• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

> Hey, Ian, is your buddy, Jomez, filming at Texas States this year?

He is, I saw he already released some Round 1 footage.

You need more control with the drone hole flybys. They were good, but could be better. A camera with a better iris than can automatically adjust for bright sun to shade would make things easier to see. The targets in the shade of the trees were hard to make out.
I know you have no fundage, but maybe you could entertain multiple drone options next time. Maybe somebody with a better drone cammy could step up. Maybe you give them some kind of credit somewhere in your vid. Just spitballin here.

Which vid(s) are you talking about? I've had 3 different drone pilots in our vids so far. I'm pretty much at the mercy of what I can get. I thought they were pretty good so far. The Milo footage footage was amazing IMO.

Love the Farragut vids (or vid, since I'm still on Rd 1, Part 1). I love when you guys film a course that's new to me with some new guys to watch. Jared makes for fun commentary and I love to see guys just enjoying the game.

I wanna get up to the Northwest for some disc golf!

Thanks! Jared is the coolest. Love having him on.

Hey, Ian, is your buddy, Jomez, filming at Texas States this year? It should be a great final round tomorrow with a lead card of Bradley Williams, Zackeriath Johnson, Eagle McMahon, and Cam Todd.

Like Alex said, yup they are. I just talked to Jonathan, and we're gonna bust out some commentary Tuesday night on the final round.

Ian, been catching some comments (CCDG and PHP) about fast players and how cameramen need to really hustle to catch all of the shot from certain players. What would be your 4-5 player "Speed Machine" card where just looking at the names, you'd go "man, I'm going to have to run today"? Anti-Philo card as it were :p.

Ian, been catching some comments (CCDG and PHP) about fast players and how cameramen need to really hustle to catch all of the shot from certain players. What would be your 4-5 player "Speed Machine" card where just looking at the names, you'd go "man, I'm going to have to run today"? Anti-Philo card as it were :p.

This is funny:

No doubters: Ricky and MJ. Simon can be quick too, but not jarringly so.

I've never filmed Cam Todd, but that guy putts quick!

Funny enough Philo is either really slow, or really fast. Mostly slow, but that fast will surprise you randomly.

The fastest player I've ever filmed was this dude named Spencer (can't remember his last name). You'll see him in the Coyote Classic vids coming soon.

Which vid(s) are you talking about? I've had 3 different drone pilots in our vids so far. I'm pretty much at the mercy of what I can get. I thought they were pretty good so far. The Milo footage footage was amazing IMO.

I was referring to the Memorial. Need to see the Milo vids.

I'm old and forgetful. Maybe La Mirada ?

That could be it. Half of it was done by my LA area drone guy, and the other half by TerraFirma (the guys that did the livestream). front 9 and back 9 respectively.

Basically i'm at the mercy of what I can get, and not really in a position to turn down drone footage because the the camera wasn't perfect. I'm lucky if I get ANY drone footage.

There are a million things that could be improved in our vids, but most of them involve money, and I'm pretty over losing money to make dg vids.

Hey ! You do an amazing job. Pat yourself on the back. You make the best footage out there.

Thank you.

There are a million things that could be improved in our vids, but most of them involve money, and I'm pretty over losing money to make dg vids.

Personally, I get a little perturbed by people that complain about things in free video.
Remember, IT'S FREE...
Thank you Ian for all the hard work you do.
Your vids are usually the highest quality, and I appreciate all the hard work and money and time that goes into them.
You have my deepest thanks, and I think the videos that you make are just fine.

As you absolutely should be.

:thmbup:

Personally, I get a little perturbed by people that complain about things in free video.
Remember, IT'S FREE...
Thank you Ian for all the hard work you do.
Your vids are usually the highest quality, and I appreciate all the hard work and money and time that goes into them.
You have my deepest thanks, and I think the videos that you make are just fine.

Thanks so much!

Hey ! You do an amazing job. Pat yourself on the back. You make the best footage out there.

Thank you.

Thanks Jack!

New DGWT vid is up. Day 3 chase card.

Just wanted to mention I enjoyed the Farragut Open. It's fun to see how open players you haven't seen before attack the course and the guest commentary is good. Or maybe I just like seeing people throw Rocs

I got to go play some of these mountain tournaments it looks so fun

Ccdg is the **** everything is uploaded free of charge for our viewing pleasure! Usually a video a week or more... i remember waiting years for new skate videos to come out on vhs. We are really spoiled in the internet era. Thanks for everything you do Ian and the rest of the ccdg crew as well.

