• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CRANK!

I have to say - I am really impressed with the Z Crank. The First Run batch that I have are so much more useful to me on the course compared to a Nuke. I am hitting 350 - 400 with my forehand again, without hurting my shoulder / elbow. On backhand throws I love the gentle / gradual turn with phenomenal glide. Well done Discraft!

I bought a Z Crank 165g to be an understable complement to my Hurricanes but found it to be pretty beefy with not much glide. It is very flat. Should I try a different one? For reference I throw flippy/glidey stuff 400 ft. if I grunt.

The PLH is higher than I thought it would be:

Crank002.jpg

The Cranks I have found with a very smooth dome are much more overstable, than the Cranks with almost a Vulcan plate. I'll post some pictures up later of the differences.

I loved the Crank....I switched to a D4 for the same type of shot.....although I love the Prodigy Plastic, the Cranks flightpath is what I expected the D4 to be......I may switch back to a Crank

I bought a Z Crank 165g to be an understable complement to my Hurricanes but found it to be pretty beefy with not much glide. It is very flat. Should I try a different one? For reference I throw flippy/glidey stuff 400 ft. if I grunt.

I have a first run ESP Crank and it definitely has some dome and a slightly lower PLH than your Z. It is also fairly understable, especially at 400 ft of power, but not so understable that it turns and burns. I'd recommend looking at an ESP Crank; I'd guess they are less stable than Z's. Hopefully it's not just the first runs.

The Cranks I have found with a very smooth dome are much more overstable, than the Cranks with almost a Vulcan plate. I'll post some pictures up later of the differences.

But I thought Discraft was supposed to be so much more consistent than everyone else. :popcorn:

I threw my 174 z crank today. RHBH. It was not what I expected at all. For me it is more overstable than the brand new cryztal nuke I have. It pulls hard left, not much of a straight line flight, even when i tried to put anhyzer on it. I was throwing well today. I can easily throw a nuke ss 350' with less than full power. For me the 1.3 stability rating and flight charts do not match what I experienced today. I'll keep it around for awhile, and it will be something I use when my slightly worn in destroyer isn't overstable enough. Maybe I got a weird one.

When it comes to overstability, Z > ESP. That being said, see what happens when you break it in a little more.

I have a brand new ESP Crank, domey. Got to throw it today and it flew just as understable as my beat up champ Tern. Easy to flip up into a straighter drive with some fade at the end.

It's the only one I own or have thrown so w/e

I recently got a first run Z Crank, and it definely goes far. But I have to hyzer the crap out of it and give it air. I'd describe it as a seasoned nuke like the op said.

Only time will tell if it will replace the D3....

I have been throwing Destroyer as my main max D driver. Yesterday I decided to throw Z Cranks and they worked really good. I got really nice long drives off the tee.

I used to think Crank is little flippy but it's really great driver if thrown correctly.

Got one of the Big Z Cranks this weekend...Pretty sweet plastic...Pearly and flies great imo...Super straight. Think I really like it.

So I picked up a crank today and noticed at the shop there seems to be a ton of variation in the runs. Some were flat, some mild dome, I even saw one pop top crank... So what's the difference? How do they all compare to each other? I bought a mild dome one so middle of the road. But what's more stable? What's less? What's the best you are digging?

*all were esp plastic

So I picked up a crank today and noticed at the shop there seems to be a ton of variation in the runs. Some were flat, some mild dome, I even saw one pop top crank... So what's the difference? How do they all compare to each other? I bought a mild dome one so middle of the road. But what's more stable? What's less? What's the best you are digging?

*all were esp plastic

In my experience W/ Esp and Z.
More dome= more over stable
Less dome/flat= more under stable