• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Playing a glow round last weekend. The rest of my card took a "recreational" break after our drives, so I headed up in the dark to check out our lies. Seconds later five deer cut across the fairway directly behind me and circled around then up the next fairway. Freaked the crap out of me.

I live in alaska n i can relate to all that. black bears, angry moose, eagles, and the occasional porcupine. seen some lynx but never on the course. maybe one day.....

Yeah forgot about the porcupine. I lived up there 5 years, just left last year And already miss it lol

That basket/chains looks narrow.

chain area is large enough, as the basket is sadly HUGE...

pic for scale...(this one copped a wallop from a falling tree)

317717_10151359153947843_1239506257_n.jpg

Queensland, Australia...if our baskets aren't giant they are like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbF-e2boXlg

Definitely a rarity in these parts. Saw him swimming down the creek of the course we're working on as we were playing a round.
524747_578561828828739_941339792_n.jpg

Definitely a rarity in these parts. Saw him swimming down the creek of the course we're working on as we were playing a round.
524747_578561828828739_941339792_n.jpg

Is that a beaver? I've never seen one on the course, but we do have a few that live on the rivers here in Ohio.

chain area is large enough, as the basket is sadly HUGE...

pic for scale...(this one copped a wallop from a falling tree)

317717_10151359153947843_1239506257_n.jpg

Queensland, Australia...if our baskets aren't giant they are like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbF-e2boXlg

Why are your baskets so big? Does it make it easier to make the hole? Do you guys have more aces? Curious why they are that way.... is the PDGA not in your country, or is that a PDGA approved basket?

Is that a beaver? I've never seen one on the course, but we do have a few that live on the rivers here in Ohio.

Sure looks to be a beaver. I've heard of them being in parts of North Texas, but this is the first time I've actually seen one. We've had a lot of rain and the creek is up a lot. One of the guys in our group spotted him swimming down the creek. I have no idea where he would actually live at, or how many others are around. They probably wouldn't normally get down to the course because the creek is usually much shallower and without much of a current.

I used to see lots of beavers around the Dallas area in the mid 80's. Used to be a lot of beaver ponds along 35 around Carrolton or just past on the west side of the hwy. Lots of beavers, big basses and crappie out there. Would be nice if they were still there.

Why are your baskets so big? Does it make it easier to make the hole? Do you guys have more aces? Curious why they are that way.... is the PDGA not in your country, or is that a PDGA approved basket?

installed by local council who had no idea and simply got measurements wrong. They seem to love them and we only have 4 courses here, so beggers cant be choosy, although some are. We have a course like this, 2 with disc proof baskets and one with legal baskets.

We have the ADG and PDGA here...not some backwards country :p

Finally happened...and was out playing with some American tourists as well!

554198_10151386182472843_1525957011_n.jpg

483431_10151386182922843_1826661205_n.jpg

Becca from the US (Tacoma area) had a better camera then me so will show them later...but yes indeed, that is a KOALA up in that there tree. Funny thing was we were looking at all the dings on the tree from discs and I mentioned it was one of the trees koalas could live in when 2 players yell out...KOALA!

Finally happened...and was out playing with some American tourists as well!

Becca from the US (Tacoma area) had a better camera then me so will show them later...but yes indeed, that is a KOALA up in that there tree. Funny thing was we were looking at all the dings on the tree from discs and I mentioned it was one of the trees koalas could live in when 2 players yell out...KOALA!

Ever run into any Drop Bears?

Good thing Im a girl, cause I scream like one

While at DeLaveaga, I had gone off the trail a short ways to retrieve a disc that went too far past the hole. My mind was on the shot I had just missed, finding the disc, etc, when I come around the corner and there was a raccoon just sitting there not 10 feet from my disc. Yet he was within 5 feet of me when I saw him. I jumped and screamed like...well...a girl. Poor thing ran off, as I proceeded to breathe and grab my disc. I walked back to my group as they were running through the trees to investigate. Embarrassingly I reassured them that all was well. Im lucky it wasn't a damned skunk or Id have been in big trouble. Lesson learned: pay more attention while in Mother Natures domain

About 15 years ago, friends and I were playing Hudson Mills (near Ann Arbor, MI). The lady of our group threw a Cobra on that one tightly wooded anhyzer hole 3/4 of the way through the original course that wraps around a pond/swamp.

We approached her Disc, and not more than a foot away (from the COBRA!) was one of those Massasauga Rattlesnakes, a little one, flickering its little tail and everything! Cute as a button.

It's the only one I've ever seen in the wild.

Twice over the past month I've seen 4-5 Hawks flying above in one area. Cool to see one, really cool to see 5.

About 15 years ago, friends and I were playing Hudson Mills (near Ann Arbor, MI). The lady of our group threw a Cobra on that one tightly wooded anhyzer hole 3/4 of the way through the original course that wraps around a pond/swamp.

We approached her Disc, and not more than a foot away (from the COBRA!) was one of those Massasauga Rattlesnakes, a little one, flickering its little tail and everything! Cute as a button.

It's the only one I've ever seen in the wild.

the small ones are the most dangerous! YIKES!

While at DeLaveaga, I had gone off the trail a short ways to retrieve a disc that went too far past the hole. My mind was on the shot I had just missed, finding the disc, etc, when I come around the corner and there was a raccoon just sitting there not 10 feet from my disc. Yet he was within 5 feet of me when I saw him. I jumped and screamed like...well...a girl. Poor thing ran off, as I proceeded to breathe and grab my disc. I walked back to my group as they were running through the trees to investigate. Embarrassingly I reassured them that all was well. Im lucky it wasn't a damned skunk or Id have been in big trouble. Lesson learned: pay more attention while in Mother Natures domain

Nice! Welcome to the forums!

Latest posts