• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

The Big one - Tee Pads, I read that there were woodchipped tees. Well, where? Maybe a Woodchuck came and stole the Woodchips. How many Woodchips would a woodchuck take, if a Woodchuck could steal Woodchips? I think the answers all of them, naughty Woodchuck.

From here - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=9936&mode=rev#79826

This one made me simultaneously laugh and hang my head in shame this morning. It was me that mislead him on the title page which I'm now going to amend! I sometimes get carried away when listing a course and put on the details as though it is finished rather than the current state in this naive belief that when someone tells you they are going to do something they do it :) - There will be woodchips on levelled tees at some point, I promise, i'll get the Woodchuck to return them!

craigd's story from Cane Ridge Advanced starts with "The first time I played here there was a couple having sex in the backseat of their Tacoma in the parking spot next to the tee pad...."

Be sure to read the whole story. And I can attest that tee 7, which plays from the back far corner of the parking lot, is always an adventure of some kind.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=10608&mode=rev

Here is a lesson on how to/not to review. So far this course (4400ft gravel tees) has 2 reviews, rated 3 and 5. The 3 written by a diamond TR and the 5 by a driveby noob... with bad grammar

TBH, I preferred the "noob" review more, while certainly appreciating the thought that went into the other one

Maybe it's just me, but all I care about is someone's global rating of a course. I really don't care much about an in depth description of a part of a single hole. If that's what helps people to decide to play or not play a course, that's great.

TBH, I preferred the "noob" review more, while certainly appreciating the thought that went into the other one

Maybe it's just me, but all I care about is someone's global rating of a course. I really don't care much about an in depth description of a part of a single hole. If that's what helps people to decide to play or not play a course, that's great.

I tend to agree. I always appreciate information, but the hole-by-hole descriptions are often too much for me. I can't bash someone for giving me too much information, but it does sometimes feel overwhelming. We all have our personal preferences. Mine is a medium-length review with some good overview of the course and a couple of specific pros and cons. However, too much information allows me to skim and gather what I want. Too little information is never helpful.

Good stuff Wells...:thmbup:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=3377&mode=rev#80383
- WHAT COULD BE - This course could easily get turned around. With 200 volunteer hours, a sawzall, a lopper, a shovel, 18 bricks, a few 8 foot pressure treated 4x4, spray-paint and a sharpie could get this course back to a 1.5 rated course. The baskets, arguable the most important part to any course, are still in ok shape.
- ALTERNATE REVIEW TITLES - Don't Skip Course Work Day, The Path To Nowhere, I'm On A Pathway To Hell, Baskets Do Grow On Trees, Rubbernecking, Vineally Found It, Tree Guarding Gone Wild, Looking for Vaults In The Fallout Zone.
:clap:

...Unwelcome to the Jungle?

This is the latest one for Renny Gold. I now present to you the opening sentence of this classic:
"Number of baskets and move the change of elevation through out the course."

He also lists under the Pros that the course is unplayable after it rains. Is that a subtle way of saying the course is too tough for him?

Last edited:
In honor of the just completed DGPT tournament:

" I had to completely change my tee location on (6). There was a fisherman 325 feet down fairway. The perfect distance for me to nail him and too far to yell "Hey, why the %#@& are fishing in the middle of a disc golf course"

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=5062&mode=rev

For reference, I believe this was hole 18 at the tourney, as they wanted to finish with the monster water clear.

This might be the most baffling con listed in a review. It's for Potter's Grove in Seagrove, NC:
Cons: The baskets are locked and you cannot move without park maintenance.

Wouldn't a real negative be the baskets weren't locked and were all stolen? Barring the baskets are only moved once a year, it's an interesting negative to cite.

Last edited: