• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Cycling Maces

Rockapotomus

So, now that the mace has been out for a while, I'm wondering how well they cycle. I have a 179g GL Mace that I love, but it's the only one I've thrown. Anyone been cycling the Zero Hard ones enough to compare them to cycling DX and KC rocs? I searched through the Mace thread and didn't find much on this subject. Any input is appreciated :)

I was VERY disappointed with Zero Hard plastic. I had a ZH First Run mace (FR stamp and everything) had it in my bag for 3-4 rounds, hit ONE single tree with it with some serious velocity behind it, and then this happens; http://imgur.com/a/shMmH

i'm selling that dickhead Mace for CHEAP if you wanna try it out despite the fact that it's still in great shape except that one ****ing ding.

I was VERY disappointed with Zero Hard plastic. I had a ZH First Run mace (FR stamp and everything) had it in my bag for 3-4 rounds, hit ONE single tree with it with some serious velocity behind it, and then this happens; http://imgur.com/a/shMmH

i'm selling that dickhead Mace for CHEAP if you wanna try it out despite the fact that it's still in great shape except that one ****ing ding.

I dont understand your beef, this is what happens when you hit trees and will help break it in

I dont understand your beef, this is what happens when you hit trees and will help break it in

Shall I take a picture of my FR Gold Line mace that didn't get taken out of my bag and has hit numerous trees yet still looks like a scuffed and scraped (but not chunked) version of how it did on day one?

my beef is with the plastic, not the mold.

If the last picture is a snapshot of your radar gun, then I'm not surprised the disc is dinged.

Shall I take a picture of my FR Gold Line mace that didn't get taken out of my bag and has hit numerous trees yet still looks like a scuffed and scraped (but not chunked) version of how it did on day one?

Seriously don't know what you expect out of base plastic then.

Personally I don't worry about dings and such on baseline plastic. I had a dx teebird that looked like it had been chewed by a dog, but it was the most beautifuly flippy teebird I ever through. Have you tried a GL Mace? Mine is damn near indestructible.

I love my zero hard sinus and have been tempted to get the mace in this plastic just for this reason. I think if lat could get all of it's mids and putters into this plastic it would be huge.

Personally I don't worry about dings and such on baseline plastic. I had a dx teebird that looked like it had been chewed by a dog, but it was the most beautifuly flippy teebird I ever through. Have you tried a GL Mace? Mine is damn near indestructible.

Yeah my GL mace is pretty nice. Got one of those super pearly white ones the day it came out.

I assume the Gold Line would be a pretty tough dic to cycle. As Gold Line isn't supposed to even be as durable as Opto, yet my Gold Line mace is basically bomb proof... seriously, it's barely lost any of it's Stability.

That's what base plastic is about: it is less durable so it works in faster, and yes, gets dinged up more quickly. All base plastics do this.

GL is a premo plastic, so it's going to be more durable (though it can have small shards/chunks come out of it too). Your beef isn't with Zero line, it's with base plastic in general.

Yeah my GL mace is pretty nice. Got one of those super pearly white ones the day it came out.

I assume the Gold Line would be a pretty tough dic to cycle. As Gold Line isn't supposed to even be as durable as Opto, yet my Gold Line mace is basically bomb proof... seriously, it's barely lost any of it's Stability.

I've actually thought about cycling GL. My purple GL surprisingly has some turn beat into it since I've thrown it. Not really any dings or anything on it. I just use it so much that it beat in.

And I meant *threw* not through on my last post lol

I use 3 maces and a pain. (I don't throw the pain very often) my yellowishorange mace is getting pretty flippy not to where I want it to be but only a matter of throwing it. And that ding on the red one is childs play, my 2nd mace (stable straight), has a giant gash after trying to acerun a hole with 1 tree. I found that tree lol. It's still stable surprisingly. And my slightly overstable mace isnt thrown very often. I'm starting to, so I can keep my 2nd one straight!

Your beef isn't with Zero line, it's with base plastic in general.
This is also somewhat correct. I remember when I got my first Innova Discs (DX Leo, DX Shark, DX Aviar P&A), I only really liked the way the Aviar felt and flew in that plastic.

Similar experience with Discraft's Pro-D, except I even hated the Banger GT I had (probably that ****ty groovetrack, not the plastic)

However, I actually do enjoy base plastic in putters. I don't bag that DX Aviar P&A anymore, but I must have liked it enough to hang onto it after all this time when the Leo and Shark were given away to other newbs. Base plastic Judges, great disc, great putter. I've even got some base plastic swan 2's that I absolutely love.

I do also carry a P-Line PD Freak, but since that's equivalent to Innova's pro, would one really call that baseline?

I use 3 maces and a pain. (I don't throw the pain very often) my yellowishorange mace is getting pretty flippy not to where I want it to be but only a matter of throwing it. And that ding on the red one is childs play, my 2nd mace (stable straight), has a giant gash after trying to acerun a hole with 1 tree. I found that tree lol. It's still stable surprisingly. And my slightly overstable mace isnt thrown very often. I'm starting to, so I can keep my 2nd one straight!

So cycling them is working nicely for you? I'm assuming your maces are in ZH. What weights do you use?

This is also somewhat correct. I remember when I got my first Innova Discs (DX Leo, DX Shark, DX Aviar P&A), I only really liked the way the Aviar felt and flew in that plastic.

Similar experience with Discraft's Pro-D, except I even hated the Banger GT I had (probably that ****ty groovetrack, not the plastic)

However, I actually do enjoy base plastic in putters. I don't bag that DX Aviar P&A anymore, but I must have liked it enough to hang onto it after all this time when the Leo and Shark were given away to other newbs. Base plastic Judges, great disc, great putter. I've even got some base plastic swan 2's that I absolutely love.

I do also carry a P-Line PD Freak, but since that's equivalent to Innova's pro, would one really call that baseline?

Yeah I think Pro D is the worst base plastic on the market (followed by R-Pro). I like Innova's Pro/Discmania's P line a lot. I think of it as a kind of premium base plastic. Then again, I don't cycle and only use one Pro disc (a Destroyer).

Off topic question. Well, sorta. Not completely on topic.

Does the Mace have a plus rim like almost all the other Lat discs? I mean, I'm assuming it does, but you never know.

While I didn't expect it to be the same durability as GL, my FR ZH Mace got absolutely MANGLED by some rocks on a single throw. It looked like I ripped it out of a dog's mouth and I had to melt the rim to get any kind of normal shape. So there are definitely some "duds" out there at least.

No shots fired here, I love Lat64, but it happens.

Latest posts