste :(

Could also try to just boot from a CD or flash drive in windows or linux and copy the files. You might not have to completely re-install, sometimes you can get away with just scanning the drive for errors and the windows CD will fix the current install if only some parts of the main HD went bad.

Thanks man! I'll give that a shot tonight!

Fortunately all the footage is backed up, I'd just lose some editing work, and 3 commentary files, which I wouldn't care too much about, but one of them is with Paul.

In the good news department we recorded a podcast last night. We had Will and and he was amazing. Great guest, and just a super nice guy. That should be out by the end of the week hopefully.

My current plan is to install windows on the other HD in the laptop, and then try to get the files off the main HD. After that re-install windows on the main HD. Sound like a decent plan?

If you do that, be sure to change the boot sequence in the BIOS so the new win drive boots ahead of the drive with problems. Then you may want to run a virus scan on the old drive before you do anything else.

What are the specific symptoms of the problem? Viruses can be nasty, hopefully it's not that.

Not completely true...

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

Does a pretty good job outside of complete and utter mechanical failure.

o nice! Good last resort!

If you do that, be sure to change the boot sequence in the BIOS so the new win drive boots ahead of the drive with problems. Then you may want to run a virus scan on the old drive before you do anything else.

What are the specific symptoms of the problem? Viruses can be nasty, hopefully it's not that.

It boots, tries to repair, then immediately wants to restart, but hangs on the blue restart screen. I got it to try to boot up in safe mode, but it failed there, and gave me an unmountable boot drive error.

I doubt it's a virus, but it can't hurt to check. Good tip on the BIOS setting thanks!

o nice! Good last resort!

It boots, tries to repair, then immediately wants to restart, but hangs on the blue restart screen. I got it to try to boot up in safe mode, but it failed there, and gave me an unmountable boot drive error.

I doubt it's a virus, but it can't hurt to check. Good tip on the BIOS setting thanks!

You may just have a corrupted boot sector, or a hardware problem, or a virus lol. I think you're on the right, good luck.

Hang in there, Ian. Good to know you're not losing too much even if the drive never rises from the dead.

No love. I tried to install Windows on the other drive, but it failed. Getting pretty ****in frustrated. I have a mSata to USB coming on Monday. I'll see if i can get what data I need off it, and then I'm sending it in to get warranty repaired. Sigh...

Assuming I can get the data off, I have 4 videos ready to go, and can finish the edits on my old laptop or iMac. If not I'll have to re-record some commentaries.

Latest posts