• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CRANK!

Got mine today. Glows GREEN. The stamp makes it a Heisenberg Crank. Didn't notice that till I had it in my hands. fh-scts az? Thanks Infinite!

As far as distance potential goes how much farther will a crank fly than a hurricane? I get my hurricanes out to 425+ no problem, will the crank add distance or should I just stick with the canes?

As far as distance potential goes how much farther will a crank fly than a hurricane? I get my hurricanes out to 425+ no problem, will the crank add distance or should I just stick with the canes?

Well I throw my most beat Force out to about 400 on a good pull. My Crank gets there with less effort, but I can get it out to about 450-475 with the same effort it takes to throw my Force 400.

You look to have a very solid setup. But giving the Crank a try would be worth it. It has definitely given me distance with ease and doesn't need much room to work its line.

Anyone been able to compare a champ Tern to an ESP Crank? I love how flat ESP drivers are and wouldn't mind a Tern type disc with a bit more stability. I also love the Tern but from what I've read the KC Terns fly the same as the stock champs.

Anyone been able to compare a champ Tern to an ESP Crank? I love how flat ESP drivers are and wouldn't mind a Tern type disc with a bit more stability. I also love the Tern but from what I've read the KC Terns fly the same as the stock champs.

I would try a Z Crank first. ESP Cranks are great because they just go straight. Z Cranks are going to be a bit more stable.

I would try a Z Crank first. ESP Cranks are great because they just go straight. Z Cranks are going to be a bit more stable.

My plan was to find something a tick more stable than my champ Tern tho, so basically I'm asking if the ESP Crank is tangibly more stable than the champ Tern.

I do want it to go straight in general, I use my Tern almost exclusively for max d.

My plan was to find something a tick more stable than my champ Tern tho, so basically I'm asking if the ESP Crank is tangibly more stable than the champ Tern.

I do want it to go straight in general, I use my Tern almost exclusively for max d.

I threw the Champ Tern and would say the ESP is probably the same stability for me. I haven't thrown the Z but I would say you probably would want either a Z Crank or ESP Force.

I threw the Champ Tern and would say the ESP is probably the same stability for me. I haven't thrown the Z but I would say you probably would want either a Z Crank or ESP Force.

Yes actually I bought an ESP Force already lol. Looking forward to throwing it this spring. Sisyphus has an ESP Crank in the MP for cheap so I'm going give it a shot.

Yes actually I bought an ESP Force already lol. Looking forward to throwing it this spring. Sisyphus has an ESP Crank in the MP for cheap so I'm going give it a shot.

I would also speculate that the ESP production runs of this disc will be more stable because almost all of the new ESP Cranks have slight to moderate domes on them. The first run Cranks were flat as a board.

I would also speculate that the ESP production runs of this disc will be more stable because almost all of the new ESP Cranks have slight to moderate domes on them. The first run Cranks were flat as a board.

:confused: My First Run Crank is domey.

You are making a pretty big generalisation there.

I looked through 25 first run z this weekend. Pinks and yellow were domey, purple and blue were flat.

I had a domey blue first run, although most of the blue FRs I've seen have been flat. My pink FR and my Heisenburg both have slight dome. They look identical as far as dome and PLH.

Crank shmank. Got to thinking I should test drive this disc last weekend. Field tested and bagged it. I dunno, maybe this disc is too particular for my slop form. I have a hard time controlling it. Was getting everything from straight with hard fade to turn and burn cut rollers. It is fast and does reward a good throw. Only positive I have is that it did net me my longest recorded drive. Got it just shy of 500' on a slight dh hole.

The ESP I received definitely has a dome to it, but I'm fine with that if it will bring a bit more stability. Also the rim is not as big as I was expecting and feels nice in the hand. Looking forward to getting out and throwing this.

I'll post some profile pics later to compare the Force, SurgeSS, and Avenger with it.

Last edited:
ESP Force on left, ESP Crank on the right. I wanted to use a couple other discs for reference but it wouldn't have shown the profile close enough.

095d677a-a1cb-4b48-a2bf-1a9982aa2122_zps51335432.jpg

Latest posts