• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cleaning Up after Disc Golfers

biscoe

* Ace Member *
I operate a private course on our farm in Spotsylvania Virginia. Over the last 3 weekends we have hosted first the Mid-Atlantic DGCR Meet, second the Pro weekend of the Hawk Hollow Open and yesterday the Am side of the Hawk Hollow Open.

Today it was time to clean up the course after the golfers and return the place to the cattle.

I covered the entire place pretty well on an ATV and picked up a grand total of ONE piece of trash.

Thanks to all involved in all 3 events for leaving the place better than you found it. It is the thoughtfulness of disc golfers as stewards of the property when they are here that keeps us doing what we do.

Well I thought this was going in a much different, much worse direction. Glad to hear this positive story!

Must be something about the owner/host that is worthy of respect. :clap: :clap:

Well I thought this was going in a much different, much worse direction. Glad to hear this positive story!

Same here. I'd like to think that disc golfers are more cognizant on private courses. Picking up after yourself should be a no brainer anyway, but I imagine that people pay more attention to it if they know the owner.

I've always hated cigarette butts, even for people that try to pack it in/pack it out, butts seem to fall into the category of "it's small enough that it doesn't matter" in a lot of people's minds. Well, they add up and they're gross. I'm really a fan of the advent of ecigs. Not only do they take away the smoke, but also the litter. Yay technology.

so how do we get rid of all the chuckers throwing beer cans and breaking bottles everywhere? i dont think tourny players have ever been the main problem here.

Hopefully it closing to the public for the reasons it did isn't what helped Hawk Hollow to be so clean. Glad to hear the course was left in such good shape after three events.

I would call the 2 basically unrelated. We have never had any real problem with golfers leaving trash at Hawk Hollow whether Blockhouse was open or not. The general atmosphere of the two places is not all that similar and I am not nearly as nice as Mike is.

I operate a private course on our farm in Spotsylvania Virginia. Over the last 3 weekends we have hosted first the Mid-Atlantic DGCR Meet, second the Pro weekend of the Hawk Hollow Open and yesterday the Am side of the Hawk Hollow Open.

Today it was time to clean up the course after the golfers and return the place to the cattle.

I covered the entire place pretty well on an ATV and picked up a grand total of ONE piece of trash.

Thanks to all involved in all 3 events for leaving the place better than you found it. It is the thoughtfulness of disc golfers as stewards of the property when they are here that keeps us doing what we do.

Man, I cringed when I saw the title and OP.

I thought this was going to be a very sad post about how terrible dgers are with trash.

Very much relieved to hear quite the opposite!! :thmbup: :cool:

I thought this was going to be a very sad post about how terrible dgers are with trash.

That's what I was going for- way more people are likely to read it if they think there is a bunch of bitching about to ensue.

Very much relieved to hear quite the opposite!! :thmbup: :cool:

Ditto this... I was terrified.

However.... I did tell one DG buddy who was on my card yesterday to: A) first put out the leaf fire he started with his cig when he set it down to putt. B) pick it up after he stomped out the flames. lol

(the drama occured on hole 13) :p

Ditto this... I was terrified.

However.... I did tell one DG buddy who was on my card yesterday to: A) first put out the leaf fire he started with his cig when he set it down to putt. B) pick it up after he stomped out the flames. lol

(the drama occured on hole 13) :p

you probably saved his well being and the presence of the course by doing so.

I was on a course a few years ago and there was a family picking up trash. The children seemed like they didn't want be there. They saw me and said "there isn't even any trash here!"

I have seen some really bad trash in my day. I am always glad to hear stories of clean do courses. My mom, who usually picks up trash while my dad caddies for me while I play t I urn amends is grateful to all who leave little work for her to do.

Latest posts