• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

course luxuries you like to see

gottafixit

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I ran into the marketing director of blue mountain resorts in PA, and he was doing some research for the two 18 holes course they plan to put on the mountain. He wanted to know what people like to see other than design on the course. I gave the i'm sure obvious answers of most likely concrete tees, benches, trash cans, bag holders.

If you were going to have to pay to play what are the things you would want to see?

If this thread has some good replies i'll send him an email with the feedback and hopefully that will make those courses better before they even get in the ground.

Here are my suggestions:
Make sure that the course signage makes it very clear where the basket is, and how to get to the next tee. Newer players, and players who will just be traveling through and playing the course once will enjoy their round much more if they don't have to do a bunch of wandering around just to figure out the course layout.

Even though it's not a big deal to me, some of the women I've played with get pretty annoyed if there's not a bathroom available on the course.

On a mountain course where it's a really long walk to play the course, I like being able to resupply my water at some point on the course, as I drink a ton when I'm playing.

bathroom, water, practice baskets, pavilion, grills, pool

Complimentary Asian massage after the round.

If there are alt pins have a way of showing what the basket is in. Tuscawilla park in Daytona has done it best so far that I have seen by having a little wooden disc with a number on it screwed into the sign. Luckily one of the pins was in the 1 position because we wouldn't have figured out what they were (they were all in 3 mostly and when you see P3 you immediately think par).

I ran into the marketing director of blue mountain resorts in PA, and he was doing some research for the two 18 holes course they plan to put on the mountain. He wanted to know what people like to see other than design on the course. I gave the i'm sure obvious answers of most likely concrete tees, benches, trash cans, bag holders.

If you were going to have to pay to play what are the things you would want to see?

If this thread has some good replies i'll send him an email with the feedback and hopefully that will make those courses better before they even get in the ground.

bag holders? i have never seen these, do you have any pics?

I think quality signage is a must for a good course, tee signs and if it is not apparent then a sign pointing to the next tee after the basket. Also I really like courses that have alternate pin positions, which is why it is so disappointing if there is only one permanent basket per hole. I would strongly suggest that if there are going to be alternate positions then there should be multiple permanent baskets when the course is finished.

I would strongly suggest that if there are going to be alternate positions then there should be multiple permanent baskets when the course is finished.
I'd also suggest if there are going to be two sets of baskets per hole, make sure that they're distinguishable from one another to prevent confusion. Different colors would help.

Other than that, bathrooms would be good, as would benches and if possible, a pro shop. I can do without bag holders.

I like to have benches near each tee. Also, I like to have good signage and direction around the course

Trash cans are a big plus. Signage that helps you find the next tee. Signage that includes distance, OB, mandos etc.

Cant believe this hasnt been said yet......HOT CARTGIRLS!!!!

Latest posts