• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

I actually think I like lawn darts more, I may steal that

Played with a local legend last night and I love the new term that I learned from him and will be sure to use it in each round I play from now on. He would say "I'm about to make this thing (the basket) bleed". At one point someone was talking about how technical a hole was and he said "If I can see it I can make it bleed". My wife did not appreciate it as much as I did. Must be a man hunter thing.

If it bleeds we can kill it!!

I played with some old regulars at De La. They would say, "Who's on the cooler?"

They explained that they often bring a cooler of beers along, and whoever got the worst score on the last hole has to carry the cooler for the next one. We didn't even have beers that day, and they'd say, "Okay, who's the cooler?"

Trouble with our regular cooler guy is he likes being in close proximity to the beers, so no incentive for him to throw better.

A friend of mine calls the rough " the salad" so whenever the other one goes in we always ask "would you like a little basalmic vinagrette with that?

A friend of mine calls the rough " the salad" so whenever the other one goes in we always ask "would you like a little basalmic vinagrette with that?

Oh thats a new one!

You could also say "would you like some corned beef to go with your cabbage?"

I always say that a disc is 'on fire' when it was thrown so high, that it'll burn up coming back into the atmosphere ...

We call that a tombstone.

Go to bed, we all have expectations for you to hit 325 courses in 2011. You aren't going to accomplish that if you are up on DGCR with the flu!

Hah, I've been sleeping on and off all day between trips to the bathroom. I'm actually feeling better now, though I lost 8 lbs between yesterday afternoon and tonight...:gross:

"Making the mando": Two trees dead ahead of the tee, with enough room for your disc to get through with half an inch to spare... and instead of throwing around them like every sane person... you put that sucked dead ahead and shoot the gap.

There's one guy I play with who loves to use that phrase. What makes it even more amusing is that he says it on a course with no Mandos, so we all crack up at it, as he starts making them up.

Camping: Deep in the woods

Twilight zone: you watch the flight. Walk to where you saw it drop and its nowhere fo be found. Also known as bermuda triangle

Jewkin: twisting n turning you body as if you can alter the flight path( spelling courtesy of hookt on phonix)

Hah, I've been sleeping on and off all day between trips to the bathroom. I'm actually feeling better now, though I lost 8 lbs between yesterday afternoon and tonight...:gross:

8lbs. must have been vomit and diarrhea... oh to evacuate both holes...

Colette - keeping the disc down.

i.e the disc going way too high in the air and fading hard "you need a little more Colette on that throw"
or the disc hitting the ground quickly and wormburning or stopping "had a little too much Colette on that one"

origin is Dj Colette's record 'keep it down'
l_97eaaaaddcc2e95e73bcfb55b558d9ae.jpg

Local route - When you shank your drive and the disc caroms off 47 trees, rocks, bushes, etc. - either that or avoids 47 trees, rocks, bushes, etc. - and winds up parked.

Local route - When you shank your drive and the disc caroms off 47 trees, rocks, bushes, etc. - either that or avoids 47 trees, rocks, bushes, etc. - and winds up parked.

I get told that alot! I must be one lucky muther*shut yomouth*

Latest posts