• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Regarding the "2015" ;) Wintertime Open feat. Sexybeast commentary, now I'm even more eager for Eaglotte (Lizagle?) commentary, hope they throw back some digs after Sexybeast made fun of Simon's running :D .

Another reason I'm waiting for Simon/Eagle commentary is to see if what I felt like too little airtime is an issue. Compared to like the Champ vs Chumps, which had multiple commentators and where it didn't seem like an issue, maybe it was the fact that Sexton wasn't playing on the card (or even in the tourney if I understood correctly), so his experience was more second-hand, as opposed to Paul playing on the card and course, having first-hand exp. People with first-hand experience naturally seem to have more output/to say about the round.

It clearly says 2016 everywhere, no idea what you're talking about with that whole 2015 business. O yeah and I definitely did NOT dub over anything in the video :doh:

You're gonna have to take my word for it, but the Eagle Simon commentary was AMAZING! I'm gonna try super hard to have them on for part 2.

The champ vs chumps was a little different as one 3/4s of the throws were for one team, so I didn't have to do as much "who's up next commentary". And it was silly as all hell.

Gonna try to get part 2 edited this weekend, for a next week release.

Ben has been smashing through the Otter Open footage so that should come out next week too.

I need to help the Coyote Classic editor with some settings, but otherwise those 6 videos are ready to go too.

Cory made solid work on SW team challenge, but had to take a break to work with Spin on the DGWT.

Speaking of DGWT We'll be filming Paul Thursday, chase Friday and Saturday (maybe 3rd card too)

Our production for that is going to blow your minds. Think NFL quality graphics. Drone footage too.

Someone is working on some McBeth/McBride BSF footage from last year. Milo was just drone filmed yesterday (huge thank you to KGroff!) so we'll get that footage included in those.

Alex is working on Farragut Open.

Lots of vids coming is what I'm working at :p

I'm pretty sure we set a CCDG record for February in terms of number of vids. Almost one a weekday.

Ian and CO, y'all are the best. I don't know how I'd get thru this pre NT season dead time without you guys. Keep up the killer work!

CCDG quality film with Spin's graphics package? That'd be sick. Or if it's yall's own graphics from the guys who did your opening sequence, it'll be even sicker.

CCDG quality film with Spin's graphics package? That'd be sick. Or if it's yall's own graphics from the guys who did your opening sequence, it'll be even sicker.

It's definitely Juan at Overstable doing the lifting on our DGWT graphics. He's been planning/working on it for awhile, as I understand it.

It's definitely Juan at Overstable doing the lifting on our DGWT graphics. He's been planning/working on it for awhile, as I understand it.

Sweet; I saw Ian mention Spin so I wasn't totally sure if y'all were working with them with something like the USDGC last fall or something. I'm actually a little more glad it's yall doing mostly your own thing rather than working with them; I love the vision you guys bring and I'm stoked that yall get to let that run wild. And LaMi is a pretty sweet course to film on too from the looks of it!

Ian and CO, y'all are the best. I don't know how I'd get thru this pre NT season dead time without you guys. Keep up the killer work!

Thanks! The team is so amazing. I'm in awe of how everyone pitches in to make all these vids. The Patreon support truly makes this possible. No way I would travel to all these tourneys without the support.

Like Alex said above it's Juan. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. He's going to do all the graphics. I'll tease one thing. So our scoreboard graphics will have a picture of each person, but instead of a picture, it'll be a video clip (think like they do during NFL broadcasts).

Alex (01guin), here's your chance for a rebuttal on Ian's take of the skills between him, you and Derek:

DamtheMan: "Ian, in terms of disc golf skill, how would you rate the Big Three (yourself, Derek and Alex, ye Chumps that lost to McBeth ) from best to worst in:

1) consistency

2) potential for a blazing hot round"

Ian: "haha I missed this one. I usually beat both of them, but I would say Derek can have some great rounds when his putting is on. Alex's silly putt is tough to make long ones with, but he never misses the come backer. "

Is Ian on the money or painting a rosier picture of his skills :D ?

Someone is working on some McBeth/McBride BSF footage from last year. Milo was just drone filmed yesterday (huge thank you to KGroff!) so we'll get that footage included in those.

Awesome! I'm glad that will come out sooner than July! My Internet fame is ahead of schedule.

Alex (01guin), here's your chance for a rebuttal on Ian's take of the skills between him, you and Derek:

DamtheMan: "Ian, in terms of disc golf skill, how would you rate the Big Three (yourself, Derek and Alex, ye Chumps that lost to McBeth ) from best to worst in:

1) consistency

2) potential for a blazing hot round"

Ian: "haha I missed this one. I usually beat both of them, but I would say Derek can have some great rounds when his putting is on. Alex's silly putt is tough to make long ones with, but he never misses the come backer. "

Is Ian on the money or painting a rosier picture of his skills :D ?

No, I agree with him. I've changed my grip, x-step, and putting since the video in ways that I think will prove better long term, but it's shaken my consistency in the short term. I'm flipping discs I used to rely on, shanking stuff to the right on occasion, missing high (gasp!) on putts. Ian shot +3 at Milo before BSF IIRC, using only a few discs which fit in his suitcase. I couldn't do that with my full bag.

Heh, Simon problems, turning over a PD2 :gross: . You should ask him if there are plans for a PD3 so that he (and Eagle) could trust a disc not to flip :D ?

Cool new site CCDG! I had to order a hat and a Destroyer just to show some support ;)

BTW: The weights are on the Disc listings when you drill down into one.

Latest posts