• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Colossus

Speed 14/15???

Just dropped Innova speeds 10 & 11 out of the bag due to 6 week long form issues as evidenced by 2/3 Wraith drives ending up inside of 350'. Speed 9 is already 330' and unless I stretch that out to 375', 10's & 11's will stay in a box in the garage.

In the meantime, makes room for a lot of cool slower speed stuff.

Yeah, I haven't thrown anything above a speed 9 in a couple of months and that was a Firebird for overhand and forehand. Other than that I am even dropping anything faster than Mids. This is the perfect time of the year to work on form. Definitely diminishing returns on the wider rims so no go on the Colossus for me.

No chatter on the Colossus? Anyone brave enough to throw their first release from the factory store?

My 2 pre-release Colossus discs were stolen by the post office... so if/when I get replacements from Innova I will give one a good huck

My 2 pre-release Colossus discs were stolen by the post office... so if/when I get replacements from Innova I will give one a good huck

There seems to be more of that going on lately, does tracking show that it was delivered to your mailbox? If so, you may want to consider video surveillance of the area around your mailbox.

I don't see that it was mentioned, but the official release is Jan 18th. GStar first run stamps and stock stamps

The proto stars and stock stamps have been out since yesterday. Anybody throw on yet?

I sold one at my shop yesterday to a friend. Then we did some field throwing with it. Proto stamp, 171g, and it was much more stable than I had expected. It was more stable than the fresh cannon we were comparing it with. It was long too! As long as the cannon easily with a bit more control. It's definitely something I see working as a forehand bomber or backhand stable flyer. I have 400+ ft power on the backhand, 380+ on forehand. I'm not into gstar but really thinking of putting one in my bag.

The Colossus is the real deal. I got to throw a 171 and a 175 a lot today. It's cold with a little snow on the ground but the Colossus threw on some of the purest lines I've ever thrown with a high speed driver. Very smooth. The rim feel is in between a Boss and Tern. Very soft edge and easy to grip. It's definitely fast. I don't know if it's a true 14 speed but it pops out at least as fast as a Boss. It held true in all different wind conditions and never got squirrely. The high speed -2 turn feels more like it just wants to stay in the air rather than actual turn. It will track right a little when thrown flat though. It has just enough high speed turn to pop it up flat from a slight hyzer and glide forever before coming back with a big sweeping forward fade. I can't wait for the regular Star version and to get out and throw it in better weather. Long and controllable are two words that fit the Colossus. I think a lot of people are gonna like these. I'm impressed.

Last edited:
The Colossus is the real deal..... I'm impressed.

Thanks for the review. :clap:

I can see by your bag that you throw overstable discs; therefore, you likely throw with some power. So how do you think the Colossus is going to do for the Noodle-Armed? TIA.

Thanks for the review. :clap:

I can see by your bag that you throw overstable discs; therefore, you likely throw with some power. So how do you think the Colossus is going to do for the Noodle-Armed? TIA.

Depending on where your at it could be too much but if you can throw a Katana you should be able to get one of these up to speed. It's a different disc than what Innova has in the line-up now. Tough to describe but if the Katana and Boss had a baby and you put a little wider and deeper Tern rim on it that's the Colossus.

The Colossus is the real deal. I got to throw a 171 and a 175 a lot today. It's cold with a little snow on the ground but the Colossus threw on some of the purest lines I've ever thrown with a high speed driver. Very smooth. The rim feel is in between a Boss and Tern. Very soft edge and easy to grip. It's definitely fast. I don't know if it's a true 14 speed but it pops out at least as fast as a Boss. It held true in all different wind conditions and never got squirrely. The high speed -2 turn feels more like it just wants to stay in the air rather than actual turn. It will track right a little when thrown flat though. It has just enough high speed turn to pop it up flat from a slight hyzer and glide forever before coming back with a big sweeping forward fade. I can't wait for the regular Star version and to get out and throw it in better weather. Long and controllable are two words that fit the Colossus. I think a lot of people are gonna like these. I'm impressed.

I would agree . It is definitely worthy of the speed 14 rating. I'm not the biggest arm distance-wise, but I can get it to get up and go faster than Charlie sheen to a hooker. seriously... If thrown right, it is fast, like.. other people will go "wow"..fast.

I got the 171 Colossus yesterday I ordered off feebay. It was shipped in just a plane envelope and was bent pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Gstar plastic but it did come back to normal shape after sitting overnight.
It looks to have a little bit more plastic above the parting line. The nose is not as sharp as a Boss more like a Thunderbird. Looks nice.

I wonder if this is Dave's attempt to make something longer than a boss. I got no problem with the big gun's taking this one out to the desert to push the distance barrier.

Or is just too flippy to handle the elites arm speed for all out distance?

The boss as great as it is for all out distance is starting to become an older mold. As always their is room for tweaking and improvements to gain distance even if it just a few feet or inches.

Or is just too flippy to handle the elites arm speed for all out distance?

It can absolutely handle a big arms power. I'm not a big distance thrower but a friend I usually play with has a cannon. He's consistently 500'+ and I gave him my Colossus to throw a few times and it never thought about flipping on him. It's cold and tees are a little slick here in Ohio so he didn't throw any max D flex shots but on full power rips the Colossus held true to its flight numbers. We actually got about the same flight, his was just 80' farther. He might of gotten a tad more high speed turn but not much. I think the product description Innova gives is accurate. Players with 375'+ of power should have no problem throwing the Colossus well. Can't wait until it warms up a bit around here to get some better throws with it.

Last edited:
This disc is basically what I had hoped the Freedom would be. More of a dome to it, and the turn that you can get out of it is gorgeous. I had wondered if the Champion mold would have a -1, 3 turn fade rating, but I seriously doubt it. A perfect step up for someone who feels they are outgrowing their Katana!