• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I love the flight and feel of my x comets but after just a couple rounds it has so many gashes etc. least durable plastic I think I've thrown.

Interesting, my x Comet has held up well. In fact, I was thinking x must be the best baseline plastic that I've had... You play on rocky courses?

Interesting, my x Comet has held up well. In fact, I was thinking x must be the best baseline plastic that I've had... You play on rocky courses?

I thought the Durability depended on the run? You know kind of like the flex of Z depending on run to run. No mater what the discs tend to fly the same from Discraft run to run.

I thought the Durability depended on the run? You know kind of like the flex of Z depending on run to run. No mater what the discs tend to fly the same from Discraft run to run.

Not sure. I only have one x, to your point. Could be true, which is one of reasons I was questioning ... I would buy another x at this point but not if they vary run to run that much to the point one guy says they're trash and the other guy feels they're the best...

Not sure. I only have one x, to your point. Could be true, which is one of reasons I was questioning ... I would buy another x at this point but not if they vary run to run that much to the point one guy says they're trash and the other guy feels they're the best...

I have only used old Elite X and there were two types. First was an almost no gloss Elite X that would get waxy and fingerprinted up after a short period of a years use, the plastic was softer. Then a second Elite X that was low gloss and felt like a low gloss less durable ESP but not as durable as ESP, these Elite X were the harder more durable plastic. Often the Second Elite X had a sparkle/shimmer to it but not always. A few early early Elite X were between the First and Second in terms of wax & fingerprints and had durability between the two main types.

New to the comet world. Have a 172ish zglo (so domey!) and a max weight ESP (bought because glo is great camouflage in our woods in the daytime). I'm not that good but man am I finding a lot of use for these discs. Not sure if it's the lighter weight or the dome but the zglo is definitely more comet-y for my noodle arm-flippier and glidier. I might even have to keep both in the bag for those shots where I'm not worried about the glo hiding under devils club.

I just scooped a couple of new x comets and they are seriously lss,even compared to the z and esp ones I've thrown. The plastic feels awesome and I'm sure they'll season in, but after about ten rounds and a lot of tree hits they are still fading out. My old x comets are stiffer and serious flip and glide machines so I'm hoping these will season into something similar.

I just scooped a couple of new x comets and they are seriously lss,even compared to the z and esp ones I've thrown. The plastic feels awesome and I'm sure they'll season in, but after about ten rounds and a lot of tree hits they are still fading out. My old x comets are stiffer and serious flip and glide machines so I'm hoping these will season into something similar.

I saw some fresh X stock a few months back.. Is it softer than previous runs?

Yup. I've had an x comet in the bag for a year and it's in very good shape. It's probably one of my fave plastics from discraft.

Awe bud....my wife just texted me to let me know a special delivery of Comets just showed up at the door. Man...the clock needs to go faster so I can get home and open them.

At this point, I would not be willing to throw anything but a max weight, domey Z comet in anything but the calmest conditions in the woods. That is to say, if I'm in the open or it's windy, I'll skip all the other comet plastics.

I can echo the experience of tirepizza, that newer X comets are dang stable in the calm. Then in the wind, they flip all over the place...

I would be willing to give them another try, but the "old school sports car vs supercar" analogy of Comet vs modern mid never rang truer for me. Thinking I will for sure bag them in a casual "for fun" bag.

My delivery today...
76e6abaf55ca8cb9e6129f09c2c5854a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpikeHyzer, what does the dome and shoulder look like on these? I ordered one yesterday and don't need another comet, but I can't wait until Friday when it is supposed to arrive.

Hi everyone, I came across this thread while searching for more info on Jawbreaker Comets. I have two on the way and they have the same stamp that SpikeHyzer just posted (both 177+ weight). Can anyone explain to me why there's so little information about them, and why I'm having a hard time finding them? Thanks!
Also, since I love Comets so much, here's a picture of some of my Comet collection so far (currently bagging the Ti, ZGlo, and blue/green 2019 MJ):
XKCLUiW.jpg

SpikeHyzer, what does the dome and shoulder look like on these? I ordered one yesterday and don't need another comet, but I can't wait until Friday when it is supposed to arrive.

A little more shoulder than the flat esp's, but definitely nowhere near the Swirly MJ's. Hoping to test fly them tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk