• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Yesterday evening I was out in the yard starting to throw a few putts when I hear a fawn screaming from in the woods behind the house. Seconds later here comes my lab with said fawn in her mouth and mama deer in hot pursuit. The mother deer stopped at the edge of the woods and the dog continued on across the yard into the soon to be cut hay field. In a few minutes she came back without the fawn- no idea if she killed it or not.

You let your dog do this? WTF!:thmbdown:

I take it you are not out in the country much.

Nature is not all warm and fuzzy. I am a city boy. But, it is much akin to my dog finding a rabbit nest, digging it out and dragging and throwing the rabbit kittens around the yard. :gross: The nest was behind a row of yews in the back of the yard and I was digging out a dead lilac. The yard is fenced and I was keeping one eye on the dog. Did I "let my dog" kill the kittens? No, the dog was doing what a dog is built to do. To be fair.....my wife reacted much like Wintery Mix. But, I am not going to put my lab on a short leash attached to the disc golf basket. (I tried, she simply drags my basket over to the rabbit holes) :p

I take it you are not out in the country much.

You should be ashamed, letting your dog steal the coyotes' food.

I'm reminded that when my niece, who grew up here, was about 5, we were riding on a 4-wheeler and came across a rabbit's body with the head bitten off. I comforted her by saying, "That's sad." She answered, "It's meat".

Or a hunter's meat for the freezer.

I guess. I don't know what it's like around John's place. Around here, the deer are so plentiful that it only means that in a few years, that hunter will get a different deer. Dogs aren't going to make a dent in the population.

I'm not callous -- the same little girl who wasn't upset at the dead rabbit, at 15 rescued an orphaned fawn last year. But carnivores are carnivores, including the domestic ones. (My neighbors semi-feral cats do things that would never make a Disney movie).

You let your dog do this? WTF!:thmbdown:

Sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze when trying to take something like that away from a dog.

The only time I was ever scared of my old Malamute was when trying to take....meat... away from him. Like will I have a hand on my arm scared. Labs are probably different.

No chiggers in Wisconsin? And why June bugs?

Apparently we have them here. I've never encountered them though so they must not be very common. Or I've just lucked out. That doesn't like fun.

June bugs just creep me out man

Chiggers are no fun. Thanks, Ozark Mountain. :\

370bfee9b79c664d94ce9e312ae2c28a.jpg

Walking Stick not2b Ramcat NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When a snake has a fat, puffy head like that, that's because it has two huge fangs and large venom sacks to make room for. A general rule of thumb to go by is big fat head/cheeks = stay far away. Colors and size can often be misleading, but there is no hiding your weapons when your head is that much bigger than the body.

Last edited:
Saw these critters at Munden Point.

The turtle is the 4th one I've seen this year, and the most of seen at Munden the previous two years. Almost the largest. The turtle was traveling between the 15th tee and 18th tee, fast enough not to be seen an hour later playing 2nd round.

Looked like about 200 Daddy Long Legs wrapped around the top portion of a garbage can at tee #3. I don't wear my glasses on the course, and when I was finishing up my cup of coffee to throw in the trash, I was wondering why it looked like the top of the can was moving.

Attachments

• turtle.jpg
    turtle.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 29
  • spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts