• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Thanks for putting up the Dave Dunipace AMA Ian, glad they finally got back with you on it. Down to 29 mins though, they must have requested quite a bit of editing. Still some great insight into the company and Dave D. himself. His comments about how plastic batches vary was really insightful.

You bet! That's just part 1 too! Part 2 coming soon.

Ian, any feelers out there for seeing FPO rounds and especially female guest commentators on CCDG?

Hmm, we'll I have an fpo round from Worlds, and SF Safari, but no time to edit them. Down to have one of the players join me for commentary though.

If anyone is in a hurry to see these I'll take any editing help I can get.

What up gang!
The CCDG crew had an awesome time filming the Wintertime Open this weekend. Exhausting, but fun!
First round we filmed 3 cards single cam. Paul's card (also had Eric Oakley on it), Kyle Eckmann and Simon's card, and Rico, Philo, and Eagle's card.

2nd round we filmed lead card (Paul, Simon, Rico, Eagle, and this dude Michael Knowles (from San Juan islands, "super nice guy") 2 cams on that card. Derek filmed the chase card which had Michael Moulton, and Philo among others.
3rd round we did 3 cams on the lead card, which would have been Paul, Eagle, Philo, Rico, and Simon, but Eagle smashed his hand in a Prius trunk lid, so it was just he 4.

Final 9 we had 3 cams, plus the drone on holes where it made sense.

In addition to the drone footage of the throws during the final 9, we have drone fly throughs of all the holes which we'll use to preview each hole during the round coverage (instead of pics).

Derek and I filmed the Rico AMA as well. It was around 20 minutes, and we had a great time. Steve was awesome per the usual. Didn't shy away form any questions, and I think we got through almost all of them. If Derek has time he's gonna try to get that out this week. Dave Dunipace AMA part 2 will also come out at some point.

When can you watch stuff? And why no next day video?

So the hotel we stayed in had the worlds worst internet. I edited the footage, and Derek did the titles for round 2 lead card part 1, but I could not get the drone footage downloaded. I have it now, but still need to slap it into the edit, and I was beat last night.

I should be able to get it added tonight, do commentary tomorrow, then post the vid up Wednesday. Sorry for the delay, it's just the way the cookie crumbled.

Part 2 should follow the next week I'm guessing, later this week is a maybe. Then round 3, then I'll do the final 9, which will have delicious drone footage.

In the meantime though, Alex has been crushing out ORDGC vids. We're gonna do commentary on 3 tonight, so those should be dropping the days WTO footage isn't.

In other CCDG news Ben filmed the Otter Open which had Nikko and some other big names. He's editing that. Coyote Classic is pretty much ready, SW Team Challenge has had a bunch of progress made, and same with some BSF vids.

I think that's it, any questions, fire away!

Thanks!

Ian and the CCDG crew.

Awesome, can't wait for new footage, you guys have the best vids in the biz, IMO.

Looking forward to seeing Eagle play, damned Prius!!!

Ian, I for one do not care about the length of a video but I know I've heard grumblings from people that do. How much time is the drone footage adding to overall video time? I imagine a fly by is taking a lot longer than a picture of the hole. And is there still going to be an overlap of hole distance during the fly by? Thanks for all the work Ian, let's watch some disc golf!

I agree, Ian. You guys have certainly taken DG video to the next level. Great commentary and coverage. I'm looking forward to the drone view.

Ian, I for one do not care about the length of a video but I know I've heard grumblings from people that do. How much time is the drone footage adding to overall video time? I imagine a fly by is taking a lot longer than a picture of the hole. And is there still going to be an overlap of hole distance during the fly by? Thanks for all the work Ian, let's watch some disc golf!

Hoping for a close to 0 time delta with the drone footage. I'm impatient as hell, so I sped it up 500%. It takes about as long as I have the picture of the hole up on the screen now.

Yes there will be hole distance/par the entire time (that's not score screen). :)

I agree, Ian. You guys have certainly taken DG video to the next level. Great commentary and coverage. I'm looking forward to the drone view.

