• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY!

Got my first ace on hole #4 of the Cache La Poudre Jr. High course. It happened back on 2/23, but my buddy finally sent this shot of me next to the basket that he took from the tee box.

Attachments

• Ace #1.jpg
    Ace #1.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 45
I was playing last Saturday with my two roommates on our campus course at Eastern Oregon University. We had been playing well, parking my shots most of the round including one basket hit already. we head to hole #7 and on our walk there I mention to my buddies I am feeling an ace today. So I fan grip my buzzz and send it flat off the tee and a little to the right. The hole curves down hill and to the left and that bad boy just floated out there and then dived right into the chains! The rush of seeing the disc hit chains and land in the basket before you hear that beautiful sound is awesome! Best part was I had called it on the walk there. Best DG moment this year!!

Hit an Ace on Hole number 11 at Rotary Park in Huntington WV. I was throwing a DX Wedge that i had found earlier last week. It would have been a terrible shot had it not hit chains but it did. Ace number#5 for me.

Got my second Ace over the weekend during a trip to San Antonio Texas at Live Oak DGC. Hole #20 a 214 ft shot forearm flick with a Star Arcon.

Got one today! Hole 6 Maple Hill: Reds, 310. Mark in the proshop said not only is the hole in the top two for difficulty for the layout but he's never heard it has been aced before!

3B1E20DC-5739-47A2-9667-4A557ABC6040-20100-00001A4574A69ACD.jpg

I threw my beloved light pink MVP Volt so smooth and so straight. The funny thing is we never heard chains, and I was so satisfied with the pull I could have cared less if it parked, aced, or skipped in the lake because I knew I threw it perfect and couldn't have done better.

Jake had a rough hole and after he threw a couple of throws we finally got within sight of the basket but I still didn't see. He just walked over and gave me a huge high 5 and I thought, hmm "he is handling these shanks well". Then I looked up, saw it, and am still smiling!

Basket is at the bottom of the hill to the left.
B8E04438-2072-48D0-8A48-FDDBC035A3BE-20283-00001A4D3FD808A4.jpg

Love reading about Aces!! Incredible stories.

I have one to my name - Hole 6 at Delaveaga DGC in Santa Cruz, CA, in the short right location, around 360 feet on a smooth, low grade, downhill. Gold, gold line, latitude 64, Vision (my avatar is a an opto Vision). I knew I threw it too hard, and might end up be in the road or gully, but yelled "Hit it!" and it did. My buddy Steve witnessed it. We were jumping up and down and yelling at 7:30 am on an empty course.

http://delaveagadiscgolf.com/hole-6/

I'm glad I didn't yell "One Time", because I hope to get another one some day!

Well done! And in the snow too!

Thanks buddy. Felt so good particularly because the day before I said one of us had to get an ace during the 8-9 rounds we were gonna play in the next 3 days. Also the slow realization that the ace was real arguably was more gratifying than the more sudden and typical realization of an ace. Delayed gratification is a concept I preach in life and it came around for me today.

Doing spring course work Tuesday morning I argued for 10 min about how hole 5 is more luck than fair.

Playing the course in the afternoon I ace hole 5 :doh: with a beat up Buzzz
attachment.php

Hole #5 Reservoir Hill DGC, 235' uphill (plays about 280')

Attachments

• 2013-03-26_16-21-43_550.jpg
    2013-03-26_16-21-43_550.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 142
Playing tonight with my friend. He's a bolfer and so he brings a couple irons and tries for the pin too. Anyway, we were on the 205' 4th hole and I said "Paiton, watch, I've already hit this basket 3 times in the last 4 weeks." Threw and said, "And this one looks pretty good too!" CHING! We were running around and screaming like madmen. He had never seen an ace before, so it was an adrenaline rush for both of us! I think he might start playing with me more! (Also same disc I threw my last ace with, a Cryztal Zone that I bought from Jcrabb66. Thanks again man!)

Wow.

Two ace runs on a 380 foot hole with a Volt then Axis next round.

Ace ran a 435 foot uphill hole that plays more like 450-460 with a Quasar.

Two ace runs back to back during my two rounds on a 250 foot hole with my Axis, soooo thought the one I filmed was going in.

Deuced a 415 foot hole thats uphill and plays like 475. Blasted a quasar out there and sank the putt. Of course the round we filmed I 3 that hole haha.

Swear Im hitting another ace on video soon, feeling it so much.

Got my sixth today on the mother of all ace runs. #12 at Joshua Park in Rock Falls, IL. Slightly elevated tee, wide open, house on right. Threw my old trusty Ridge that I've used every round for 2+ years on a hyzer, knew it was in right away. Finally got one with that disc!!! :D

view_image.php

My First Hole in 1

I was running around screaming i was so excited, All Glory goes to my Saviour though.
Also is a ace the same as a hole in 1 in all instances?

Hole #6 @ Winchester City Park TN, 140ft. almost brand new gateway SS Magic that i tried to dye and failed lol so i drew on it with sharpie, anyway, i been driving all day with these things, ordered 3 of them and they are so straight with VERY VERY little fade . I love these

IMG_20130405_203855_352.jpg

IMG_20130405_203846_366.jpg

20130405_182206.jpg

2013040595182222.jpg

and then to top it off 2 holes later probably the second best drive ive ever done, this was from 390ft away with a Blizzard TeeDevil 8 ft past it, also the farthest drive i've ever thrown i think.
IMG_20130405_185928_478.jpg

Awesome Ace, wish I had it on video!

e0c930aa_m.jpg

First Ace ever! I just started playing last summer. I was super excited afterwards, ran around, did cartwheels, etc.. Great part about it was, 6 people who just finished that hole saw it, 2 people waiting for me to tee saw it, 2 people fishing saw it, and someone stopped there car to yell congrats to me from the street! LOL! Then my partner threw his disc, and it went in the pond! We just went home after that!

#16, across the pond at Bryan Park in Richmond, VA. (208', 175' of which is water)

Threw my favorite disc, Discraft Elite Z Flick, sidearm

First Prodigy ace! Forehand M1 on hole 3 at West Ga dgc. For any familiar with the course, my buddy was sitting on the bridge we throw over. A day earlier, I had a splash out with the same disc on a forehand skip. This one was not for any change, and we had just turned off the camera, but an ace feels good either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.