• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Plus there is the dirty little secret that the original picture didn't have all my Comets in it, and the new picture doesn't have all the new Comets in it. :\ The ESP Comet that I was complaining about yesterday isn't in either of these pictures.

picture.php

The picture was just recent additions; all of theses Comets are still around:

picture.php

One of those pink Z's is in the middle on the right. My daughter stole the other one. :| The last time I saw it, it was in her boyfriends bag.

Smart boyfriend, taking the rainbow stamp. :thmbup:

Spikehyzer is a lost cause lol

Three Putt made me feel compelled to share my own addiction, as I now feel that this is a safe space:

Hello, my name is Stetz, and I have a Comet problem. At one point, when I stopped playing around 2012, I had around 20 - I gave away, and am kicking myself in the ass for it, several PFN Z's, and a few Elite-X's. I'll get back to that number soon though!

Worst way to display 7 discs I've ever seen:rolleyes:

The picture was just recent additions; all of theses Comets are still around:

picture.php

One of those pink Z's is in the middle on the right. My daughter stole the other one. :| The last time I saw it, it was in her boyfriends bag.

Legit shot, just line them up better next time:D

How sad is it that I of all people have the fewest Comets? I told a friend to hold onto my storage discs while I moved across the country, and all I had left when I moved back was my play bag. These 6 are all I have left... 😭

On a side note - I'd forgotten about those old, super stiff yellow Z Comets! Man those things fly like trash 🤣 if I wanted to throw something that flew like that, I'd throw a Buzzz!

Attachments

• 20220905_153041.jpg
    20220905_153041.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 37
Saw this bubblegum pink wonder bread stamp ESP and had to grab it. Not many people around me throw Comets, so when they restock at my local shop I usually have first picks on'em.

Attachments

• 3C72C199-6D90-4053-8AC9-7B3F23A62217_1_201_a.jpg
    3C72C199-6D90-4053-8AC9-7B3F23A62217_1_201_a.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 37
I got my Icons earlier this week, and haven't been able to get out at all and throw. I got a creamsicle (orange and white) and a cotton candy (blue/blurple and pink) swirlies, couldn't have asked for a better set of colors since ordering was sight unseen

Just got done throwing a putters/Comets round. Really love getting back used to throwing them. I've been clicking with them more and more since I got back to playing, and it's a bit hilarious the lines they open up at my home course. I only threw maybe three or four shots all round that I would've gotten a substantially better lie on with a driver.

Anyone else throw a Comet to shape a line where you go forward, then turn left and cruise straight a good distance, before approaching the basket? It wasn't a shot I used to really think about the Comet for, because I had this super beat in 150g ESP Flick that I used for it, but I threw a round last weekend with a couple holes like that, and was really pleased with the results. A steep flip, a straight cruise, and a gentle fade to the pin...

Anyone else throw a Comet to shape a line where you go forward, then turn left and cruise straight a good distance, before approaching the basket? It wasn't a shot I used to really think about the Comet for, because I had this super beat in 150g ESP Flick that I used for it, but I threw a round last weekend with a couple holes like that, and was really pleased with the results. A steep flip, a straight cruise, and a gentle fade to the pin...

I throw tons of hyzers with Comets, is that what you're talking about? Or are you lefty and talking about a throw with late turn?

I throw tons of hyzers with Comets, is that what you're talking about? Or are you lefty and talking about a throw with late turn?

Well there's the normal start-to-finish hyzer, and the hyzer-flip straight shot, I'm talking more something that goes straight, flips to a hyzer angle (flying at a dogleg left to the tee-pad), and fades to another, even more left angle. Throw at 0 degrees (relative direction to the tee-pad), flip to 45 degrees left carry, fade to 90 degrees left carry kinda thing, but varying on the angles.

Throw at 0 degrees (relative direction to the tee-pad), flip to 45 degrees left carry, fade to 90 degrees left carry kinda thing, but varying on the angles.

Some of us might need a drawing to explain that shot.

Does 0 degrees mean a flat release? I'm having trouble relating release angles to "tee pad direction".