• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Collegiate Championships

yeah CSU has some ringers on it apparently, still proud of the wolfpack, sitting nice in 4th.

I really would like to the NCDGC actually put effort into seeing which players are actually eligible. It is all on trust. I could have played this year after graduating last year(as a sponsored open pro) because of the laid back process.

Next year you at least have to take 6 hours a semester or 12 total for a year(with 3 in the current semester). The one loophole that will allow pros to keep playing, because taking 2 classes isnt that hard, is that they only deny pros who are officially recognized as "touring pros" by the PDGA. So even if you cashed once you don't make the touring pro list, hence why you see 990-1000 rated players some with manufacturer sponsorships. I would like to see it move to strictly AM and have the NCDGC actually check eligibility with the school. It isn't that hard for player to get proof of enrollment at a school especially if disc golf is already an official sports club at the school.

A true AM team/player won't win the NCDGC again until they actually take their own eligibility requirements seriously. You don't have to show any proof of ID or PDGA #.

Also wish the event would move around. Hippodrome is fun but it is a burden on the schools from central and west to make it every year.

I am not hating on the NCDGC. I love the event and played it last year. The event just still has a long way to go with lots of kinks. I wish I had had the time to go back this year and help my school(texas state)

UAHuntsville didn't do too bad. I was in Lavonne's shop the other day talking to him and one of the guys on the team a day before they left for NC. I guess that kid can throw a mile from what Lavonne stated.

I'll be going to school at UAH this fall or next year, so I'm going to try out for the team and see if I can make this tourney next year.

Did the guy play last year? Is he really tall and lanky? I am pretty sure that was the guy who beat me last year in the distance finals. I got to about 550ft and he hit 562 like 3 minutes later to win it. The dude has a whip. If he cleaned up his form he could throw a lot farther(slowed down). his body is built for it

Yea he is tall and lanky. Jared is his name I believe. When we played at UAH one day a few weeks ago, he was out there bombing drives. Lavonne said he was throwing 600 already and if he can get the nose down a little better, with a little help from Phil Arthur, he will be reaching 700.

C..L..E..M..S..O..N.. T..I..G..E..RRRR..S.. Fight Tigers! Fight Tigers! Fight! Fight! Fight!

This! And my Alma Mater (Anderson). Although they didn't do so great, at least they came and competed!

yeah his arms are super long and he gets them through really clean. He was using the wrong type of discs last year as well. Torquing over 175g Apes. He was using the discs stability to get distance and yeah he had nose up. It was impressive. Hopefully he is learning the distance flip lines with better discs because he has a ton of distance potential if he can hone it.

Hmm, I thought that you had to be rated below 975 to be able to play in this tournament, when we at the University of Wisconsin Platteville went to qualify for this we were under the impression that we had to stay below 975 rated. I know I played a few more tournaments so that I could keep my rating below that since it was at 974 when we qualified.

I would also say that the winners definitely had a big advantage having basically 2 pros playing on their team. It kinda takes the fun out of tournaments when you have people bag just to take a title. I think something really needs to be done about this so that it can be fair.

Hmm, I thought that you had to be rated below 975 to be able to play in this tournament, when we at the University of Wisconsin Platteville went to qualify for this we were under the impression that we had to stay below 975 rated. I know I played a few more tournaments so that I could keep my rating below that since it was at 974 when we qualified.

I would also say that the winners definitely had a big advantage having basically 2 pros playing on their team. It kinda takes the fun out of tournaments when you have people bag just to take a title. I think something really needs to be done about this so that it can be fair.

Cameron Colglazier played in this tournament but he should be disqualified because he is a pro. He accepted cash at the 2012 Barnett Park's Disc
Golf Championships.
http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/78046/Open
http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/67097

As was already stated, the pdga does not consider these players "touring pros." Thus, they can play. Blame the PDGA, not the players who are playing by the rules.

As was already stated, the pdga does not consider these players "touring pros." Thus, they can play. Blame the PDGA, not the players who are playing by the rules.

It's an NCAA thing, not a PDGA thing. You can't accept cash for anything sports related and still be a student-athlete.

Big props to Liberty University. This was their first year of even having a team and they finished tied for 27th I think...............

Lol @ NCAA Disc golf. Come on Bergdawg, that's silly. No one gets scholarships for disc golf. Collegiate teams have to raise their own funds. PDGA sets the rules. If you don't like them, write the PDGA (or the "National Collegiate Disc Golf Union apparently).

Latest posts