• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Overstable Midrange: The Quake

I got one of these in my NCDGC players pack and I've been loving this disc as my slower Firebird/more OS Harp and Roc3 role. Backhands the thing just dives to the left, but I usually throw Roc3's for Backhands. However, it's the perfect forehand mid for me. I can work huge flex lines on tight approaches that come back, and get shallower skip shots for those slightly off-placed second shots. I just need to work the backhand out a bit more and this thing will definitely be in my bag for the foreseeable future.

I got one of these in my NCDGC players pack and I've been loving this disc as my slower Firebird/more OS Harp and Roc3 role. Backhands the thing just dives to the left, but I usually throw Roc3's for Backhands. However, it's the perfect forehand mid for me. I can work huge flex lines on tight approaches that come back, and get shallower skip shots for those slightly off-placed second shots. I just need to work the backhand out a bit more and this thing will definitely be in my bag for the foreseeable future.

I have a VIP Harp in my bag that hardly ever gets thrown anymore because of the Quake.

I pulled my Buzzz OS and my drone for the quake. It feels so much better in the hand than those 2 for me. Very happy with this release. Bought a few more for backups last night.

I am very interested in the Quake as an OS utility

I like the Squall very well for understable / turnover type shots.

I also like the Truth / Verdict combo for a roughly stable shot.

I throw a Zone regularly for P&A.

I have tried the Drone, Hornet, Buzzz OS, Q-Sentinal and none were the right fit.

Has a lot to do with feel in the hand. I like flat topped, grippy, and shallow either beadless or with a smallish bead.

Considering trying the Quake or the Justice.

Any thoughts, would the Quake be worth trying?

I am very interested in the Quake as an OS utility

I like the Squall very well for understable / turnover type shots.

I also like the Truth / Verdict combo for a roughly stable shot.

I throw a Zone regularly for P&A.

I have tried the Drone, Hornet, Buzzz OS, Q-Sentinal and none were the right fit.

Has a lot to do with feel in the hand. I like flat topped, grippy, and shallow either beadless or with a smallish bead.

Considering trying the Quake or the Justice.

Any thoughts, would the Quake be worth trying?

Well, I could see the Drone/ Hornet/ Q-Sentinal being too domey or deep, but the Buzzz OS is super flat and shallow? If that wasn't what you were looking for, don't go Justice. Justice is a Buzzz OS with a bead, so it's a hair deeper.
Quake is just like a Buzzz OS without the squared rim. If that was your issue, than definitely go with the Quake.

The squared rim was exactly the issue on the buzzz OS for me, good call!

Smallish hands and some underlying tendinitis and arthritis make finding the right grip critical for me, otherwise the disc flies free before I complete the hit.

Thanks for the advice

I finally have in my hands the new DGA Quake

Once again as I often am with DGA I am VERY impressed. It is a beautifully pearly and quite grippy Proline plastic.

Completely flat top (besides a small indent perhaps from shipping.) Flight plate is fairly firm with just enough give.

Nice feel in the hand, smooth shoulder, very comfortable rim no flashing, easy to grip RHBH power grip.

Nice graphics.

Quite convinced this would garner a lot of attention if it was put out by one of the bigger companies.

I am anxious to throw it, hopefully this weekend I will get a chance.

Wow, is this Quake sweet!

Local hole, not terribly long, but the only consistent way in is a straightish drive 2/3 of the hole length followed by a sharp left turn and then the remaining 1/3 length.

Never was successful with any other disc.

I hit the pole on my first drive with the Quake.

I'm impressed with this one

I took my St Paddy's Day Classic PL Glow Quake out for a glow round the other day, and it glows great! Thanks Sias!

I am liking the Quake.

I don't throw it a lot. But when I need it, it is reliable.

To me it seems like a Zone OS with a little more distance potential.

Other than grip what diff is there between this and the wasp?

I only have a sample size of 1 so far, and it has been a while since I bagged a Wasp, but this seems more OS than a Wasp, closer to a drone or a very OS Zone. It has a lot of LS fade at the end of the flight

I would compare the quake to a buzz OS (it is damn near identical in feel, w/ a slightly less chunky feeling rim) but vs a wasp it will hold straight with a dumpy fade while wasps have a slightly more forward fade. I think that a lot of people are finding it so OS because of the speed. I liked the quake but found it was very straight for about 280 then it dumps hard to about 300-315 depending on the skip. Ultimately it was not useful as the zone/pig/harp speed is more controllable for approaches and rarely are people throwing midranges for OS forehand needs myself included. Great plastic, dumpy fade, different grip/no bead, otherwise a quake = wasp.

Pretty stoked to try one out when I get it next week. I love my Proline Hellfire.

the weather finally cooperated and i got to play today.

there was a LOT of wind.

the Quake was fantastic. by far my used used disc today. even directly into a very stiff headwind (gusts up to 35 or so) the Quake was predictable and reliable.

it seemed to thrive in the wind.

Quake is very similar to a Buzzz OS, no? - visually it has a little smoother curve to the rim but overall VERY similar to Buzzz OS, I don't throw one much but my friend does and I checked it out and tossed it, almost identical I guess. Anyone have insight on differences? Would Quake maybe start hyzer earlier or later? and overall aggressive Overstability would BOS be more or less in comparison to the Quake? idk to me its the same but sliiiightly different rim shape, slightly. "they mostly come at night....mostly" - cartman

others might be able to answer that better.

i never personally clicked with the Buzzz OS, i didnt like the shoulder and i didnt like the plastic (only tried the ZFlx).

i love the feel and plastic of the Quake.

it is not far off from Buzzz OS or a Wasp, but for me it fades a bit harder.

yesterday was a great chance to for me to see, it wouldnt turn over in the strongest winds that i would play in.

Anybody who has bagged a Quake for 6 months or more, how does it fly when seasoned? Starting to dig mine more now that I've knocked the fresh off of it.

Latest posts