• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cleaning Up after Disc Golfers

tell that to the folks who run the Blockhouse.

I've only had the opportunity to play the Blockhouse once, but was looking forward to giving it another run when I was in VA next. I was sad to see that it's closed (though hopefully only temporarily.) Since you seem to be in the loop, can you lend a little insight into what happened there? Also--why did it cease to be "The Grange"?

I just played in a tournament at a friends private course.

Great turnout with a lot of first timers.

While playing anywhere, I always make a point of picking up trash.

That day, try as I might, I couldnt find any.

Except for a half full PBR that one of the spectators had accidentally left behind.

They were happy to see it again.

I've only had the opportunity to play the Blockhouse once, but was looking forward to giving it another run when I was in VA next. I was sad to see that it's closed (though hopefully only temporarily.) Since you seem to be in the loop, can you lend a little insight into what happened there? Also--why did it cease to be "The Grange"?

It ceased to be "The Grange" due to pressure from attorneys for the service organization called The Grange.

The closure is partially due to being fed up with continued behavior disrespectful of the property (litter, etc) and partially due to a desire/need to reshape their model into a sustainable business venture.

If you are passing through from out of town it is fairly likely you can talk your way into playing with a bit of notice.

It ceased to be "The Grange" due to pressure from attorneys for the service organization called The Grange.

The closure is partially due to being fed up with continued behavior disrespectful of the property (litter, etc) and partially due to a desire/need to reshape their model into a sustainable business venture.

If you are passing through from out of town it is fairly likely you can talk your way into playing with a bit of notice.

I need to remember this when I'm in Graves Mill next.

I was also terrified. I attended the midatlantic meet and definitely made sure that I left no trace other than trampled grass and footprints in cow pies.

Kudos to every guest of hawk hollow. Now to find the culprit responsible for that one piece of trash. DNA testing?

If only they had the same respect for public/city courses.

I am glad you had a great group that did a great job looking after your place. Hats off to the players and the host.

That's a great story, I too was expecting the opposite. Only because I have experienced it in my neck of the woods. I'll even clean up places that aren't my home course. I'm happy to leave a place better than I found it.

Kudos to whoever did their part.

Such a fun place to play disc golf. Grateful I got to play it a few years ago for VTI. Thanks, Biscoe!

I was also terrified. I attended the midatlantic meet and definitely made sure that I left no trace other than trampled grass and footprints in cow pies.

Kudos to every guest of hawk hollow. Now to find the culprit responsible for that one piece of trash. DNA testing?

That one piece of trash biscoe found on the course was likely Vegan Ray himself. :p