• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an ace yesterday in the DD Winter warmup tournament. Hole 2 at the LL Woods course. Nice little flick shot with a champ xcal I just got the day before. $780 ace pot split 3-ways...

Bagged my 2nd Ace (1st of 2011) on Friday, Feb 4
Barnett Park, Orlando FL
Parkside Course
Hole #7 - 294 feet long and straight (50' to the left and short of the large vine-covered disc eating bush on the far right side)... (diff location than the arrow points to)
ESP Surge - 173g

906fbfc2.jpg

I walked up to the tee pad, told my wife to listen for the chains, then tossed it right in...
lol...
Guess I should tell people to listen for the chains more often?
Next hole I threw a leaner...had my disc right under the basket leaning against the pole... All downhill from there, but man, what a great feeling!

Last edited:
I only played pease once. Whats the deal with it closing? I was aspiring to move to austin in the summer and playing pease daily, but recently realized its not on course finder, ****ty

...im a huge mf fan also, got more soul than a sock with a hole..

Kind of cool to have two of the last aces ever at a course, and any day with two aces is a good one.

First Ace Ever!!!!

Yesterday (2-8-11) I played the Hood River DGC in Hood River, OR. This is a very short course and the tee placements have changed from what is listed on this site under the hole description of the course. The longest hole is ~300' and the shortest hole is ~80' (Yeah, I know, gotta do something about that!)

Anyways, number 9 is about 240' and is a straight run with a hidden basket tucked behind a big pine tree on the left of the "fairway." I grabbed my Z-XL and just fired a straight shot down the alley and when it slowed down, watched it as it broke with hyzer right behind the tree. About a second later...."CHING!"

I was playing in a group of 7 and a couple of friends ran down the fairway until they could see the basket. Once they started going ape$hit, I knew I had just got my first ACE! Someone showed me how to sign the basket and disc to make sure I documented the occasion properly. ;)

What a great day. It also resulted in my best round ever at the course too. -5 for 9 holes. Not particularly great considering I've seen people regularly shoot -9 there. It's just the short holes really skew the normal type of rounds. I'm sure glad my first ace wasn't on the 80' hole number 2. I don't think I would have counted that.

Dan-Hyzer

So me and some friends were playing Herman c. Park yesterday on Valentines Day. One of my friends hit his 1st ace on hole 13 longs, it was a SICK skip ace. 4 holes later I hit my 4th ACE. Not quite as pretty as his though.

I had a spit out today at Rice DGC on hole 8. It hit dead center in the chains went into the basket and popped out. I've never had an ace and was not happy. It's ironic that I threw a really great shot and was not happy! I was playing alone anyway and would much rather get my first ace when someone could be a witness. It just makes me want it so much more though!

Got my first pdga ace this weekend @ Cold Brook Park in Mi, threw a tomahawk through a straightgap on hole 9. Had to split it and only got $110, still pretty dang sweet!!

I wish I had seen this thread earlier this year. on New Years Day I got Ace #3 on hole 17 (165ft) at Wilson Park in Martinsville,Va. and shot a personal best 46 for that course. the New Year started with a bang!

Just found this thread but on superbowl sunday I hit an ace with a elite z avenger hole 2 loriella park

I got my first wednesday at Hocking College DGC. #15 is about 250' anhyser line through the woods and around a ridgeline. I threw the very first disc I owned. A 175 dx Valkyrie. Man you'd be hard pressed to beat that feeling. After 4 years of playing, it was warranted I think. also shot my best round at hocking that day, -5. one of the best days of disc ive ever had!

I got my first wednesday at Hocking College DGC. #15 is about 250' anhyser line through the woods and around a ridgeline. I threw the very first disc I owned. A 175 dx Valkyrie. Man you'd be hard pressed to beat that feeling. After 4 years of playing, it was warranted I think. also shot my best round at hocking that day, -5. one of the best days of disc ive ever had!
It IS a great feeling isn't it? Congrats!

My first hole in one today. Burke Lake 146' using an Eagle fairwar driver, forehand throw. I was walking to the tee and was about to get out my recorder and said you know i have a feeling today one of us will get a hole in one. i put the recorder down, walked to the tee box and sunk it. What a great feeling!!

Hit my third ace this weekend at Mcdade park in Houston. Hole #6 225ft anny shot with a 175 dart putter. Three aces in just over a year playing!!!

Got my first ace into a real basket today! (2 tone pole aces) Too bad it was only on hole 8 at Sherwood Forest (~100ft).

Just seeing this thread. Got my 3rd ace of 2011 today...and on my birthday! Star San Marino Roc on Campbell University black #14 (180' - blind hyzer shot). 1st ace of 2011 was on Jan 31 - at Valley Springs #2, with my girlfriend's dog jumping at me as I threw, so flinched a little...and it went right in (140' uphill slight right shot) - 179 DX Roc. 2nd ace of 2011 - the next round I played at Leigh Farm (#7 downhill 175' skip ace) - 180 DX Roc. 3 aces in 2011, all with Rocs - in fact my last 5 aces are all with Rocs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts