• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

sooooooooo yeah . . .

them gstar destroyers? get yourself a nice megadome one . . .

kaboom.

so glad i put the destroyer back in my bag. we had some mean headwinds today and i managed to reach 400' with my new AJ in that headwind for deuce, something i have never managed in a headwind like that. also had the longest drive of my life with the gstar.

Ok, So I love destroyers(Whoa, no-one saw that coming). First let me list my 3 that are in my bag
-Pro for tailwinds(I don't throw rollers, or at least at this point.)
-AJ Max weight for slight s line, or slight headwinds
-Pop Top for those cannon shots.
Now my question is this. Last week I bought a champion destroyer(never threw one til then.) It had the autobot/robot circle stamp(Hope that's what it's called.) I was able to throw it twice, both times it turned over like a monarch, and the second throw it went 400 ft down a ravine into the depths of hell. Is this normal for those type of destroyers?

The factory store champ destroyers should not turn over like a monarch.....
How did it feel in your hand? Did it feel different from the destroyers you're used to? And you threw it flat, and didn't try and rip it into the ground or anything silly? Sorry if I'm being pedantic...I am also crazy in love with destroyers and haven't been unlucky enough to encounter these mysterious "non-destroyer-like" destroyers, so I'm still a bit skeptical about their existence hahahaha.

sooooooooo yeah . . .

them gstar destroyers? get yourself a nice megadome one . . .

kaboom.

so glad i put the destroyer back in my bag. we had some mean headwinds today and i managed to reach 400' with my new AJ in that headwind for deuce, something i have never managed in a headwind like that. also had the longest drive of my life with the gstar.

The G* destroyer I have is flat, not at all "megadome". Are the megadome ones nice because of their extra stability? "Kaboom" is kinda vague, lol. Since you had the longest drive with the G* though, I thought yours turnsover quite a bit before coming back....something I thought the flat ones were good for

I have seen a few super flippy champ ones but I have also seen stiletto like ones..

The G* destroyer I have is flat, not at all "megadome". Are the megadome ones nice because of their extra stability? "Kaboom" is kinda vague, lol. Since you had the longest drive with the G* though, I thought yours turnsover quite a bit before coming back....something I thought the flat ones were good for

The gstar seem to have lower plh in general compared to the beefy destroyers I'm used to seeing. It's not understable but yes, good turn and good fade, just give it some height and let it ride. mine started out with just a little turn and quickly developed into my favorite max d driver after some good hard whacks on trees.

Kaboom was probably about 500' which is much higher than my average max.

The factory store champ destroyers should not turn over like a monarch.....
How did it feel in your hand? Did it feel different from the destroyers you're used to? And you threw it flat, and didn't try and rip it into the ground or anything silly? Sorry if I'm being pedantic...I am also crazy in love with destroyers and haven't been unlucky enough to encounter these mysterious "non-destroyer-like" destroyers, so I'm still a bit skeptical about their existence hahahaha.

No, I threw it hard but flat. I threw other destroyers (AJ Star) immediately afterward ( it was a slight down hill shot and I just wanted to make sure I had the right line). But no other destroyer turned over like this one did. It was max weight, so i'm just confused lol

I have a couple G* Destroyers (they are red and orange Amateur disc golf championship CFR's). The red is much more domey (I have seen other people on here say the same thing so I think that was true of all the reds in that run). It definitely has more glide, but is also a bit less stable than the orange (and much less stable than a star AJ). It had some turn right out of the box, so a nice disc for max D hyzer flips or flat, high rips.

Its why I like the G* destroyer so much. Out of the box its got great turn, as much as my old AJ stamp destroyer, which helped me improve my distance as well (not 500 feet though lol).

Now I'm interested in finding domey G* destroyers though, to see just how much glide there is.

thanks for the heads up on those worlds swirl destroyers I just bought the last 4
No Problem. If I threw Destroyers I would have grabbed them myself. It is a little too much disc for me so I'll stick with my Wraiths (perfect up to 400') until I can start reaching 450.

I have a couple G* Destroyers (they are red and orange Amateur disc golf championship CFR's). The red is much more domey (I have seen other people on here say the same thing so I think that was true of all the reds in that run). It definitely has more glide, but is also a bit less stable than the orange (and much less stable than a star AJ). It had some turn right out of the box, so a nice disc for max D hyzer flips or flat, high rips.

IDK, the couple dome reds I have are decently stable to overstable. I bag a flatter blue one and that thing is nice a flippy and nothing like the domey ones.

IDK, the couple dome reds I have are decently stable to overstable. I bag a flatter blue one and that thing is nice a flippy and nothing like the domey ones.

Are your reds from the Amateur Disc Golf Championships? Could have been that the reds from that run had lower PLH than the oranges. I don't have them sitting in front of me so I can't say for sure without looking.

I just got this lot from the Factory Store:

Destroyers.jpg

From left to right, we have a champion F2 (appears to be JL plastic), Star Wiggins, regular JL, and Star F2.

Here are the profiles, first the champion F2 compared to the Wiggins:

F2_Champion_vs_Wiggins.jpg

The champ F2 is maybe just ever so slightly higher but they are very close.

Then the Wiggins compared to the JL:

Wiggins_vs_JL.jpg

This one I didn't anticipate. The JL actually has significantly lower PLH than the Wiggins. The JL is also the domey-est of the lot; I think it will be a real bomber. Lastly, here is the JL compared to the Star F2:

JL_vs_StarF2.jpg

These are really close as well.

I didn't expect such a big difference between the champion F2 and the regular JL and between the Star F2 and the Star Wiggins. Maybe these are all different runs or else it's just variance in the colors and how they cooled. Anyway, it's interesting and maybe useful for anyone looking to buy from the current lots being shipped from the Factory Store.

What are the most high-speed stable (headwind fighting) destroyers currently available (that I can order online, new)? Max Weight Champion? Pro Shop Jolly Launchers? Star Destroyers?

I just got one of the new jolly launcher destroyers and it's super stable with a great skip. Definitely won't be flipping over in the wind (at least not until it's beat in).

The new run of bottom stamps with the beveled edge at the shoulder are super OS, glideless pigs. It wouldn't turn over in a hurricane.

Seems like buying a Destroyer online is almost as bad as buying a Gateway putter online. I want to try out Destroyers but I'm kind of scared lol. I want to save money and get them online but I don't know if it's a good idea, how are the current runs of normal Stars turning out? Are the Wiggins any good? Are all AJ's beefy?

Most AJ's are beefy in my opinion, especially the pop tops. You can't go wrong with a destroyer, if it doesn't work out with you, just pm me.

Latest posts