• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Consistency vs Max Drive

zbyrd

Bogey Member
What is the distance between your max drive and the range you can throw with a good level of accuracy?

I can throw about 320' with considerable accuracy, but can only tack 30' or so on that when I just sling it. Obviously, for all intents and purposes, that 30' is easy to sacrifice for the huge boost in control, but it just seems like I should be able to max out with more than only 30 extra feet. Thinking optimistically, I guess it could be a good thing because it would signify that I am pretty well controlled near the top of my power range.

So what about you all?

I can throw about 325' with reasonable accuracy, and I can get 375' if I really wing it.

i can get 300 accuratley, and get 350 max with pretty good accuracy with my boss if it has room to come back.

With my noodle, Nancy Drew arm, I can get it out to about 250' with a fair degree of accuracy. I can go about 300' if I really sling it.

I would guess (from courses and the practice field) that The high end of my accuracy is about 325' without an X step, I find I lose quite a bit of control with all the leg work. With the whole deal together I would say I max at slightly over 400', and I mean slightly.

If i throw as hard as i can reach maybe 375, but with accuracy i can get maybe 300 on a good day.

Accuracy declines for me at about 300' -325'

My max distance I hit 500' the other day, assuming I was on a 600' hole. (Was originally posted at 602' but the sign has been ripped out, also it's not posted on the site. Going to do a google earth now.

Forehand throw btw. My backhand accuracy declines at about 250, distance maxes at about 325 right now, haven't measured it out though.

get a disc you can control and work with it for accuracy, i started reaching back further the day i got my TL, my drives have all looked like they are suposto with every disc and my game has improved so much.

It is hard to say where I loose accuracy. Loss of accuracy means that I did not hit the line I wanted to which doesn't necessarily relate to distance. I was throwing 375' accurately in the field the other day but couldn't hit beans over 300' today. On a good drive with some downhill I know I can go over 400' and I know that going up a good hill I will be lucky to get to 300'. I guess even on flat ground with a good drive and a helpful wind I could go over 400'. There are so many variables that it is really hard for me to answer this question.

not sure what my max d is , but on a dg course ive thrown 370+ on a flat wide open hole.
My consistent max d is in the 330-340 range and i throw more accurate in that distance than i do at my mid-range and sometimes my approach shots, i think its because its easier to judge the power needed or because i throw more shots in that range than anything else .Im pretty accurate around 300 too but it starts to drop below that.

It depends on how good you are at throwing distance lines. Personally, I max out at 350'-360' for golf shots and get out to 380'-400' for distance shots.

on a good throw my max drive is 290-300' (doesn't happen too often lol) with a small drop of in accuracy. but my approach shots are almost always accurate on distance and where i want them to land.

It is hard to say where I loose accuracy. Loss of accuracy means that I did not hit the line I wanted to which doesn't necessarily relate to distance. I was throwing 375' accurately in the field the other day but couldn't hit beans over 300' today. On a good drive with some downhill I know I can go over 400' and I know that going up a good hill I will be lucky to get to 300'. I guess even on flat ground with a good drive and a helpful wind I could go over 400'. There are so many variables that it is really hard for me to answer this question.

I agree. If I've got unlimited space to work in on flat ground I feel pretty accurate up to about 320 but force me through a tunnel 50 feet out and that falls to something like 120! Max D while playing is in the low to mid 400s.

It all depends. Im more comfortable throwing my max D for each disc than trying to finesse a shorter shot. Shots between 60-225' kill me.