• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique My Form

Need more throws to see better.
1. The first thing i noticed is that your strides are very long. Keep your strides shorter: it takes less energy and it allows for smoother, and better torque.
You dont see a baseball player with his batting stance really wide for that exact reason.
Its all about learning to be athletic in your movement.
2. Dont be so hurky jerky, keep it smooth. This saves energy and allows for better control and distance.
Dont reach try to reach back, let your body's momentum move forward while your disc stays in the same place.
-Move your arm slow to fast
EXPLANATION: let your bodys rotation and momentum pull your arm and disc until it gets to the center of your chest. Once it reaches that point, use your arms to pull it and whip it out of your hand.
3. Finally, keep every part of your body close to your torso. Just like baseball, keep your hands inside your body. Dont let the disc and your arm do a circle when throwing a disc. It should be a straight line from behind you [reachback] to infront of you [release].

Try fixing these one at a time, dont overwhelm yourself. Hope this helps!

Thanks for this and any little bit helps at my point in the game. I have some other videos but I couldn't really tell much difference between them. If you feel like it would help I could upload those.

One thing I noticed was your reach back. If more distance is what you're after, you need full extension. Don't be afraid to take your eyes off the target, it's not like the basket is gonna move. Your shoulders should be almost perpendicular to the target. Once they reach that point just imagine you're trying to yank a cloth from a dinner table. In order to keep all of the fine china in one piece you must keep a level, straight pull through. For you, this means pull the disc through a little bit higher. Hope this helps!

Would pulling through too low be the cause of my discs kind of stalling out?

I'm going to assume you mean lifting into the air then falling off to the left. If this is what you mean, it is almost certainly nose angle. Keep your wrist pointed down. The disc should be parallel to your outstretched arm.

It is good you are trying to learn good form early on. I encourage you to keep sifting through these forums, there is much more to learn!

Sorry if you couldn't see it from the other link. I'm still new to this.

Feldberg has a great tutorial about the slow to fast i talked about.
Barry schultz has a great tutorial about being smooth and not hurky jerky.
And just watch some of the pro slowmos, they exhibit perfect form.
Will Schusterick, Paul Mcbeth, and Nicco Locastro.

before you do anything learn to throw with your disc over top of your left arm. This will allow you to get out of your own way and use more body rotation.