• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
So...as for my impressions on the Comet... A quick way to sum it up would be "Wow."

My comparisons to my GL Fuse are as follows:
It is definitely more HSS than a Fuse.
It is definitely slower than a Fuse.
I can definitely throw it much farther than a Fuse.

My ESP Comet has replaced my Fuse. Throwing it yesterday at a local league sealed the deal. The Comet was flying beautifully and can handle much more snap/speed than I was giving it credit for. I took a 2 on a 445 foot hole (there's a small valley in the fairway and it was probably measured with a wheel, so its most likely a little under 400) that I've never birdied before. I haven't thrown it in any wind except a tailwind, but I could never throw my Fuse into anything other than that, so any decent performance in the wind will merely be a bonus.

It was flying well enough yesterday that I didn't even get a chance to test my Vector against my Buzzz. :D

You must have had a great drive on a 400' hole with a Comet to deuce it. I battled my Fuse against my Comet and the Comet won out.

Did you ever try throwing the Opto Fuse? My Opto was more stable than my GL and I felt it had a better shot against my Comet.

Hit a 60 foot putt or so for the second shot, so it wasn't all the Comet's work. ;)
The whole is slightly downhill anyways (~5 feet to the pin) and the valley is right before the pin, so it was probably a 340 foot shot with a 15-20 foot drop...the elevation change makes it a bit easier with a disc that glides like the Comet does.

So I'm looking for a nice, gradual dome right? Not a poppy top? Is there anything PLH-wise i should be concerned about?

I haven't found a non domey Comet from this ESP run yet. I've got Blues ones, watermelon ones, yellow ones... all domey as all hell.

I got a super flat yellow one from this run that is kind of champy, but i'm liking it more and more because it compliments the domey comets really well, it flies like a 5 year old roc.

lost a go-to beat dx Roc 180g, amazingly long and controllable, what Comet might be suitable as a replacement? Z or ESP and flat or domey?

Thanks!

if the roc was one that you could throw at any power level and it would always turn over then go with a flatter max weight elite x.

if it was dead straight and would hold any line you put it on get a domey esp or z comet, the z will be a little more overstable and not quite as glidey.

mickas said:
if the roc was one that you could throw at any power level and it would always turn over then go with a flatter max weight elite x.

if it was dead straight and would hold any line you put it on get a domey esp or z comet, the z will be a little more overstable and not quite as glidey.

word mickas, domey esp or z then, what weight?

can't go wrong with max weight, the comet is a disc that maintains it's glide very well as it goes up towards it's max weight, so 175+ is never a bad option, especially since you most likely want maximum control for the kinds of shots that most people use comets for.

Latest posts