• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

Bat-Wing: A huge hyzer, thrown into wind, that stalls out at the top and then comes back down ala a famous shot in the first Tim Burton Batman movie.

Beached Whale: A shot that skips/skims across a water hazard but makes it to land on the other side

Also could use "the shot ran aground"

The group of youth I typically play rounds with (I'm a youth minister) have made a habit of "disc whispering." Meaning that we will attempt to talk our discs into doing what we want them to. Kind of like the horse whisperer.

Only more ridiculous.

I said this in another thread but talking to your disc is serious business.

It builds self esteem, helps with confidence and improves overall performance by utilizing positive reinforcement.

The Millennium Falcon is now a permanent fixture in my vocabulary!

Worm Burner: A disc thrown that hits the ground much earlier than anticipated. Cutting through the grass at a high rate of speed. "Dude, Nice Worm Burner"

Here is the results of a Worm Burner I through last weekend. This course has this crap all over. It's like a mulch blanket. My disc literally slid underneath this blanket. I spent 30 minutes looking for my disc, and yelling "How the Hell do you lose a disc in a flat open field?" I played 3 more rounds, on the final round I caught a little glimmer in the mulch blanket! My disc was returned, and there was much rejoicing! :D

0922091408.jpg
[/IMG]

LISTEN UP EVERYONE!!! This is the word for disc golf....

Deeg \'dÄ"Ä"j\

Plain and simple. My girlfriend haphazardly invented the term after learning that we referred to it as D.G. so she just blended it together and it has stuck ever since.

Deeg (n.) - the transliteration of the acronym 'D.G.' for disc golf.
John, Sam, and Chris are goin to play some deeg, wanna join?

Deeg (v.) - the action of playing disc golf.
Let's deeg after work - we need beers though.

Use it, spread it, enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Horses come in a herd.

Sheep by the flock.

What do you folks call a group of disc golfers?

A cough, of course. You can usually hear them several holes away. Made that one up myself.

And a throw that hits a tree and falls straight down, dead? That would be a Sonny Bono.

Apologies to Cher or anyone else who finds that tasteless.

Hahaha, That's Cold!!! I feel guilty for laughing so hard!!! :D

The Millennium Falcon is now a permanent fixture in my vocabulary!

Worm Burner: A disc thrown that hits the ground much earlier than anticipated. Cutting through the grass at a high rate of speed. "Dude, Nice Worm Burner"

Here is the results of a Worm Burner I through last weekend. This course has this crap all over. It's like a mulch blanket. My disc literally slid underneath this blanket. I spent 30 minutes looking for my disc, and yelling "How the Hell do you lose a disc in a flat open field?" I played 3 more rounds, on the final round I caught a little glimmer in the mulch blanket! My disc was returned, and there was much rejoicing! :D

0922091408.jpg
[/IMG]

thats nuts!! i had that happen to me in the snow. if i hadnt stepped on my disc i never would have found it.

thats nuts!! i had that happen to me in the snow. if i hadnt stepped on my disc i never would have found it.

Loosing a disc in the snow would have to suck!!

Dude, the Tide actually comes in and floods the last three holes. It's still playable, just very sloppy. Well... When the Tide comes in, it pushes all the loose grass, mud, whatever else in it's wake, and leaves this mulch blanket across the 7th hole. The course is East Bay Park in Georgetown, SC. I uploaded a picture of what the course looks like when the tide comes in. I actually have to consult a tide chart, before I go play! LOL

My family refers to griplocks as Booger Fingers or Boogie.
When the disc clearly hits chains and doesn't go in we say No Chain Love.

On the topic of talking to your discs. My brother lovingly named his White SS Wizard Gandalf. Every time he goes to putt he says "Gandalf!" like the Hobbits from Lord of the Rings do. It is quite amusing.

When ever we are playing a wooded course and someone hits a tree with their disc, we call them a lumberjack. When someone hits more than two trees, we call them a "pinball wizard".

good stuff in here . . . it is fun to hear different locales ideas of good vocab!

woodpecker season When the weather starts getting warm and all the noobs and TDD's start flocking to the course.

Divine Wind. A gust from nowhere that saves your drive from futility.

Baroni'd or gassed When a drive is thrown uncharacteristically short or low, named after MMA fighter Phil Baroni infamous for having bad stamina. Wow, you really Baroni'd that drive Dave

Ninja Style Having to throw while hidden behind foliage, usually a warning to other players: Watch out guys, I'm going ninja style

Kissing chains Whenever your disc barely hits chains and spits out.

a Walker - When your shot takes a bounce and lands on edge but doesn't so much roll as wobble back and forth, slowly but surely moving forward.