• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Overstable Midrange: The Quake

Oh yeah...The Granite is less OS than the proline for sure. The granite quake fits nicely between my Buzzz's and the proline Quake.

Good to know that it's not just in my head then haha. I was hoping for a more stable complement to my 180g Star Roc3, but they actually seem to fly in a pretty similar way. Still a cool disc, just not what I was expecting. Maybe I'll check a Proline out.

Anyone know if the stock proline Quake is as beefy as the First Flights?

How does it compare to a First Flight?

Unfortunately I've never tried a first flight. The only close thing to compare it to is a 170g esp-flx drone. A tick more stable, and I get cleaner releases FH. Wish I tried this mold sooner! Also hope they run more SP's in the future. Seems covid has put the Discraft factory into overdrive, they probably are sidelining DGA stuff.

Try a D-Line as well, I think they're even better.

Well, I got one and bagged it for a round today. Very different disc than the SP or pro but it's pretty sweet. Not nearly as OS with a touch of dome and actually has good glide. Threw it both BH and FH, made a couple of nice touch FH approaches once I learned not to throw it like I do my SP. It's probably what a nice OS Roc should fly like.

Think I'm gonna bag it instead of my Buzzz for a bit. 😯

This is the bottom of my D line Quake. I had a few witnesses to my first ace 😁 High BH hyzer over some Okie cedars, 180ish and blind. Last I saw, it was coming in hot at about a 45° angle.

Really liking this disc but yeah, it's getting beat up pretty quick.

Attachments

• PXL_20210110_011120521.jpg
    PXL_20210110_011120521.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 37
This is the bottom of my D line Quake. I had a few witnesses to my first ace 😁 High BH hyzer over some Okie cedars, 180ish and blind. Last I saw, it was coming in hot at about a 45° angle.

Really liking this disc but yeah, it's getting beat up pretty quick.

Noice! Mine lost all stability after like 3 tree hits. Im very happy with my proline FF. The D-line Quake flight now overlaps with my Buzzz. Had to drop it.
Better consistency with Quake/Buzzz in premium plastics imo.

Noice! Mine lost all stability after like 3 tree hits. Im very happy with my proline FF. The D-line Quake flight now overlaps with my Buzzz. Had to drop it.
Better consistency with Quake/Buzzz in premium plastics imo.

I've been bagging it instead of a Buzzz for most of the last couple months. Don't throw it a bunch so it's still got some lss but has definitely lost some hss. I really do like how it glides though, seems less power hungry than the Buzzz to me.

I bagged the quake about three months ago. I think it is a great overstable midrange with remarkably great glide for a beefy midrange. I have added it my favorites.

Bit of sadness today. Sunking just got the SP Quakes in stock. I emailed to see what the profile of the discs were. The response was ...

"they all have a touch of dome to them"

While some may enjoy dome for this type of disc and it should give them even more glide...i would have preferred them Flat.

Bit of sadness today. Sunking just got the SP Quakes in stock. I emailed to see what the profile of the discs were. The response was ...

"they all have a touch of dome to them"

While some may enjoy dome for this type of disc and it should give them even more glide...i would have preferred them Flat.

Dude....😫