• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cool find

Yet another reason to keep discs with no phone number on 'em. :puts on flame retardant suit:

Ha thats funny.

I don't think I would have figured out what "WS" meant.

-------

That is too bad though. Sometimes people are just cranky, I know I am every now and then.

At PW2007, I lost a really important Orc in one of the doubles rounds.

While looking for that disc, I found Ken "Tank" Franks Starfire. After the round, I saw him and went up to him. He was talking with KC about losing that disc and how upset he was. I said "oh Ken, here it is. I found it during the round." Well, he was stoked, obviously.

I then said "yeah I was looking for my Orc on that hole. I'm hoping that returning this disc to you will get me some karma."

Then KC says "oh yeah, I meant to tell you, I found it" and had it with him.

Probably my favorite lost disc story - no b/c it involved KC, just that three people involved happened to be all talking about the discs being lost and we had them all through other people.

Ha thats funny.

I don't think I would have figured out what "WS" meant.

Same here. Maybe a month from now while dozing off or something I might have put it together.

That is too bad though. Sometimes people are just cranky, I know I am every now and then.

i have not meet Will but he seems like a very nice guy on all the videos i've seen. everyone has a bad day.

Everyone is entitled to a bad day but, being a sponsored player, it is his job is to suck it up and be cheerful while promoting his brand and sport. A simple thanks and maybe a handshake goes a long ways.

Everyone is entitled to a bad day but, being a sponsored player, it is his job is to suck it up and be cheerful while promoting his brand and sport. A simple thanks and maybe a handshake goes a long ways.

Well said!

we need one of those cat pics now, the cat should be holding a phone and be sayin "i has ur disc" or soemthing stupid like that the way they always do

Remember that pros are just like you and me. Sometimes they play good, sometimes bad. Good days, bad days etc. I give discs back all the time and all I get is a thank you.

Agreed, they're human, and subject to all the shortcomings we all have. I have crappy days, too, but If anyone ever comes to return one of my discs, and I don't say "thank you," please punch me in the mouth and keep the disc.

"Cool, I was looking for that" and he walks away. Not even a "Thank You." After the round, I walked up to him while he was signing discs and had him sign one (only so I could bring up the conversation). I asked "Hey man, did you use that putter today?" He asked which putter and I told him "the one I found and returned."

"Nope" was his response. He didn't even stay for the awards. Apparently he threw a fit yesterday because they gave him a stroke. He was in water and threw a provisional 50' back, which is too far away from the disc. So maybe he was just pissed off all day but a simple "Thanks" would've been appreciated. I wasn't expecting anything in return...

Apparently being a pro means you don't have to be courteous.

^ this. All he had to do was extend simple common courtesy, and this thread's a lot shorter, and no one thinks he's a DB.

True! Will signed it too...but I might acetone that part ;) Haha jk!
I'd say he's earned it. Granted, you have a small sample size to judge him by, but how cool he is to others doesn't matter to me. I judge people by how they interact with me... it's hard to base your opinions on how they interact with others.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Last edited:
we need one of those cat pics now, the cat should be holding a phone and be sayin "i has ur disc" or soemthing stupid like that the way they always do

Ask and ye shall receive (complete with obligatory internet spelling)

contact-cat.jpg

On a side note, Climo is probably my favorite player to watch. He had a huge smile on his face the entire time and was cracking jokes all day! He signed a disc for me and was a really cool guy!

Seeing him bust out the 360 driving on hole 4 and outdriving everyone was kinda cool.

Sounds very unlike him, i dont know him personally at all, but my friends shop sponsors him and he has always gushed about what a nice kid he is. Not just around mixed company but in private as well.

Im not surprised though, he's a young guy, and im sure touring is stressful as hell. But if i were you id be a little bummed also, im sure he does appreciate you doing that, maybe youll see him in the future and your next encounter will be more pleasant.

Seeing him bust out the 360 driving on hole 4 and outdriving everyone was kinda cool.

Haha! Oh man I wasn't expecting it at all! 360 on a HUGE uphill...that's why he's the Champ!

It is so sad to have someone fail to live up to your expectations. :(

This is exactly it. Before I gave the disc to him, everyone was saying "maybe he'll let you keep it" or "maybe he'll give you something for it." That would've been a bonus...but I wasn't expecting either of those to happen. Just a simple conversation with a top professional was okay with me. I was pumped for a cool story later on, but that's out the window now. Oh well, I did the right thing.

What a D!!!! Not even a simple THANK YOU! I dont care how bad your day is going, somebody waste there own time to bring you a disc you lost and you dont really say anything.......wow