• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Baggers

I was in that area last fall, Bryce Canyon is an easy visit, when we were there, you can drive to the end of the park, then hit all the overlooks on the way back to see the best sites, pretty easy to do from the car. :ROFLMAO: Zion on the other hand, uses Shuttle buses most of the year, so you have to ride that in, pick your hike, then shuttle back out, kind of time consuming. The Dinosaur museum in St. George was pretty cool.

The course in Springdale (Zion) had waterline construction when I was there, but was able to play "most" of the holes. Toquerville, was an easy short 9er to bag (not too far off the highway), Grandpa's Pond is the best in the St. George area, Pine View had flood control construction going on (probably done by now), Mathis is a pretty good 9er right in St.George.
Thank you sir, great info.

It's amazing how when I'm on a DG trip I can get 5-6 hours of sleep on an air mattress in the back of my car and still feel GREAT. Yes, I'm tired when I wake up for all of 15 minutes and then I start driving again at 4:30-5 AM to not waste daylight. I feel so alive and the time outdoors just gives me an energy I shouldn't have with all the miles I'm hiking up and down. I'm 34; I hope I can still do it in 30 years but I already feel more tired than 10 years ago! Disc golf keeps me younger than home improvement does.
Dude, same. When I'm home and on the work week, it feels like I can't get enough sleep during the week; and because I get to be a night owl on the weekends, my sleep just always feels lacking. But when I'm on a DG trip, I can get little to no sleep and be good to go (Lion runs a FULL day's schedule on trips lol). I started bagging courses hardcore (for me, not compared to some) 9 years ago and I feel it more and more after each trip, but it's nothing an Epsom salt soak doesn't fix.

I resonate with a lot of what @Pizza God is saying, but it seems like we are on different schedules. I'm definitely more of an early bird than a night owl, though sometimes I try to cheat and do both with poor results.
I just have a wandering mind and have the ability to stay awake for longer than I should. When I lived in St. Louis I would drive to my Mom's in Ohio (10 hour drive) after my closing shift at 230am and get to her place at like 1pm and just take a nap before spending a few days hanging out.

Don't get me wrong, It's probably not good for me to do what I do.

I am really really driven. I can't explain it. I sometimes feel like I am going to drop and it does take me longer to play the courses later in the day. I do bring my cart and will sit in the shade and rest for a few min every few holes.

While I would like to get 8 hours of sleep a night, I don't have a history of this, I have always been a "night owl" and not a morning person.
Same here on the night owl aspect of life. It doesn't seem to matter if i get 12 hours or 2 hours of sleep the night before, I can stay up until 6am or longer once the sun comes out and I'm driving.

I don't have a cart, but a nice Legacy backpack that doesn't make me feel overburdened by the end of the day. Not having the cart really makes me appreciate courses with benches since I also enjoy taking breaks during rounds to keep my momentum all day.

Well, I did get in 9 courses yesterday, 28 1/2 hours with 1158 miles driven.

I got lucky, the wife went with me this time. I left late, but she drove for 2 hours while I took a nap.

The best part, she drove 4 of the 7 hour drive home.

So, while I skipped a course to get the others in, I am glad my wife went with me. (she does slow me down) if for no other reason other than I would not have gotten home till this morning instead of getting home around 4:30am.

I was cramping bad. I take water with me, but am pushing so hard while playing, I don't stop to take a drink.

Well, I did get in 9 courses yesterday, 28 1/2 hours with 1158 miles driven.

I got lucky, the wife went with me this time. I left late, but she drove for 2 hours while I took a nap.

The best part, she drove 4 of the 7 hour drive home.

So, while I skipped a course to get the others in, I am glad my wife went with me. (she does slow me down) if for no other reason other than I would not have gotten home till this morning instead of getting home around 4:30am.

I was cramping bad. I take water with me, but am pushing so hard while playing, I don't stop to take a drink.

You're a crazy man. How do you not have time to take a drink?

It takes three seconds.

Are You Insane GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I just got home from a week long trip to Savannah/Charleston/Myrtle Beach/Wilmington+. Played 51 new courses in 9 days. Eclipsed 100+ courses played in Georgia, 100+ in South Carolina, 100+ in North Carolina, and 2,200+ overall during the trip. I'm sure I'll do a full report on the road trip board at some point.

