• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Check it out bought at Play it again sports

I just purchased a beautiful 9/10 Pearly Orc for $8.99 at the PIA Sports in North Austin. They also had two 7/10 11x teebirds, a 7/10 11x firebird, and two really nice 9.5/10 180 Rancho Rocs for $7.00 - $9.00 each, which I did not purchase because I already have a trunk load of them.

Pearly Sidewinder for 4.99 :)

100_2917.jpg

The PIAS I go to is super overstocked right now and has tons of discs. I spent $60 last paycheck on these 9 discs:
Comet X (6/10, beater)
XL ESP (9/10)
Avenger SS ESP (8/10)
Avenger SS ESP (9/10)
11x Teebird Fly Died (9/10)
11x Teebird (7/10, Blaze Orange)
10x KC Pro TeeBird (6-7/10, Solid White)
11x Eagle (6/10, Blue)
11x KC Pro Cheetah (6-7/10 Yellow Orange)

Going back for more later, esp will be mine, $5 each! It scares me the amount of champion/star/esp plastic that is at this store. Next run I'm grabbing the pearly stuff and more esp (forgot a esp buzzz in a stack there).

I'm new here but if anyone has a favorite rarer disc, post it here or message me and I can look for it for you. There was some Champion JK and BS but wasn't sure its value so left it.

Attachments

• IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 128
Comet X (6/10, beater)
XL ESP (9/10)
Avenger SS ESP (8/10)
Avenger SS ESP (9/10)
11x Teebird Fly Died (9/10)
11x Teebird (7/10, Blaze Orange)
10x KC Pro TeeBird (6-7/10, Solid White)
11x Eagle (6/10, Blue)
11x KC Pro Cheetah (6-7/10 Yellow Orange)
nice finds, i cannot believe someone sold all of that for like 2$ each

My PIAS has diddly squat. I went there the other day and there was not one disc on the shelf -- new or used. The guy told me they would be in next week. :confused: My main disc store is called the Wright Life here in Fort Collins. They sell lots of stuff, but disc golf is one of their main things -- they have rows and rows of every brand, disc, color, plastic, and weight you could imagine. They have some used, but I haven't found anything of interest....yet. :)

Garret

ps wright life is tits. one of the best customer service depts on the interwebz

i found a 10x kc pro teebird 8/10 condition for 8 bucks, sold it for 17, not bad,not bad.

they also gave me 4 dollars a piece for used pro plastic,so i traded in a pro katana(beat to hell)$4,slipstream(dog toy)$4,kc roc(very worn)$4,and a champ beast (8/10)$5 for a brand new z nuke(16.99)

The Wright Life! Bought my first disc there when I was introduced to the sport. My old apartment was next Edora Park, it was sweet to to basically have a course in my 'backyard.' There is a PIAS in Idaho Falls that I have yet to check out, but making a trip this weekend!

1026101338a.jpg

Pearly Orc. $8.99.

Best part is that they give you a $1 credit for every disc you bring in to be returned. So after bringing 'em in all summer, here's my reward (well that and the clean conscience).

Was chatting with the PIAS folks...a lot of people dumped their summer gear this week. This store had to order more racks since they are overflowing with gear. They said the last few summers they were ordering up to 200 new discs per week and selling out...and now its all coming back. This is the good stuff, there is a stack I sifted back in to pickup later.

I present...the mother lode...as presented by omni the lucky DCR newbie. Yes...you have to read my commentary...deal with it.

Pic 1 - 11 Times KC Junk:
1-3. 11x Eagle x 3 - Sweet a eagle...sweet an eagle...sweet an eagle (WTF!?). One of those is so freakin mint!
4-5. 11x Teebird x 2 - Um...I thought I got the mother lode tb's last time...that white one is the tackiest tb i've seen in my life.
6. 11x KC Pro Banshee - Interesting, didn't realize this had KC plastic...was reading a thread on the banshee before I went to PIAS...to my suprise!

Pic 2 - ESP FOR ME They normally sell these for 5 bucks...unless they "accidently" mark it to 8-9!!
Now this pic is of discs I actually throw, as opposed to that Innova junk above and below.
1. XL ESP - I love it, have it in all plastics, gotta buy it.
2. Avenger SS FLX - Have 2 in esp already (cleared this store out last visit) but figured a FLX wouldn't hurt with winter coming up. Good color for winter.
3. Buzzz ESP FLX - All my Buzzz's are blue...why stop now?
4. Buzzz ESP - See above

Pic 3 - Smorgasborg
1. BS 2x Leopard - Hmm haven't seen this before, grabbed it, I like orange
2. BS 2x Peachy/Pinky Beast - Someone asked me to look for pearly beasts. Who inks a pearl right in the center...grrr.
3. Banshee - WTF is this? It said Champion and its some weird plastic and my wife likes yellow. Who can argue with that logic?
4. Roc - The only innova disc I throw, figured I should buy one of the few in stock (they go quick at this store). Never seen this stamp before (I have a bird one and a KC Pro).
5. Lat 64 Core - Wanted to try it
6. Wizard SS - Wanted to try it, its really like sticky or tacky or something weird. The plastic is like eroding off like an eraser...but it was 5 bucks...so what they hey.
7. Wizard Medium - 5.dollar.pink.wizard. Need I say more?

Welp, there is my finds this paycheck. See ya in 2 weeks.

Oh, I have no feedback here so no one ever trades with me. I have 490+ / 100% feedback on ebay, but not sure how you would confirm that. These are all for trade/sale though, expect a mega marketplace thread at some point. The pearly beast is on hold, all the ESP/Wizards/Core I use, but other than that everything is fair game.

Also, are JK Valks 4x and 5x commonly used/seeked for? I can get ~6 for $8-9 ea, condition 6-7/10.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 141
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 115
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Unfortunately that Roc is not a real roc. It's a classic Roc which is a throwback (pun intended) to the original mold which was basically a beaded XD Putter. It flies nothing like a real roc.

show him the picture of the edge of the two different kinds frank...i know you got it somewhere
I think I found it. I'll check when I get home. I have 4 11x eagles now and need to start unloading them.

Unfortunately that Roc is not a real roc. It's a classic Roc which is a throwback (pun intended) to the original mold which was basically a beaded XD Putter. It flies nothing like a real roc.
Water disc for the win, thanks for the info!

Last edited:
There isn't really much to gawk at there. The Teebirds are just 12x molds stamped 11x. The KC Banshee is cool but beat, 11x Eagles are dime a dozen, everything else but the DX Banshee you can buy right off the shelf anywhere new.

Latest posts