• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Commentary pairs

Ian is the perfect host for a pro. He really gets the best out of them.

Best so far:

Ian + KJUSA
Ian + Seppo
Ian + Sexton

Alone, or in any other configuration, I really like Ulibarri a lot. His dry sense of humor is great.

The Big in Big Sexy is way overrated IMO. He rarely has good intel to add, goes off on weird tangents, tries too hard to be funny, insists on a lot of stuff... Sexton only makes it bearable. If there were two guys like Jerm on there, itd be awful. If it was two guys like Sexton on there, it would be lovely. Double Sexy, anyone?

I doubt they ever will be broken up though, on Jomez at least.

I have to agree with your take on Big. I appreciate that he's dedicated to the craft of commentary and I have seen improvement. I just don't see how he so quickly turned into the unquestioned gold standard for so many.

If I could pick any combo, it would have to be SexyBeast. I love getting a glimpse into the mind of the greatest player in the game.

I liked the Missy/Madison combo and actually enjoy Jaimie Thomas a lot as well. Ian and Nate is another favorite, not the biggest Jerm fan, that that he's bad just not my favorite style.

I have to agree with your take on Big. I appreciate that he's dedicated to the craft of commentary and I have seen improvement. I just don't see how he so quickly turned into the unquestioned gold standard for so many.

If I could pick any combo, it would have to be SexyBeast. I love getting a glimpse into the mind of the greatest player in the game.

Mind pointing a fella in the direction of a sexybeast commentated round?

I cant remember which rounds they've done but SexyBeast is a pretty good pairing. I want to say it was the summer where jomez had a different pairing pretty much every tourney before Nate and Jerm became the go to. Either 2016 or 2017

I wonder what SexyAustralian would be like. Nate and the guy that does the disc golf comedy stuff...

Last edited:
If you need a back up, lmk. AJ just can't keep up with Nate and tries to hard when he's by himself. The CCDG vs Jomez at Fountain Hills was just bad.

For FPO, Stinchcomb and Fajkus would be a good pairing. I like Walker, but she's a little too "giggly".

Ian is the perfect host for a pro.

The ideal combo to my ears would be Terry Miller and Nate Sexton. Not talking about "what" they are saying, just commentating on the quality of the spoken word. Compare the spoken word of say Ian, Ricky, Drew to Nate Perkins, Nate Sexton, Terry Miller. Terry and the Nates have a superior professional sounding vocal delivery imop.

You know who might be entertaining? Brodie Smith. He's used making videos and commentary, and with where he is in his game right now he could probably ask some great questions and get some good knowledge out of a pro partner

I'll accept the role of hater and say that AJ and Sexton (Champs Chumps) should never happen again.

If you need a back up, lmk. AJ just can't keep up with Nate and tries to hard when he's by himself. The CCDG vs Jomez at Fountain Hills was just bad.

AJ needs to fade into the background like the C-List pro he actually is

I prefer the tangential style of 'BigSexy'. I don't need an Ian type commentator telling me word for word exactly what is happening on the screen, I can see for myself that Lizotte is lining up a 15' putt. I'd rather entertaining banter with strategy and game-play mixed in.

For FPO, Stinchcomb and Fajkus would be a good pairing. I like Walker, but she's a little too "giggly".

The few bits of FPO that Ive seen (mostly on Jomez best of reels) has always seemed very giggly to me. Must have been her on quite a few of those I guess. Turn off for me (re: disc golf videos. In many other contexts giggly women are a-ok)

Don't know if they have already done it or not, but Paige Pierce and Valerie Jenkins would be a good pair to me.

Latest posts