• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dart Fans Post Here!

i picked one up and it definitely flies straight with very little fade, but i find it glides way past the basket on misses unlike my aviars. i'm also not a huge fan of the rubbery plastic.

Just received 2 in the mail last night. I can't wait to get some putts in with them. I threw them a few times last night in the back yard and I think I am really going to like them. I like how they feel in my hand and I like that there is hardly any fade at all.

Got one in the mail today and I am going to try it out tomorrow. I am not going to replace my Magnet as my main putter, but I do need a good approach disc. I have been having trouble hitting shots from 40ft -170ft. I hope the Dart can fill that gap.

I agree that the R-Pro plastic can be too bouncy at times. If you hit dead center with some speed, the Dart has a tendacy to bounce back. And I have seen the Dart hit chains, drop and then bounce out after hitting the bottom of the basket. That being said, the R-Pro material catches great if you are off center. When I gave it a try, I had few putts catch the last chain and then pull back into the basket. All in all, I coulbn't trust the bounciness so I went back to my JK Pro Aviars.

I agree that the R-Pro plastic can be too bouncy at times. If you hit dead center with some speed, the Dart has a tendacy to bounce back. And I have seen the Dart hit chains, drop and then bounce out after hitting the bottom of the basket. That being said, the R-Pro material catches great if you are off center. When I gave it a try, I had few putts catch the last chain and then pull back into the basket. All in all, I coulbn't trust the bounciness so I went back to my JK Pro Aviars.

Have you tired it as an approach or long putter?

I'm gonna chime in ... I have been using the Dart for a week or so now.

My putters of choice are Omega SS putters and will continue to be for now. I have always used an X Buzzz for midrange approaches and the OSS for shorter approaches and long puts. The Dart sort of fills that gap nicely and I find I am not using the Buzzz hardly at all now.

The Dart holds a great line and, like some others have commented, fades very little on a flat throw. Once I got used the the line, the Dart is like a laser on a good throw. I have found it reliable in calm and in wind.

I recorded my first ace with the Dart on a 168 foot hole, straight into the chains.:D:D I have also holed a couple of 100' or so, both having some velocity on them. As for bounce outs, I have had one at about 100 that hit solid chain, but right side and bounced off the rim of the basket. I think any of my discs would have done the same.

In short, I love the Dart as an mid approach, long putt disc. I think I could putt well with it too, but can't replace my Omegas for now.

I've had similar issues with the dart coming out of the basket after it was clearly in.
The first time the disc bounced out it hit left of center, went through a double layer of chains, hit the post and dropped vertically, it fell and hit the ring that holds the chains together and popped right out of the basket.
The second time it came out, the disk it hit left of center and bounced right back at me.
Both of these putts were around 15 feet. My putts are fairly slow, so I don't think it was the speed that caused this. However, the weather conditions quite hot in both situations. My guess is the plastic can get too soft to hold up against metal baskets.
Despite these two instances the dart has been a very good putter for me. I'm making longer putts more frequently and with higher confidence.

R-Pro Dart

What is everyone's opinion on this disc? I know the plastic beats in fast but I am wondering how it is for putting or midrange, the specs on it say 0-0 stability and I was wondering how it flies. I am considering one after feeling one the other day at the store.

i have one, I like it alot. I carry that and a Pig. Dart as my main putter and Pig for hyzer/wind shots.
the dart is a straight shooter, you can lob it with a light fade also. Even hyzer flip it as a short drive. The floppiness of it is cool too.
Less glide than an Aero.
Try it out

I've been trying one out and I like it alot. It really floats which helps to extend my long putt range and it's a great "dead straight" approach disc for 150' and under (with no wind).

I bought one used off of another user on this site, so I have no idea how beat in it is, but I really like it for forehand approach shots and sometimes putting. It is very predictable and flies remarkably straight for me. I have had it spit out high off the chains though from close, that was probably my fault for shooting it too high though.

Sweet, thanks everyone, I think I'm going to pick one up.

you know I have a Champ. Coyote that is also a very very straight disc. It amazes me how it doesn't hook at the end like my gator. I just wish it had a bigger lip to grip

i have one, I like it alot. I carry that and a Pig. Dart as my main putter and Pig for hyzer/wind shots.
the dart is a straight shooter, you can lob it with a light fade also. Even hyzer flip it as a short drive. The floppiness of it is cool too.
Less glide than an Aero.
Try it out

i agree with everything huk said except for the pig part.

I've been using my R-Pro Dart for nearly all my upshots and putts from more than about 20' out for a few months now. I've made some very long shots that I probably wouldn't have made otherwise, including one 110-120 footer. I like the tackiness of the plastic for upshots -- tends to stop moving sooner once it hits the ground. Had a couple of guys borrow it for a shot or two during doubles last week and both talked about how much they liked it.

I could never get it to work for me. I got rid of it and went back to my Magnets ,because I know they work.

i have 2 darts after using an aero. the aero was like throwing a dinner plate at the basket. I played a tourney this weekend and used them with great success. they are a very flimsy disc, but in a good way. they fly the same everytime. i only use them bh never forehand.

Since I have 2 of them, whenever I play with my doubles partner (disc golfing buddy), he uses the other and loves it. I keep tellin his ass to buy his own tho lol

I have a brand enw one that I just field tested and didn't really like it that much if anyone wants it.

Latest posts