Thanks man! Really appreciate that :)

Best commentary around, bar none.

Thanks!

Reminds me of the Sklar brothers... In the best way possible.

haha, random bu I'll take it :thmbup:

What up gang!
The CCDG crew had an awesome time filming the Wintertime Open this weekend. Exhausting, but fun!
First round we filmed 3 cards single cam. Paul's card (also had Eric Oakley on it), Kyle Eckmann and Simon's card, and Rico, Philo, and Eagle's card.

2nd round we filmed lead card (Paul, Simon, Rico, Eagle, and this dude Michael Knowles (from San Juan islands, "super nice guy") 2 cams on that card. Derek filmed the chase card which had Michael Moulton, and Philo among others.
3rd round we did 3 cams on the lead card, which would have been Paul, Eagle, Philo, Rico, and Simon, but Eagle smashed his hand in a Prius trunk lid, so it was just he 4.

In addition to the drone footage of the throws during the final 9, we have drone fly throughs of all the holes which we'll use to preview each hole during the round coverage (instead of pics).

Derek and I filmed the Rico AMA as well. It was around 20 minutes, and we had a great time. Steve was awesome per the usual. Didn't shy away form any questions, and I think we got through almost all of them. If Derek has time he's gonna try to get that out this week. Dave Dunipace AMA part 2 will also come out at some point.

So the hotel we stayed in had the worlds worst internet. I edited the footage, and Derek did the titles for round 2 lead card part 1, but I could not get the drone footage downloaded. I have it now, but still need to slap it into the edit, and I was beat last night.

I should be able to get it added tonight, do commentary tomorrow, then post the vid up Wednesday. Sorry for the delay, it's just the way the cookie crumbled.

Part 2 should follow the next week I'm guessing, later this week is a maybe. Then round 3, then I'll do the final 9, which will have delicious drone footage.

In the meantime though, Alex has been crushing out ORDGC vids. We're gonna do commentary on 3 tonight, so those should be dropping the days WTO footage isn't.

In other CCDG news Ben filmed the Otter Open which had Nikko and some other big names. He's editing that. Coyote Classic is pretty much ready, SW Team Challenge has had a bunch of progress made, and same with some BSF vids.

Thanks!

Ian and the CCDG crew.

Dammit Ian, anybody ever told you you're the worst type of tease :p ?

What up gang!

Thanks!

Ian and the CCDG crew.

I never want an apology from someone doing something for me for free!

Ian, any feelers out there for seeing FPO rounds and especially female guest commentators on CCDG?

I went into ORDGC with the intention of filming Zoe's card for the first round, then meeting up with MPO for the subsequent rounds once a lead card was established. Unfortunately, there were only two FPO and two FA1 in attendance, and they shared a card--Trojan's real tough for even our 1000-rated players, I didn't feel like it was fair to add the pressure of a camera onto some FA1s. Some FPO footage is still on my list of wants, though.

I can understand the lack of FPO coverage. There is just so much footage to go through and, at a certain point, you have to think about the 'views-to-time-spent' ratio.

Dammit Ian, anybody ever told you you're the worst type of tease :p ?

lol all the time!

When I first started watching CCDG vids, I thought it was the Sklar Brothers briefly. haha:D

ok, the truth is I'm actually the third Sklar bro, keep it on the DL.

I never want an apology from someone doing something for me for free!

:thmbup:

Editing update:

Alex was done with ORDGC, so we went ahead and did 3 commentaries last night. Round 3 part 1 should be up soon.

I was able to add the drone hole preview footage to the edit of round 2 part 1. Up next is adding in the 2nd cam, and titles. A day after that commentary. Looking like a Thursday release best case. Hard to prioritize stuff, but I'm trying to maximize the amount of stuff to watch. There's a chance we'll have some sweet graphics from Juan/Overstable Studios. Not for certain though.

What up gang!

Thanks!

Ian and the CCDG crew.

Can't wait! Thanks for doing all you do.

Latest posts