• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I'm not really hugely into either one.. I like my flat big Z meatball well enough though.. Good stability at 150' plus, less finesse up short than an ESP, but downhill or at 70 percent of my power it's a laser. Just happy to throw anything but stock stamps these days.

I really should have grabbed a couple of those sweet and simple Comet infinite stamps. I really liked those but by the time I looked the ones I would have wanted were being posted on here. That would have been groovy, if that happens again I'm going to get a couple.

If I remember right though I knew I had too many Comet's so I pulled out this coveted one that I had been storing. A yellow 3rd run ESP but grippier and firmer than any I have had. It flies sweet.

Last edited:
The sweet and simple is by far my favorite. Than the Saturn stamps, and the one in my bag right now, a esp swirl glow MJ. Love that stamp too

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I picked up a nice, orange swirl ESP Comet yesterday...I really need to throw Comets more because of how I compulsively buy them...:\

I'm not really hugely into either one.. I like my flat big Z meatball well enough though.. Good stability at 150' plus, less finesse up short than an ESP, but downhill or at 70 percent of my power it's a laser. Just happy to throw anything but stock stamps these days.

I really should have grabbed a couple of those sweet and simple Comet infinite stamps. I really liked those but by the time I looked the ones I would have wanted were being posted on here. That would have been groovy, if that happens again I'm going to get a couple.

If I remember right though I knew I had too many Comet's so I pulled out this coveted one that I had been storing. A yellow 3rd run ESP but grippier and firmer than any I have had. It flies sweet.
I have a friend who throws a Comet, but he's like a normal person so he had one ESP Comet. He would lose it all the time but always got it back. This fall he lost it and it seems to be gone. He called me up wanting to know if I had any ESP Comets that were not swirly; his was the old pre-swirl ESP and he claims there is a difference in how they fly and he wanted an old ESP Comet. All my old ESP Comets are 3rd run LE's; I told him I didn't have any. It was almost true; I didn't have any he could have. :|

He found an old one in a used bin and now he's happy. It won't last; he's going to lose this one, too.

Seriously, who has one Comet? :confused:

I have a friend who throws a Comet, but he's like a normal person so he had one ESP Comet. He would lose it all the time but always got it back. This fall he lost it and it seems to be gone. He called me up wanting to know if I had any ESP Comets that were not swirly; his was the old pre-swirl ESP and he claims there is a difference in how they fly and he wanted an old ESP Comet. All my old ESP Comets are 3rd run LE's; I told him I didn't have any. It was almost true; I didn't have any he could have. :|

He found an old one in a used bin and now he's happy. It won't last; he's going to lose this one, too.

Seriously, who has one Comet? :confused:

I don't have one Comet. I have two Comets. The number of Comets I have owned, however.... Apart from the one that wound up in a quarry pond with a 70 foot sheer drop around it, they all got lost in leaves. You wouldn't think a disc that size in bright colors would be hard to find in brown and green leaves, but I dunno. Disc gnomes?

Need to toot my own horn from this past weekend. While playing a mob-golf round, we had a hole that was 345 feet with trees on the left and guardian tree at the 300 mark. I pulled out one of my trusty LE Comets and gave it a rip right down the pipe and parked in 5 feet from the basket. The young whipper snappers in the group were in awe of this old mans ability to rip a comet past their Teebirds, Thunderbirds, Undertakers, etc.

Anybody picking up the ledgestone Cryztal comet and care to comment on how they cruise? (Had to add another alliterative)

There is a Ledgestone Cryztal Comet? First I've heard of it.

From last year.

I have one. It's very pretty but flexible and super slick. It flew like a Z with less glide. It's in my collection but not worth throwing as stock options fly better.

i.e. wall hangers

Last edited:
From last year.

I have one. It's very pretty but flexible and super slick. It flew like a Z with less glide. It's in my collection but not worth throwing as stock options fly better.

i.e. wall hangers
There was a sparkle Z last year that I feel the same way about the flight of. Really pretty disc; flies OK. I have a bunch of Comets I like the flight of more. If I had to throw it, it would be fine. I don't have to throw it, though.

There was a sparkle Z last year that I feel the same way about the flight of. Really pretty disc; flies OK. I have a bunch of Comets I like the flight of more. If I had to throw it, it would be fine. I don't have to throw it, though.

I thought the sparkle was Cryztal... it sure did not have any of the normal Z haze.

Never mind, I'll take your memory over mine on this issue.

From last year.

i.e. wall hangers

Butts, I was hoping for a comet with some fade and get rid of all the other mids. I guess we'll see how the 2020 mold flies

Butts, I was hoping for a comet with some fade and get rid of all the other mids. I guess we'll see how the 2020 mold flies
I'm a big fan of riding horses and listening to classical piano, but I'd never ask a horse to play piano. Just hang on to an overstable mid to pair with the Comets, otherwise you are going to waste a lot of time looking for a piano-playing horse.

Max weight Ti is going to be your best bet. They have the same HSS of Z but a bit more fade... but beat in super slow. They are stock so you don't have to wait for special runs.

Tour Glo Swirl is what you were wanting, but that was 2018. If the 2020 fly like you want, better buy a tall stack of them as that Discraft may not make that stability again for years.

Tour Glo Swirl is what you were wanting, but that was 2018. If the 2020 fly like you want, better buy a tall stack of them as that Discraft may not make that stability again for years.

I know we've hashed this out before in one of the previous pages. Do you mean the 2019's? My 2018's are flatter and noticeably straight flying. My 2019's have a higher shoulder and more dome and have a reliable fade on the end of their flight.

espcometglo.jpg

comet.19tour_1.jpg

I know we've hashed this out before in one of the previous pages. Do you mean the 2019's? My 2018's are flatter and noticeably straight flying. My 2019's have a higher shoulder and more dome and have a reliable fade on the end of their flight.

espcometglo.jpg

comet.19tour_1.jpg
Nah, he was talking about the 2018's. I think there is a general disagreement about those as I've had a lot of people tell me they are beefy and mine aren't. So I really try to avoid talking about them since mine don't seem to fly like other people say they do.

My 2019's are still sitting around, never been thrown. I have a lot of Comets. :\

Nah, he was talking about the 2018's. I think there is a general disagreement about those as I've had a lot of people tell me they are beefy and mine aren't. So I really try to avoid talking about them since mine don't seem to fly like other people say they do.

My 2019's are still sitting around, never been thrown. I have a lot of Comets. :\

My experience is the same as yours, I've had 3 2018s, lost one, throw another and have a backup, all 3 are on the US side and flatter. I have 1 2019 it's domeyer and more stable.

My experience is the same as yours, I've had 3 2018s, lost one, throw another and have a backup, all 3 are on the US side and flatter. I have 1 2019 it's domeyer and more stable.
I really struggled with the 2018's because I tried to get them to fly like a beefy mid and it wasn't working. Once I got it out of my head that it was going to fade and started paying attention to how it actually flies, it's been a workhorse in my bag.