• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I don't know why but I love vulcan destroyers. Maybe mine aren't exactly vulcan but they seem to be. I have an Avery as well as some echo's that are vulcan ish. They are my faves.

why is that? everyone here seems to hate on them but then it seems people got used to them. are they just more understable? most of the feedback i see is "glideless POS" and not much else.

why is that? everyone here seems to hate on them but then it seems people got used to them. are they just more understable? most of the feedback i see is "glideless POS" and not much else.

They def don't feel as good in the hand but I as well like the flight of them. They are a little under stable right away, and they have the same glide as a normal destroyer

haha, we'll see. mostly i'm just worried because i'm seeing turn on these out of the box. not a lot - just enough so that it winds up directly in front of me whether it goes 400' or 450'. everyone around here says a "good" destroyer is stable/overstable so i was concerned maybe i had a "bad" one.

so naturally i searched through ALL of the threads, read the entirety of this one and the others regarding various tops. my rims are convex/rounded so that seems kosher, despite the flat tops producing a "ridge" of sorts on it that you can feel but not really see.

all in all, it was pretty cool to throw these since my P-DD2 turns a lot more and it's harder to hit that height/angle combo of perfection to get the max distance. that disc does bomb, but with these all i have to do is throw them and stop worrying about it. :D

if i get rid of them i will let you guys know since they're such a nice light pink color.

i DO get a kick out of saying i have a pink destroyer.

here are my new buddies

IMG_20131122_204130_932_zpsbe0cd5f8.jpg

4ded6526-3f45-4d86-8066-68cd73b295bf_zps309f995d.jpg

yeah, i know they look suspect with that ring of color around the ridge. i was reading that there was a run of "vulcan topped destroyers that weren't really vulcan topped". i assume these tops are just flat so you can see that ring. the rim's convex so i am pretty sure i'm good. :) the black one is flattish with a small dome and the blue one is flat.

Well dont worry those arent vulcan topped destroyers.. :thmbup:

They look good, but yeah if you arent feelin em, let me know!

I just decided to mess with what I thought was a Destrulcan, it is a gummy semi-stiff champ 170 that had a very flat top. It flew OK but figured Id pop up the top and test it, in doing so it really changed the look of the wing. I no longer thing its a Destrulcan. PLH was raised a bit now and is higher then my Stars. Could be a nice headwind disc now.

It's pretty domed up now, little more domey then all my others. I wonder how it'll fly? Wouldnt call it mega dome but large dome.

I just decided to mess with what I thought was a Destrulcan, it is a gummy semi-stiff champ 170 that had a very flat top. It flew OK but figured Id pop up the top and test it, in doing so it really changed the look of the wing. I no longer thing its a Destrulcan. PLH was raised a bit now and is higher then my Stars. Could be a nice headwind disc now.

It's pretty domed up now, little more domey then all my others. I wonder how it'll fly? Wouldnt call it mega dome but large dome.

if you want a good wind fighting destroyer just try the latest bottom stamped star destroyers or some of the newer aj star destroyers that have a top similar to a PD2.. super beefy.

@Koda, I too mess with the DD2, nothing is faster or longer if you his it right, but its just not as consistent as Destroyers.

DD2 is super fast and super deep but finicky.

if you want a good wind fighting destroyer just try the latest bottom stamped star destroyers or some of the newer aj star destroyers that have a top similar to a PD2.. super beefy.

I think I may need to, we'll see how my Champ does now that I spent an hour fixing it.

A regular overstable destroyer should be fine (regular plh, not super high). The new Destroyers go far past being wind resistant, they are also flight resistant lol. Immediate fade out of the hand.

Love Destroyers and and did up this design.
Not meant to be, but thought I would share.

10013910555_bc729846e5_o.jpg

ive been using the blizzard champion destroyers (133,138gm) and ive found them to be good for me.but i cannot get any disc to go much over 250....but i still like the flight path of the destroyers,very predictable

ive been using the blizzard champion destroyers (133,138gm) and ive found them to be good for me.but i cannot get any disc to go much over 250....but i still like the flight path of the destroyers,very predictable

If I was you I would be throwing leopards for my driver till you can get those to 300. Then step up to maybe a Valk or Teebird. Throwig the destroyer isn't doing you any favors. I assume it just flies straight for 220 feet then probably dies left? At that distance you want to be throwing a disc that will glide better an fly straighter. Also something g that is MUCH slower. Hence my leopard recommendation. I like them a lot in pro plastic.

Latest posts