• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Ran into this box turtle at Leigh Farm Park today. I believe they have protected status here in NC.

attachment.php

picture.php

You saw a gator in the water around Pennsylvania!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

No, he was playing Hover Links on Hilton Head Island, SC.

Not much of a course, very little maintenance since it was put in. They put two or three baskets backed up very near that little waterway. The day I was there, it was very murky, almost black.

You saw a gator in the water around Pennsylvania!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Haha noooooooo, I was (am still) in South Carolina. I know locals aren't fazed by them, but it caught me a bit by surprise! There's another course I've played down here that used to have a small (probably much bigger now) gator that would sun itself on the shore of pond in a wide open space where you could steer clear. This course, though, the water comes up to the edge of the circle on three of the nine baskets.

Ran into this box turtle at Leigh Farm Park today. I believe they have protected status here in NC.

attachment.php

To my knowledge all native turtles in NC are protected in that trading/selling etc is restricted. The common Eastern Box Turtle is not protected due to low population or habitat issues however. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are those the caterpillars that can supposedly portend how severe the coming winter will be?

I'm 47 and can remember the last 40 or so winters, and eastern Pennsylvania just had its most mild winter 2019-2020 in my life. I seriously hope that we see the thick fuzzy caterpillars that supposedly forecast a good winter.

Whatever that is grosses me out.

Whatever that is grosses me out.

It's a Cicada, or sewing bug. It is the bug that makes the long, loud buzzz in the late summer evenings.

Tis a nasty, gnarly bug though. I don't see them all that often. I am guessing they are generally in trees.

Latest posts