• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chuckdisc09 The New Cubby?

considering he is out there counting practice throws yeah, he could. it'll come down to who has more time to waste filming every shot they ever take, every single one of their 50 throws at a 150ft hole.

Why is he shouting out the course after the "ace"? I can go out to the middle school course and run mids at 160ft holes all day but I don't think I'd consider any of them aces. As long as he's having fun and out playing though not my place to call it. I think he could take on cubby in a short ace showdown.

he can have his 60 aces... i'll settle for deucing 19 & 25 at Flyboy.

a 90 ft ace!! haha

I had a 65' ace at St. Lucie Village Heritage Park Hole #4 . . . and it wasn't even into a basket . . . it was through a PVC hoop basket basically. . . Hey it was a 1 on the DGCR scorecard because it was part of an actual round so it counts as an ace no matter how cheesy and weak it is. I do not count second throw shots that go in as aces, but this I do.

FYI the odds of a 900 rated player to make a hole in 1 from 150' is 1/238, 125' 1/140, 100' 1/83

i wish he would edit all of his 'ace runs' into one big clip and add some dramatic/exciting music. then i wouldn't mind watching.

This would have been a fun study to be apart of :D.

I do not remember the source of this . . . it might have been Chuck Kennedy pointing me to some PDGA study . . . I am not sure though.

Why is he shouting out the course after the "ace"? I can go out to the middle school course and run mids at 160ft holes all day but I don't think I'd consider any of them aces. As long as he's having fun and out playing though not my place to call it. I think he could take on cubby in a short ace showdown.

If your shot from the tee goes in, its a ace. I never seen or heared of any distance limit. It's the definition of what a ace is.

Your consideration =/= general definition of the word.

If your shot from the tee goes in, its a ace. I never seen or heared of any distance limit. It's the definition of what a ace is.

I would modify this to say that if your first shot from the tee during a normal round goes in than it is an ace. An ace is a "1" on your scorecard, not any throw that goes in the basket from the tee. If you are throwing multiple times from the tee then you aren't really keeping score - you are practicing, and if one of your practice shots goes in then all I think you can say is that you finally figured out how to throw that hole.

That's why the term "fairway ace" is silly - you made a long throw, that's nice, but to refer to it in any way as an ace is colloquial and incorrect. Is a long putt an "outside the circle ace"?

I would modify this to say that if your first shot from the tee during a normal round goes in than it is an ace. An ace is a "1" on your scorecard, not any throw that goes in the basket from the tee. If you are throwing multiple times from the tee then you aren't really keeping score - you are practicing, and if one of your practice shots goes in then all I think you can say is that you finally figured out how to throw that hole.

That's why the term "fairway ace" is silly - you made a long throw, that's nice, but to refer to it in any way as an ace is colloquial and incorrect. Is a long putt an "outside the circle ace"?

Years ago during a Supertour event I was TD for Dave Greenwell was called for a foot fault on hole #2 when he teed off.
Warning and a re-throw.
His re-throw went in the basket and was recorded as a 1 on the score card.

Just sayin'. :D

Has anybody noticed that they are all the same shot on different holes? All I saw were hyzers going to the basket. This isn't bad, but come on.

Latest posts