• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Commentary pairs

Meillo

Eagle Member
The commentary by Kevin Jones and Luke Humphries on Gatekeeper Media (round 1) is great, IMO. They act great as a duo, playing well together, adding to each other. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_UCg7We9t0

More of that kind, please!

Big Sexy, of course, are another such pair, that matches well.

Much in contrast to the Emerson Keith and Zackeriath Johnson pair on GK Pro, which were more in conflict in their commentary, it seems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_HsUs2C3fo

The combination of Nate Perkins and Philo Brathwaite, too, didn't work well together. It's just the combination that didn't work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpfHPWqQ67U

I do like changing commentary, as each one brings in another style and focuses on other aspects of the game. Some people I don't like as much, but worse is a bad combination.

Ulibari and Perkins might be my favorite.

Two Hot Geese was the best FPO duo yet.

Much like most sports I watch regularly, I don't listen to commentary. Turn down the sound, put on some tunes. There is not much that I need or want to know about disc golf, from two talking heads.

What happened is that under the title card for Madison and Erika as commentators for the LVC, Terry had inserted a B-roll clip of two geese on the fairway (among other clips in the title sequence), so they started joking that they were the two hot geese. It kind of grew from there. By round four Terry had even added the hashtag to the title card.

n5IvX7M.jpg

Last edited:
The commentary by Kevin Jones and Luke Humphries on Gatekeeper Media (round 1) is great, IMO. They act great as a duo, playing well together, adding to each other. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_UCg7We9t0

Kevin Jones is a natural behind the mic, he was really good at commentary right out the gate with no experience, I'd imagine if it's something he likes doing he's got something there.

I've said it before and I'll gladly say it again: Ian is the very best host/play-by-play announcer because he draws out the best of whoever is commenting with him.

I agree with someone above that Ian and Nate Sexton were excellent together.

And #twohotgeese are good FPO commentators. Madison Walker has been outstanding for a while now...

Two Hot Geese ftw.

Ian and Sexton are a really good combo (and Ian is really good in any pair), but Big Sexy is still my favorite by a lot.

Jeremy Kolling and Simon Lizotte did really well in 2019, when Simon did the big German words right before the first round of the tournament, Big Germany is what the duo was nicknamed.

Ian is the perfect host for a pro. He really gets the best out of them.

Best so far:

Ian + KJUSA
Ian + Seppo
Ian + Sexton

Alone, or in any other configuration, I really like Ulibarri a lot. His dry sense of humor is great.

The Big in Big Sexy is way overrated IMO. He rarely has good intel to add, goes off on weird tangents, tries too hard to be funny, insists on a lot of stuff... Sexton only makes it bearable. If there were two guys like Jerm on there, itd be awful. If it was two guys like Sexton on there, it would be lovely. Double Sexy, anyone?

I doubt they ever will be broken up though, on Jomez at least.

Ulibarri for his dry humor, but I also think he does the best job overall. I like his breakdown of the holes, and he honestly seems to be paying attention. I like BigSexy, but sometimes Jeremy can get way off track.

Kevin Jones is my second favorite, so I'd really like to see Uli and Kevin together.

I agree about Uli and KJ. Both of those guys are excellent. Simon is always entertaining, especially if he's ripping on Eagle. But Sexton is the best imo. You could pair him with anyone and it would be entertaining. Hell even Ricky. We'll...maybe not Ricky

Latest posts