• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

[Bird nerd]
That's a Yellow-crowned Night-Heron bro.
[/Bird nerd]

:thmbup:

Thank you

Alaska and Hawaii. Although Hawaii has sea snakes. Main has to have some Rattlesnakes. I think there is even a Rattlesnake River there.

I should have said '48 cosecutive'. There are Rattlers as far north as Canada, but not known to be as far east, and north. Timber Rattlers have not been seen in Maine since the early 1900's. They are almost extinct from New Hampshire, Maine's only bordering state.

Crazy. I'm gonna catch a breeding pair of Timbers and release them somewhere in Maine the next time I head up to Acadia.

:big grin:

Just started playing when Central Park in Schenectady, NY opened up.

Tons of squirrels, chipmunks and birds. Yesterday, we were helping a guy look for his disc in a heavily wooded area and we came across a baby/small owl just chilling on a branch about a foot of the ground. We were only a couple feet away from it, but it didn't move. Just blinked a lot.

Also, we found about 5 dead fish in the middle of a field. No clue...

A couple weeks ago a friend of mine said he came across 2 or 3 lizards that were tied to a tree branch with tall grass, barely alive. He set them free and they scurried off. The sicko that did that needs to be tortured just like the poor lizards were.

Not as cool as some of the other critters in this thread but:

Yesterday at Rum Village in South Bend, I was taking a water break on tee 17, and in the field of wildflowers behind the tee, hundreds, if not thousands of black and orange butterflies (not monarchs) were flying around. They were either mating or fighting, if not both. They would swoop around and then in groups of 3-6, would almost "ball up" in the air. They were hitting each other so hard you could hear the collisions, especially in the larger groups. Every once in a while, one would land on or near me. It was unbelievably awesome. I wish I had my camera with me, but unfortunately I just don't have room in my current bag for it (GB hurry up!)

Just thought I'd share.

I was playing Haikey Creek about a year ago in Tulsa, Ok and killed a frog. Over shot the 2nd pin and my disc landed in the soft ground straight up and split the poor thing in half. It was a baby frog only about 3 inches long. Not the best way to start a round. :(

I was playing Haikey Creek about a year ago in Tulsa, Ok and killed a frog. Over shot the 2nd pin and my disc landed in the soft ground straight up and split the poor thing in half. It was a baby frog only about 3 inches long. Not the best way to start a round. :(

That's like, a witch's omen, or some ****. :|

You better stock up on wart remover, just in case.

;)

Not as cool as some of the other critters in this thread but:

Yesterday at Rum Village in South Bend, I was taking a water break on tee 17, and in the field of wildflowers behind the tee, hundreds, if not thousands of black and orange butterflies (not monarchs) were flying around. They were either mating or fighting, if not both. They would swoop around and then in groups of 3-6, would almost "ball up" in the air. They were hitting each other so hard you could hear the collisions, especially in the larger groups. Every once in a while, one would land on or near me. It was unbelievably awesome. I wish I had my camera with me, but unfortunately I just don't have room in my current bag for it (GB hurry up!)

Just thought I'd share.

camera phone:thmbdown:

Useless? What the hell are you talking about? I can think of a use for one. How about for taking pictures of butterfly wars?

I've already got an alright camera. Thus, a cellphone is useless to me. And the only reason my camera isn't with my bag at all times is because I'm still friggin' waiting for my GB bag to arrive via mail. HURRY ALREADY!!!!

Jukeshoe: <---Gettin' real friggin' antsy for that bag.

Useless? What the hell are you talking about? I can think of a use for one. How about for taking pictures of butterfly wars?

Besides, I'm pretty sure they weren't "warring" so much as "making amore" in big ol' orgiastic clumps. :sick::p

EDIT: Bonus The State quote: "The monkey's no-a "do it." They make amore."

Saw a cool Raccoon climbing a tree today at Como Lake. I think I scared it up there with my disc as it landed right up under the tree it was scurrying up when we got there.

Ok wierd this time. Yesterday @ the Mighty Z, I got this video of many dozens of Daddy Longlegs. We think it's a breeding behavior. At the end, I think those are breeding assasin bugs...
Like I said, wierd stuff.

Ok wierd this time. Yesterday @ the Mighty Z, I got this video of many dozens of Daddy Longlegs. We think it's a breeding behavior. At the end, I think those are breeding assasin bugs...
Like I said, wierd stuff.

Cool. Thanks for sharing! And great job with the Bach!

Dude, turkeys are frickin' mean bastards when you come up on them. Might have posted this someplace else so if I'm repeating myself, excuse me.

I used to go trail running in Madison, Wi at the Arboretum, which had a whole "herd" of semi-wild turkeys. A couple of times I'd take a corner and be in the middle of them, and they would most certainly attack. They peck, and hard. It always kept me on my toes.

That's funny. I live in Madison and the turkeys have always been a hassle. When I was a kid, I remember one day my entire elementary school was assembled and taught how to fend off a herd of attacking turkeys. This may sound like a strange scenario, but it was happening frequently enough that they felt the need to teach all the little chilluns what to do should they be attacked by a large group of turkeys.

They're still around. I try to hit them with my car whenever they're on my street. The tables have turned.:D

i saw a green heron in the river on hole 4 at jordan creek a couple days ago. apparently he is around frequently, but i thought it was pretty cool.

Latest posts