• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
EGcKL.jpg

I don't know Borg very well, but I've hung out with him a few times, and played a few rounds with him in the last few weeks. He has been nothing but friendly, and offered to help me with my game. He has also volunteered to give some advice and help to a couple other locals.

If I didn't have to be at my shop till 9 last night, I could've been drinking beers w/Feldy and GG, practice putting in my friends back yard....

I spent about 4 hours with Dave Feldberg yesterday, he is a nice guy. Loves to talk technique and gives out a ton of free advice to anyone who will listen. I think that any confusion on compensation for caddying is just a miscommunication.

Is this Thomas? If so, my post earlier would've been w/this guy....

I didn't even realize disc golfers needed caddies... Is this thew new 'lowest paying job' in the US?

I have gotten to know Dave pretty well over the past couple of years. I've seen his silly side. I've seen his angry side. I've seen the competitive Dave, the defeated Dave, the ambitious Dave, I've seen some of the most impressive shots I will ever see in my life from Dave, I've seen the unattractive sides and the charming sides. He is no doubt a complex individual. Overall, I have a lot of respect for the guy, not just as a top tiered professional but as a great educator and promoter for the sport. I have a full appreciation of how incredibly difficult it is to accomplish what he has thus far in his career. That being said, I'm sad to say that I believe this situation that he is in (being cut from Innova, potentially being kicked off the PDGA board, possible suspensions?, etc.) is the product of his extreme egotism. It's sad because he was in a truly unique position, being a top 5 player and a member of the board. I do wish him well as I know he is going through a tough time right now. I hope that he can address his issues with his ego maniacal behavior. He is a person that is motivated by self improvement so I'm sure he'll eventually bounce back.

Updated:

Here are the theories/rumors. All of which, I assume, have not been validated.

1) He is moving (physically). Most likely to Arizona. <<--VALIDATED
2) He was moving to Prodigy, but he didn't work out, for more unsubstantiated theories see the prodigy threads
3) Innova has dropped him. See the prodigy threads for more unsubstantiated theories.
4) Innova is moving him to an "ambassador" or "hall of fame" role.
5) He is going to become a full-time college coach at U of Oregon (contradicts point #1).
6) He is a really cool guy.
7) He really isn't a cool guy.
8) He's buying a house.
9) He doesn't always pay his caddies.
10) He might be getting kicked off the PDGA BOD.
11) He might be getting a suspension.

If I calculate my compensation correctly...it would be about 8 dollars an hour.

I would love getting paid 8 an hour to watch Feldberg.... but then there's the enormous bag I would have to carry...

EDIT: Thanks for your info Jerm, I'm a big fan of yours and I look forward to watching you this seaon

That being said, I'm sad to say that I believe this situation that he is in (being cut from Innova, potentially being kicked off the PDGA board, possible suspensions?, etc.) is the product of his extreme egotism.
You're sad? This sounds like something major has happened, but posting this without the details paints a very sad and defeated picture of the seemingly once-great Dave Feldberg. Also, without the details, I'm not sure if this is a fair statement or not coming from a competitor.

Last edited:
hold the phone here. he's being suspended? WTMF happened? what did I miss? what did we all miss?

Gonna need Chuck to weigh in on those charges. Also don't know if the BoD would have wanted that stuff out until it has been handled internally if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts