• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

413760.jpg

attachment.php

Sandhill cranes were a rare sighting 10 years ago. Now it seems like there is a pair hanging out at every park.

Those are some big birds! :eek:

Noisy, too. ;)

I once got swooped down upon by a nesting pair, and swear to god I thought silverback monkeys were coming down out of the trees at me. :| :| :eek:

I know that tree, Woodsboro hole #4 long basket? I have hit that tree before and nothing sprung out. :D

Close! Clark's Run hole 15, just past the stream.

I will keep an eye out for woodpecker trees next time I hit Woodsboro. :)

But I suspect it's a pond slider turtle, or something related, just from the stripes on the legs. I'm far from an expert, though, and we have both kinds (and more).

Possibly the most sexually suggestive common names for a group of like animals I can think of - cooter, slider and snapper. Or it might just be me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a bag swap league night tonight. A park I have not played yet. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=12844 A bit sloppy, but an open city park. One of the only, if not only, in Detroit.

The point was, there were pet deer everywhere. I am not sure whose pet they were, but....man, they seemed utterly unconcerned with our presence. Kind of cool, but a bit disconcerting, to be honest. They were just too close.

Also...bunches of deer can = bunches of ticks. :mad: :\

Latest posts