• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

I don't understand the vitriol on here. He's a likable enough guy.

There is a book about the UNC-Duke rivalry in college basketball. It is told from a UNC fan's perspective, but it really applies in a sense universally across all fandoms. The title is "To Hate Like This Is To Be Happy Forever".

Hatred of some other players is the flip side of fandom for this or that player. Not necessarily my thing, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate Duke.

There is a book about the UNC-Duke rivalry in college basketball. It is told from a UNC fan's perspective, but it really applies in a sense universally across all fandoms. The title is "To Hate Like This Is To Be Happy Forever".

Hatred of some other players is the flip side of fandom for this or that player. Not necessarily my thing, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate Duke.

As a Duke Alum, GTHC!
-I'm self aware enough to admit that Duke is very, very easy to hate.

Back on the topic of the CCDG vids, Philo commentary on The Preserve championship was once again excellent. I can't remember a commentator being so universally loved except maybe Sexton.

Back on the topic of the CCDG vids, Philo commentary on The Preserve championship was once again excellent. I can't remember a commentator being so universally loved except maybe Sexton.

Agreed! It was my first time hearing Philo, and he's a natural. I've watched more Jomez than CCDG in the past, so it was also a nice change hearing Ian naming the discs as they threw them, at least on a more consistent basis. It adds a lot to the spectating experience.

Agreed! It was my first time hearing Philo, and he's a natural. I've watched more Jomez than CCDG in the past, so it was also a nice change hearing Ian naming the discs as they threw them, at least on a more consistent basis. It adds a lot to the spectating experience.

Philo is very good communicator. His commentary was super informative. All his talk about wind swirling, disc angles, pressure in certain moments, and putting form were all great to listen to. You can tell that he's been around the pro game for a very long time.

Ian does a great job of taking a look into the pros' bags to see what they are throwing. Managing to actually remember, too, is pretty impressive.

CCDG excels at the little details. I love the speed gun, distance to pin and drive distance graphics, and the slow-mo's after each hole. It's like getting to do form study in the middle of the round. Keeping the videos closer to 30 min rather than the 45 that Jomez is doing right now is nice, too. I find myself skipping ahead a lot to get through the Jomez vids right now, but CCDG cuts out a lot of the stuff I'd be skipping anyway, so I can just sit back and watch.

Philo is very good communicator. His commentary was super informative. All his talk about wind swirling, disc angles, pressure in certain moments, and putting form were all great to listen to. You can tell that he's been around the pro game for a very long time.

Ian does a great job of taking a look into the pros' bags to see what they are throwing. Managing to actually remember, too, is pretty impressive.

CCDG excels at the little details. I love the speed gun, distance to pin and drive distance graphics, and the slow-mo's after each hole. It's like getting to do form study in the middle of the round. Keeping the videos closer to 30 min rather than the 45 that Jomez is doing right now is nice, too. I find myself skipping ahead a lot to get through the Jomez vids right now, but CCDG cuts out a lot of the stuff I'd be skipping anyway, so I can just sit back and watch.
He's got one of those little notebooks that hall monitors use to issue warnings...:D

Thanks so much! Really appreciate all the feedback! Funny enough I actually just hit them up on fb or text after the round for disc info 👍😀

He's got one of those little notebooks that hall monitors use to issue warnings...:D

😂😂

How can Ian have zero activity on here for three months at this time? :popcorn: :(:):)

Sorry! Truth be told foster parenting is kicking my ass lol. Forum trolling time is limited.

Range Finder

Hey Ian

I love the way you are giving distances for the drive and upshots.
Are you using a Range Finder to determine the distance?
If so, what have you found to be the best range finder to pick up a disc golf basket?

Keep up the great work!

Was wondering if you know who was in the skins match or how much they played for?

Tried to PM you this but your box is full.

O sorry! The DD Open one?

Hey Ian

I love the way you are giving distances for the drive and upshots.
Are you using a Range Finder to determine the distance?
If so, what have you found to be the best range finder to pick up a disc golf basket?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! We use a Bushnell *something*. It's the one that has feet as a readout. Huge fan.

Latest posts