Who did the faceshots for DGWT? Especially the latest video was funny, Owen and Musick were all smiles, Vicich was all serious and business, while Feldberg looked like he'd been told he had a root canal waiting after the round :p . Or maybe it was the look he had on his face after that stumble he had.

Ccdg is the **** everything is uploaded free of charge for our viewing pleasure! Usually a video a week or more... i remember waiting years for new skate videos to come out on vhs. We are really spoiled in the internet era. Thanks for everything you do Ian and the rest of the ccdg crew as well.

you can't really compare skate videos with disc golf videos. yes, the disc golf videos get uploaded quickly, i'm not ragging on that.

skate videos take a long time to make. scope out the spots... try the tricks... try the tricks a few hundred times... finally land one. now repeat a bunch for every 5 second clip in the video. now organize and edit a bunch of random footage into a movie that is awesome.

disc golf videos are a bit more straightforward. especially the ones that are just a straight up round. everything has already been filmed in order and you don't have to sort anything. all that needs to happen is to trim down the clips and add some title graphics.

Any big plans for steps forward in improving the channel or making more money off of it? I really do enjoy your videos and the chill commentary. You could start a fund raiser for disabled persons!

Just wanted to mention I enjoyed the Farragut Open. It's fun to see how open players you haven't seen before attack the course and the guest commentary is good. Or maybe I just like seeing people throw Rocs

I got to go play some of these mountain tournaments it looks so fun

Thanks! I agree. Love seeing new players and new courses too. We're gonna try to have Jared Person on for commentary gain in round 3. Love doing commentary with that guy.

Thanks man! CCDG would be shadow of what it is without the rest of the team. They've been crushing me with all the editing happening! Alex is almost done with round 3 of Farragut, Coyote Classic just needs commentary (3 rounds), SW Team Challenge is almost ready I hear (that's like 7, 12 hole matches plus an 18 hole finals), I've got Peter working on the Wintertime Open. I finished round 1 part 1, but he can get to the rest before I can so that should be out soonish too. Daniel is working on Baskets and Barrels Open, and Matt is working on some BSF rounds from last year (sweet new drone footage included)

Next weekend will be a first for CCDG, we'll be filming 3 tournaments! Anthony Vandenhuevel (AKA DGweekly) and I will be filming GBO MPO chase cards and doing next day vids, Ben and a volunteer will be filming Buddah Tree at Birds of Paradise (heard nothing but amazing things about that course, can't wait to see it), and Alex is filming the North Umpqua Invitational at Whistlers Bend (SICK course) which is just oustside Roseburg, OR.

Who did the faceshots for DGWT? Especially the latest video was funny, Owen and Musick were all smiles, Vicich was all serious and business, while Feldberg looked like he'd been told he had a root canal waiting after the round :p . Or maybe it was the look he had on his face after that stumble he had.

That's Stu Mullenberg who does the flight record.

lol

you can't really compare skate videos with disc golf videos. yes, the disc golf videos get uploaded quickly, i'm not ragging on that.

skate videos take a long time to make. scope out the spots... try the tricks... try the tricks a few hundred times... finally land one. now repeat a bunch for every 5 second clip in the video. now organize and edit a bunch of random footage into a movie that is awesome.

disc golf videos are a bit more straightforward. especially the ones that are just a straight up round. everything has already been filmed in order and you don't have to sort anything. all that needs to happen is to trim down the clips and add some title graphics.

this is true. I do a ton of editing on the course, by only filming what I plan to show later.

Any big plans for steps forward in improving the channel or making more money off of it? I really do enjoy your videos and the chill commentary. You could start a fund raiser for disabled persons!

Well I just bought a new camcorder and shotgun mic. I upgraded to a Sony pxw-x70. It's 4k capable so I can do the upgrade once Youtube allows 4k at 60 fps. It also has built in ND filters, a 1 inch sensor (better low light), and higher bitrate 1080/60p video. It's got hdmi and sdi out if we ever decide to mess around with live. XLR inputs for the new mic too.

Making more/losing less money I'm just trying to pick more sponsors. We'll see how it goes.

Latest posts