• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complete Satisfaction

JonRoc

Bogey Member
As Spring arises with this wonderful weather in KY, I have found myself playing disc golf everyday! Oddly enough though, even if I peruse the market on here, I cannot find even a slight desire to buy a disc or add to my collection. I have extra funds to buy stuff if I wanted but I find myself completely satisfied with the discs in my bag.

Such a weird feeling for me, I have always been a disc junky. Anyone else had this feeling?

If anything, I would just want duplicates of the discs I already have...

I'm close now, I picked up my super beat DX teebird again and forgot why I stopped throwing it. I almost cried yesterday when I almost put it in the creek. It would take forever for me to beat another one in to be able to fly that beautifully.

I think my bag is pretty set, just need to learn what I have.

Im with you jon.
Im more concerened with gear to keep me cool, warm, or dry. Im down to 30 challengers from 50, shed a dozen comets.
The only thing that brought me out was the glow undertow because i want to win the baskets.

I'm pretty sure I'm there. Set on molds and mostly stocked on backups, I can't think of anything else (aside from trying to lock down a few more 1.2 run SOLFs) that needs to go in the bag. It's a weird feeling though, browsing the marketplace for discs that I THINK I'd need, but just don't. Reading through the Equipment section, almost getting hooked on the latest hype discs and buying 'just to try'.

It'll be nice to see my wife's face go back to normal, instead of the usual twisted, contorted, ANOTHER BOX in the mail?? look I've grown all too used to. :p

16933795.jpg

First World Problems...
I went through this at TX States last weekend.

Have nothing more I want or really need. Found a great putter in the Pro D Focus and am going to pick up another 4 for backups. Wouldn't mind trying a Hawk but don't see them much.

I haven't stopped buying willy-nilly! I have tried all the new drivers in the last 6 months with nothing making the bag except maybe a Cannon (replaces my Boss) and a Blizzard Katana 150g. I'm about done for now.

It's been difficult to ignore the hype of new releases and new manufacturers. I imagine true long-time veterans pay little attention to such things, but just when I was satisfied with my bag Lat 64 released the Diamond. I couldn't not purchase a couple of Blizzard Wraiths, either-- and I'm frankly glad I did buy them. One of them made the bag right away.

There's nothing I need. They just keep coming out with new stuff that's hard to ignore.

Exactly. There are discs that I could and would definitely use but I don't need them and don't feel like spending the time to learn a new disc rather just perfect mine...It's a bittersweet feeling.

My bag is kinda settled now, just too many mid-ranges and no distance drivers.
I usually buy stuff I throw and collectibles now, although the occasional impulse buy is not unusual.

I bought a lot of plastic, Now I'm back to pretty much where my bags started, and I'm pretty happy with that, don't think I will change anything soon. Bag works great.
Looking for some back up still. (DX Pegasus)

I agree David. I've went through about 5 destroyers this year already between cliffs, water, snow and other. Hate to lose such great discs.

I'm not good/bad enough that new discs make a difference anymore. :|

I have gone from several transaction a week two only having 3 or 4 since October... I blame BrotherDave to be honest. Of course 90% of the stuff I was buying was for collecting and I now have pretty much everything (in my collection preference) so until I pick a different category to collect I will not have that, "Oh my god I don't have that one must buy" feeling.

Latest posts