How long after you all get back from a trip before you're already planning your next route? I've literally only just got home 4 hours ago and im already scouting out the areas around my parents and in-laws for next year. I've also started working out different routes within my home state of Florida to be able to bag everything listed within a 5 hour round trip.

I haven't wanted to play like this in years (hence my join date, but lack of participation), and I'm stoked to get bit by the bug again.
I tend to have 4 or 5 routes set up at all times. That way I can just pick a day and play timing/weather by ear.

I tend to have 4 or 5 routes set up at all times. That way I can just pick a day and play timing/weather by ear.
I currently have a dozen routes set up in order to bag the entire West Coast of Florida in about 6 months worth of weekend day trips. Lol

I currently have a dozen routes set up in order to bag the entire West Coast of Florida in about 6 months worth of weekend day trips. Lol
After Idalia, probably can knock a couple of those courses off your list. They're going to get hammered down there.

Like @Stardoggy just said, I do have several routes in the works.

I calculate my rounds by starting the first course at sunrise, then budget 5 min per hole. So a 9 hole course is 45min and an 18 hole course is 1 1/2 hours.

When calculating drive time, I just use google maps and round the time up to the nearest 15 min mark.

When it's really hot, I try to drive 30min between courses to give me time to rest and cool off.

But to answer your question, After doing that 1158 mile trip, as soon as I was on my computer again, I was looking at my next trips and trying to calculate the best way to maximize clearing out Kansas.

Today, I already looked up all the Arkansas courses I have not played. I found out about a new course in Arkansas that is not listed on DGCR. That gives me at least 6 courses I know I could get to.

I try to get in at least 5 minimum.

After Idalia, probably can knock a couple of those courses off your list. They're going to get hammered down there.
Even if they get levelled, I'll still run safari rounds where I can access.

Like @Stardoggy just said, I do have several routes in the works.

I calculate my rounds by starting the first course at sunrise, then budget 5 min per hole. So a 9 hole course is 45min and an 18 hole course is 1 1/2 hours.

When calculating drive time, I just use google maps and round the time up to the nearest 15 min mark.

When it's really hot, I try to drive 30min between courses to give me time to rest and cool off.
I like this strategy because it's fairly close to the strategy I already use.

I also try to start as close to sunrise as possible. I account for some 9 hole courses to have really short holes and mark each of them at 40 minutes. Even on the most difficult courses, I also call 18 hole course 90 minutes due to stopping to have a toke and a snack a couple times.

I also round up my Google maps times to account for traffic or food/gas/etc. stops. I don't worry about the drive times between courses being longer, i typically try to hit towns that have multiple courses in a cluster to cut down my daily driving time to give me more course time.

Right now I'm trying to plan a trip that's 8hr away with multiple stops there and back so I don't get bored or exhausted while driving.

But to answer your question, After doing that 1158 mile trip, as soon as I was on my computer again, I was looking at my next trips and trying to calculate the best way to maximize clearing out Kansas.

Today, I already looked up all the Arkansas courses I have not played. I found out about a new course in Arkansas that is not listed on DGCR. That gives me at least 6 courses I know I could get to.

I try to get in at least 5 minimum.
Same, as soon as we were in the car driving home from up north, I was on my phone setting up in state routes that allow me to get 5+ courses per trip and have the round trip knocked out in a single day, allowing me to knock out the entire Central and Southwestern coasts of Florida in about 6 months.

Serpent Quarry sounds like fun time.🫤

"18 pole holes on old quarry lands with poisonous snakes both copperheads and timber rattlers. You must sign a release and play at your own risk. (I prefer not to play during the heat of summer). There is lots of hills on the course."

Serpent Quarry sounds like fun time.🫤

"18 pole holes on old quarry lands with poisonous snakes both copperheads and timber rattlers. You must sign a release and play at your own risk. (I prefer not to play during the heat of summer). There is lots of hills on the course."
Yea, I just read that description, not at the top of my list ... or anywhere on my list!

Probably won't matter, since the location is listed as Lat 0.0 and Long 0.0, good luck finding that one!

Even if they get levelled, I'll still run safari rounds where I can access.
I've had my eye on the course in Cedar Key, sticks out in the Gulf and over 40 miles from the nearest course, would look so cool on my Map!

