• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Proto Mid

So maybe an overstable Aftershock, without the Aftershock's mini bead/lip? I'd go for one of those.

The wing profile actually kinda reminds me of my Roc3's, so if it's more overstable and also faster than my Harps, I could certainly see having a place in the bag for it.

Last edited:
Nice! I like the Aftershock quite a bit, so having a more OS compliment would be great.

Got my Quake today. (Benefit of living 20 minutes from DGA) Haven't thrown it, but the disc itself looks great. DGA guys described it as being between a Buzzz OS and a Drone. The plastic is beautiful on it though. Almost a shiny reddish pink titanium. Can't wait to throw it.

Or maybe it's based off the Nebula?

Can't be, Discraft told me personally that molding the Nebula in premium plastic correctly required Panda bear bone powder mixed with black Rhino horn shavings so they could never put it into full production.

Got my Quake today. (Benefit of living 20 minutes from DGA) Haven't thrown it, but the disc itself looks great. DGA guys described it as being between a Buzzz OS and a Drone. The plastic is beautiful on it though. Almost a shiny reddish pink titanium. Can't wait to throw it.

So....it's been 12 or so hours, and I figure you've played 3 rounds since your last post (one midnight glow round, and two crack of dawn rounds).

How'd it fly?

Finally got to get out today. This thing is beeeeefy. More overstable than my circle stamped champ gator. Better glide on it too. I can throw my mids probably about 350 pretty consistently, and the thing only wants to go left at about 290-310 ft. Profile is nice and flat and fairly shallow as far as the feel of it goes too.

how does it compare to a hornet?

Never thrown a hornet personally, but I've held them before, and I would say that they are very similar in the hand, but the Quake has more stability from what I've heard from Hornet throwers. More in line with a Drone/Gator in that department.

Maybe DGA can rebrand some of the discs Discraft just ooped. "XS, Avenger, Hornet, have a new life here."

Latest posts