• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

So are there any Discraft discs I need to try? Anything I don't have covered or that you liked better than what I'm currently using?

You have the Heat, so you might find the Avenger SS to be redundant, but I find it to be Discraft's main gem in an otherwise average fairway driver lineup.

I've never tried it, but the DGA Pipeline looks to be the closest thing to a teebird they have. It's an 8 speed too I believe.

As far as Undertakers, you can get them in pretty much every plastic too. So you should be able to find something that you'll like. The Stalker is a 7 speed probably most similar to your River. Kind of an odd mold in the hand though. Also very limited plastics for it. Just Z I believe, unless you find a special run (Ledgestone ESP, PP Cryztal).

Ledgestone has PP Ti swirly ones, and PP has a stock run of ESP as well as the stock Z and Hailey King's TS Z (which are absolutely amazing btw). I know Pro-D Stalkers exist, and I thought X Stalkers did at one point.

I forgot about the tour series and I didn't know they had ESP. What I meant was they're harder to find in regular production runs. I don't know if they make X at all. Not that I've seen at least.

I've heard that the Z/Champ plastics are actually pretty low margin.

Of course, I can't recall where right now.

Yes. I understand when you fold in the costs that it isnt only costing Discraft a dollar to make.

I was speaking of plastic in general. Its kinda crazy they are able to get us to spend 20$ on 175 grams of plastic.

Thinking this way keeps me from buying ALL the discs

Where are the PP ESP Buzzz's? She said they're on the OS side. I'd like to get one. The ones with the large 'PAIGE PIERCE' stamp on them.

Where are the PP ESP Buzzz's? She said they're on the OS side. I'd like to get one. The ones with the large 'PAIGE PIERCE' stamp on them.

She said the swirly Z are coming out more OS. They are available for pre-order on sunking

I forgot about the tour series and I didn't know they had ESP. What I meant was they're harder to find in regular production runs. I don't know if they make X at all. Not that I've seen at least.

It was I thought something you could only get in the 2000's an Elite X Stalker for tournaments only at the same time the Elite X Wasp was out. But maybe I am wrong?

Why does discraft have the stalker in just z? I know about the limited edition runs. I just want a stock run of stalker in esp or big z. I think with Hailey king and PP bringing the stalker to the spot light they could cash in. I'm clamoring for a swirly esp stalker.

Anyone else pick up a Ledgestone Rubber-blend Zone? This blend is money, it feels amazing, kinda like a more durable jawbreaker. I love the flight too, less stable than my ESP/Zs while still resisting that turnover when powered up. Feels like this will be my new approach disc ~150' and in.

I wonder if Discraft will go ahead and add this plastic/rubber blend to their lineup, I dread not being able to replace this thing when the time comes.

Why does discraft have the stalker in just z? I know about the limited edition runs. I just want a stock run of stalker in esp or big z. I think with Hailey king and PP bringing the stalker to the spot light they could cash in. I'm clamoring for a swirly esp stalker.

I have a pair of PP's signature ESP Stalker. They exist, and I suspect they will continue to be produced similarly to what happens with McBeth's signature discs.

they had stock pro d stalkers a few years ago

Anyone else pick up a Ledgestone Rubber-blend Zone? This blend is money, it feels amazing, kinda like a more durable jawbreaker. I love the flight too, less stable than my ESP/Zs while still resisting that turnover when powered up. Feels like this will be my new approach disc ~150' and in.

I wonder if Discraft will go ahead and add this plastic/rubber blend to their lineup, I dread not being able to replace this thing when the time comes.
From what I hear it is the same blend as the current run of Luna. I don't forsee it being a stock plastic for anything other than the Luna. Most of the Ledgestone stuff is once and gone.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

When did Titanium come out to when it was made for production? that is number of years between those two dates.

When did Rubber Blend come out?

Then take that time of Rubber Blend coming out to now subtracted by when Titanium was finally produced and you have an about time to when Rubber Blend Could be made at the earliest if it can be made at all for regular production. If this is negative, then we most likely will not see the Rubber Blend come out for regular production.

I also have a feeling for regular disc sales that Jawbreaker will keep being made and not replaced with Rubber Blend to increase sales having to buy a new disc every 2-4 years or so if you play a lot/putting practice. Even modern Pro D is more durable then Jawbreaker. Now if they made a Soft X that was not as flexible as Soft X is but soft like missing the thin outer gloss, it would sell well for Disc Golf players unhappy there is not a less flex plastic for some putters that is more durable then Pro D or Jawbreaker. I mean even Innova is listening to what players as well as pro players sponsored by Innova and making more of its putters putters in a stiff baseline for putting like XT, even DX is in most runs and discs stiffer then Pro D and stiff enough premium for driving in Star or Champion.

Last edited:
When did Titanium come out to when it was made for production? that is number of years between those two dates.

When did Rubber Blend come out?

Then take that time of Rubber Blend coming out to now subtracted by when Titanium between time from out to full production and you have an about time to when Rubber Blend Could be made at the earliest if it can be made at all for regular production. If this is negative, then we most likely will not see the Rubber Blend come out for regular production.

I also have a feeling for regular disc sales that Jawbreaker will keep being made and not replaced with Rubber Blend to increase sales having to buy a new disc every 2-4 years or so if you play a lot/putting practice. Even modern Pro D is more durable then Jawbreaker. Now if they made a Soft X that was not as flexible as Soft X is but soft like missing the thin outer gloss, it would sell well for Disc Golf players unhappy there is not a less flex plastic for some putters that is more durable then Pro D or Jawbreaker. I mean even Innova is listening to what players as well as pro players sponsored by Innova and making more of its putters putters in a stiff baseline for putting like XT, even DX is in most runs and discs stiffer then Pro D and stiff enough premium for driving in Star or Champion.

Fixed my post, made mistake.

From what I hear it is the same blend as the current run of Luna. I don't forsee it being a stock plastic for anything other than the Luna. Most of the Ledgestone stuff is once and gone.

I honestly am not sure about the makeup of the blend, but it doesn't feel like the Luna blend at all. The Luna rubber-blend is very smooth and stiff/firm/hard. The blend on these Zones is soft, slightly tacky, and has a lot of flex. When I ordered them I figured it would be the Luna blend, but in the end they only look a bit similar, in hand they definitely are not.

I honestly am not sure about the makeup of the blend, but it doesn't feel like the Luna blend at all. The Luna rubber-blend is very smooth and stiff/firm/hard. The blend on these Zones is soft, slightly tacky, and has a lot of flex. When I ordered them I figured it would be the Luna blend, but in the end they only look a bit similar, in hand they definitely are not.
Have you felt the newest run of Lunas? The plastic has changed quite a bit from earlier runs.

Have you felt the newest run of Lunas? The plastic has changed quite a bit from earlier runs.

Nah I sure haven't. I like the Lunas I have quite a bit though, and if they changed the blend to the same thing as these Zones then I'll be pretty disappointed. I like both blends, but for my putts I really like the harder slick feel, like p-line P2s and the Lunas I already have. I guess I'll pick one up to see how different they are.

In Pauls latest video he throws a "mystery disc" , ,looks like fairway and it goes dead straight. . new disc in Pauls line?

Latest posts