If we make it to the Gulf coast of FL this winter, I'll get up there an play whatever is left!! ;)

You know you're a serious bagger when...
"Your courses played map provides absolutely no clue whatsoever as to where you live."

Two such examples below.
Martin Dewg and TVK

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230905-142035.png
    Screenshot_20230905-142035.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230905-141953.png
    Screenshot_20230905-141953.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
"Your courses played map provides absolutely no clue whatsoever as to where you live."

Two such examples below.
Martin Dewg and TVK
It's clear Martin doesn't live in eastern Oregon and TVK doesn't live in the panhandle of Oklahoma.

Two such examples below.
Martin Dewg and TVK
The second map is definitely someone in CA/OR/WA. But still ambiguous as to which lolol

I posted this yesterday on Facebook. If things go as planned, I will be on the road in 23 hours from now.

11pm - 6AM Drive (got 45 min for nap/stops)
6:45am-7:30am - Buffalo City Park (9) - Buffalo MO
7:30am-8:15am- Drive
8:15am-9:00am - Windermere DGC (9) - Roach MO
9:00am-10:00am - Drive
10:00am-10:45am- Versailles DGC (9) - Versailles MO
10:45am-11:15am - Drive
11:15am-12:00pm - Proctor Lake Park (9) - California MO
12:00pm-1:00pm - Drive
1:00pm-3:00pm - Course #1600 - Harmony Bend (18) - Columbia MO
3:00pm-3:45pm - Drive
3:;45pm-5:15pm - Holts Summit (18) - Jefferson City MO
5:15pm-6:15pm - Drive
6:15pm-7:45pm - Dragon Ridge (18) - Camdenton MO
It's a 7 hour drive home from there. If I go solo, I expect to stop for a couple of naps. As long as I get home by 2pm Friday so I can get to work around 2:30, I will be good.

Oh, I do have a backup after Jefferson City if I am running behind. There is an 18 and a 9 hole course in Eldon, If running behind, I may hit one of those instead. Or, if I play quickly, I may skip Dragon Ridge and head on to Lebanon to hit Jared Hilton. ONLY so I get a shorter drive home afterwards.

I posted this yesterday on Facebook. If things go as planned, I will be on the road in 23 hours from now.

11pm - 6AM Drive (got 45 min for nap/stops)
6:45am-7:30am - Buffalo City Park (9) - Buffalo MO
7:30am-8:15am- Drive
8:15am-9:00am - Windermere DGC (9) - Roach MO
9:00am-10:00am - Drive
10:00am-10:45am- Versailles DGC (9) - Versailles MO
10:45am-11:15am - Drive
11:15am-12:00pm - Proctor Lake Park (9) - California MO
12:00pm-1:00pm - Drive
1:00pm-3:00pm - Course #1600 - Harmony Bend (18) - Columbia MO
3:00pm-3:45pm - Drive
3:;45pm-5:15pm - Holts Summit (18) - Jefferson City MO
5:15pm-6:15pm - Drive
6:15pm-7:45pm - Dragon Ridge (18) - Camdenton MO
It's a 7 hour drive home from there. If I go solo, I expect to stop for a couple of naps. As long as I get home by 2pm Friday so I can get to work around 2:30, I will be good.

Oh, I do have a backup after Jefferson City if I am running behind. There is an 18 and a 9 hole course in Eldon, If running behind, I may hit one of those instead. Or, if I play quickly, I may skip Dragon Ridge and head on to Lebanon to hit Jared Hilton. ONLY so I get a shorter drive home afterwards.

You're an animal lol.

Harmony bends is fantastic. You'll love it. I preferred that over Eagles crossing but it kind of depends on your tastes. Great course for 1600 🤯

I haven't played any of the others except Holts Summit. Sneaky great course. I'd make sure to get that one in if possible. I loved it.

And if you want to wonder why you do this to yourself there's always the 6 hole deal nearby. Disc golf in a dog park? 🤣

And if you want to wonder why you do this to yourself there's always the 6 hole deal nearby. Disc golf in a dog park? 🤣
I mean, how often does one get the chance to play (one of) the best course(s) in the world at Harmony Bends, and then within 30 minutes, play one of the worst courses in the world at Ashland City Park? #perfectday

Latest posts