• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

And three trees or more hit before the disc touches the ground..."I think you activated multiball..."

Nice one ScottJB!

"Parking permit" You tell someone they just got their parking permit validated when they park the disc under the basket after a long shot.

"Army Golf" throwing to alternate sides of the fairway (left, right, left, right)
"Tarzan Golf" throwing from tree to tree to tree.....
"Republican Golf" consistently too far to the right
"Democrat Golf" consistently too far to the left

Should there be a term for a discgolf course review poster approaching 100 posts who is gratutiously leaving messages on all threads though he has nothing really to say? I have this friend....

Another term for kissin' the chains: Half-Drunk Cheerleader: when you can get to the hole, but just can't get it in.
Tournament Roll: An accidental roller that not only goes away from the pin, but finds the steepest slope and barrels away at velocity towards another fairway (should be accompanied by the roadrunner theme song)
It's got eyes!: The opposite of a tournament roll, where an accidental roller winds up parked at the basket.
By the power of Greyskull!: Shout this when you or your buddy snaps off an overpowered 350' drive for a 125' approach.
Low and Pro: 2 feet off the ground and straight as an arrow drives. I wish I heard this one more often.
Flyin' Kites: A nose-up drive that goes up up up, stalls and drops to the ground
Thread the needle: any drive that winds its way through a moderate to heavily wooded fairway without hitting wood.
Easy, leatherface!: Say this to your buddy whenever he tries and fails to chainsaw his way through dense rough, hits multiple trees or any other appropriate chainsaw joke that will piss him off.
Top Gun: When you go for the ace run.
Goose: When you go for the ace run and just tank it, because now you've got bogies on your tail.
They've got a pill for that: Any time your buddy has a premature release issue with his throw.

Get it!: An exclamation that imparts the thrower's force of will upon the disc to make it through branches, come back onto the fairway, cross the water, etc. Usually met with varied degrees of success.
Hollywood squares: When all players bogey a hole, because you've each got losers on all sides of you

Disc Golf Jargon...

The only problem with "Get It" is it seems to incurr the wrath of the same karma gods who smite your buddies shot when you "Nice" him mid shot, in which case the would've, could've, should've diatribe activates, neccesitating that you inform him he has "Just Should His Pants..."

I have a Somali Girl Friend. I aced a blind basket with no witnesses. 2 Canadian Girl Friends, also. No American Girl Friends. Too many Half-Drunk Cheerleaders. When I leave the office early to throw, I tell my secretary that I have The Hyzer Flu. There's only one remedy. When I have a very bad case, I may be MIA for 3-5 days. A good secretary will suggest follow up care. She would be known as The Hyzer Floozie.
The Aviarian Hyzer Flu is a particularly resistent strain.

When you gather up "The Usual Suspects" for a round, its nice to have a caddie. Hyzer Floozie is a great caddie, but try not to focus on her limp.

Nice stop - for someone who stopped mid-throw because of a distraction
Get greasy - get lucky
Miss It - don't hit that!
c'MON! - do what you are supposed to!

Holy Roller

Entertaining thread.

Holy Roller - A shot that was not intended to be a roller but turns over and becomes one and heads miraculously straight for the pin! :eek:

We have one we call a Major Tom
When someone unintentionally throws really high in the air,
as in "Ground Control to Major Tom"

"Jacket", referring to the person in your group who tees off first. Shamelessly borrowed from ball golf (the Green Jacket) and used in two different situations:

1) The guy who won the last game
2) The guy who won the last hole

Usage: "You eagled the last hole, man...it's your jacket" or "I killed everybody last round, so it's still my jacket."

"Pachinko" when your disc pinballs off multiple trees on its way to the schule.